Page 890 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 39079084088088888989089189290094099013901890 ... LastLast
Results 17,781 to 17,800 of 67381
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It's my birthday!

I'm going to celebrate by attending a knitting workshop. By choice. I'm chuffed about it.

Also - tomorrow (postponed from today because Number 3 son is taking the PSATs tomorrow morning) we are going to Screamfest at Canobie Lake Park. Which is just an excuse to ride a roller coaster at night in October. Not that I need an excuse but getting the kids to go with me is a great birthday present. Actually, Number 3 son and I have the same favorite ride - the Tilt-A-Whirl and he maintains that the best Tilt-A-Whirl is at Canobie Lake Park.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Wow, an explosion of silliness allowed the other thread to knock off 150 posts of deficit to this one. At that rate, it will pass this thread in 26 days. An anomalous day perhaps, but may get close.
    Likely less of an anomaly as we get closer to the moment of truth.

Happy Birthday, Bostondevil!

Another 75 or so and it is still early...

I think the election thread is in its biggest week that it will have. After the third debate, if Trump leakage continues, there simply won't be much more to discuss.

LONG LIVE LTE

^^^^^ Haha, that's a good one Mtn.Dev... Unless just wishful thinking.
    Let's not forget we have standards over here. We're all self-assured, good looking and highly intellectual. We accept diversity of poptart proclivity without heartlessly condemning each other. Each of us would be eager to point anyone needing help in the direction of someone else who could help them! Come one, come all and come with enough to cover your own bar tab.
    Last edited by weezie; 10-14-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Well - some folks don't get it. We're like Seinfeld, except not funny.

We're not trying to be funny! The LTE isn't supposed to be funny. It's just supposed to be. That's all there is to it.

Looks like this autumn is turning out to be a dud here in WNC. Sigh.

I bought a two pack of Pop Tarts today at the cafeteria at work. Strawberry frosted. They will be toasted tomorrow.

Apparently, our nationally televised football game is slowing them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It's my birthday!
    Happy Birthday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Looks like this autumn is turning out to be a dud here in WNC. Sigh.
    I blame Matt. Not you, the Cat 4 one.

Using stats dating back to the 5th of August, that other thread will pass us on approximately 1/1/2017. This of course assumes that both threads maintain the same pace of posts over that time period. The election is 23 days away and it should be noted that the other thread can reel off 100+ posts without much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Using stats dating back to the 5th of August, that other thread will pass us on approximately 1/1/2017. This of course assumes that both threads maintain the same pace of posts over that time period. The election is 23 days away and it should be noted that the other thread can reel off 100+ posts without much trouble.
    I hear it will be open through the inauguration on January 20.

I forgot to have my Pop Tarts this morning.

I posted over there, I'm so ashamed.
    No reason to be ashamed. It's a very interesting discussion.

But back to pop tarts and all, I am in a serious breakfast funk. Looking for different ideas that the usual eggs/cereal/grits/starch kind of thing. I can do fruit and yogurt for a spell, but then get tired of it.

But back to pop tarts and all, I am in a serious breakfast funk. Looking for different ideas that the usual eggs/cereal/grits/starch kind of thing. I can do fruit and yogurt for a spell, but then get tired of it.
    Here in Ess Ehh(San Antonio), we have breakfast tacos. I think the rest of the US calls them breakast burritos, but as the tortilla is not closed on the local versions, they are tacos here.

I have a particular affinity for the ones with beef brisket...

I don't recommend steel cut oatmeal no matter how healthy it is. It's like eating soggy cardboard - but only if you cook it right.

My youngest son likes to have pepperoni and cheddar cheese for breakfast (yes - the one on chemo).

Here in Ess Ehh(San Antonio), we have breakfast tacos. I think the rest of the US calls them breakast burritos, but as the tortilla is not closed on the local versions, they are tacos here.

I have a particular affinity for the ones with beef brisket...
    Appreciate it. Looking forward to having a taco truck on every corner!

I don't recommend steel cut oatmeal no matter how healthy it is. It's like eating soggy cardboard - but only if you cook it right.

My youngest son likes to have pepperoni and cheddar cheese for breakfast (yes - the one on chemo).
    Bless your son, vibes and prayers his way (and yours).

I hate oatmeal of all types, so that's out.

I don't recommend steel cut oatmeal no matter how healthy it is. It's like eating soggy cardboard - but only if you cook it right. My youngest son likes to have pepperoni and cheddar cheese for breakfast (yes - the one on chemo).
    Blessings for your son, BD. Fight on young man! The oatmeal and pizza additions sound tasty, more of a dinner entree to me though. How about a little tabasco in there?
    We eat a lot of the steel cut, small crock pot, four hours overnight low heat.
    OPK, have you tried adding nuts, pumpkin seeds, shredded unsweetened coconut, dried mango, currants, etc?

SUE71ESQ, Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Any cake left over for your old pal weez?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'