Page 2699 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 16992199259926492689269726982699270027012709274927993199 ... LastLast
Results 53,961 to 53,980 of 67384
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Today would be a bad day to take another run at the PPB, in case the mods were considering it.
    I was mildly surprised the legal question thread got closed, I feel like it isn't that uncommon for people to post general legal questions here and a quick thread title search agrees with me.

Today would be a bad day to take another run at the PPB, in case the mods were considering it.
    Why do you say that? Kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I was mildly surprised the legal question thread got closed, I feel like it isn't that uncommon for people to post general legal questions here and a quick thread title search agrees with me.
    It's a loaded topic and people I know personally are EXTREMELY emotional about it right now. I understand the move.

It’s way more than a legal question.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    It’s way more than a legal question.

-jk
    Yep. I wouldn't allow a discussion. There have been decisions made here that I may have had small quibbles with. Not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It's a loaded topic and people I know personally are EXTREMELY emotional about it right now. I understand the move.
    Ok, it wasn't clear to me (perhaps it should have been) that it was *that* legal issue. I assumed it was of the genre "what can I do if my neighbor won't mow their lawn" or "what can I do if someone scrapes my car in the parking lot" or something. Guessing I missed the original topic, consider me thoroughly un-confused!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Normally, in terms of my thought process, I am the Queen of Unintended Consequences. Today, I am the Empress. There are some spectacular unintended consequences raging in my mind, some of them I wouldn't mind seeing come to pass. Most of them are really, really bad though.

Vague on purpose - I know you know what I'm talking about but I'm just going to leave it there.

Ok, it wasn't clear to me (perhaps it should have been) that it was *that* legal issue. I assumed it was of the genre "what can I do if my neighbor won't mow their lawn" or "what can I do if someone scrapes my car in the parking lot" or something. Guessing I missed the original topic, consider me thoroughly un-confused!
    My tongue-in-cheek response was quickly removed by the mods. What I wrote was a factual statement. I want that on the record.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Normally, in terms of my thought process, I am the Queen of Unintended Consequences. Today, I am the Empress. There are some spectacular unintended consequences raging in my mind, some of them I wouldn't mind seeing come to pass. Most of them are really, really bad though.

Vague on purpose - I know you know what I'm talking about but I'm just going to leave it there.
    I am hearing you on that. But in today's world, what applies to the goose does not necessarily apply to the gander.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I'm not sure how many of us they want

I would turn me down, but I know me.

I know the answer to that: not many at all. A few years ago a good friend of mine made the attempt...he was in his mid fifties, is a world class designer of microprocessors, has plenty of money, but they turned him down. He thinks it was his age. They don't want their already burdened health care system to be further burdened by a bunch of incoming Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I know the answer to that: not many at all. A few years ago a good friend of mine made the attempt...he was in his mid fifties, is a world class designer of microprocessors, has plenty of money, but they turned him down. He thinks it was his age. They don't want their already burdened health care system to be further burdened by a bunch of incoming Yanks.
    He was denied citizenship?

He was denied citizenship?
    My grandmother was Canadian. I wonder if they factor that in to the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It otta-wa.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    They won’t let Ted Cruz back, fwiw.

(Not sure that’s true, but it feels like it could be).

Stories about people lost in the wild often feature a scene when the protagonist stumbles onto a camp/set of footprints/food remnants, experiences brief relief only to realize it is his own --- and that he's just expended a lot of precious energy stumbling around lost in a circle.

bout right.

Hmmmm…

Saw the last half of the film Marathon Man last night. Film was definitely different back then.