Page 32 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442821325321032 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm naming my next dog π, but I'll spell it Pie for legal reasons.
    Awesome! My brotha, from anotha mutha, Shammrog has a dog named Pi.

-EJ

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Although it has nothing to do with the number 589, my newest play premieres tonight.

It's about a woman in love with her boss.

My boss is coming.

I told him a couple of weeks ago that if he did come to the show he was not to view it as autobiographical.

It's not autobiographical.

Still, I do wonder how someone would take that.

Break a leg!

(Or is that only for the actors?)

Tell your boss it was about a different boss. That way, it still has (to current bossman) a ring of truth (even if it was a lie.)

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. I seem to answer questions I never even thought I could in the comfort of my home, but know I'd choke on TV.
    I was on Jeopardy once. I lost by $3 (wearing my Duke-colored bowtie). I had a good chunk of change going, too. Even the Jeopardy people were like, "Wow man, that sucks."

Wow, that does kinda suck. But isn't that better than having a negative number and not even being able to compete in final Jeopardy?

Why 589? Clue of the Day:

It is sports related.

Hey wilson, sorry about Jeopardy.

Oh, the play went really well, I was very happy with the actors and the direction. I always love what actors and directors can bring to the table. They hit the tone I had in my head when I wrote plus they added their own uniqueness to the production which is one of the best things about seeing your work done on stage, IMHO. (As a playwright, I'm not alone in thinking this but I am in a minority.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Why 589? Clue of the Day:

It is sports related.

Hey wilson, sorry about Jeopardy.

Oh, the play went really well, I was very happy with the actors and the direction. I always love what actors and directors can bring to the table. They hit the tone I had in my head when I wrote plus they added their own uniqueness to the production which is one of the best things about seeing your work done on stage, IMHO. (As a playwright, I'm not alone in thinking this but I am in a minority.)
    I found the number, but don't know what the heck it means as I'm not a football fan. 589 is the Patriots PF. Or perhaps I should put this answer in the form of a question: BostonDevil, what is the Patriots PF?

It's the number of points the Pats scored this season, a new NFL record. Go Pats!

It's the number of points the Pats scored this season, a new NFL record. Go Pats!
    Now that makes sense!

I didn't think you were a Boston sports fan, or is just the Sox you don't root for?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Now that makes sense!

I didn't think you were a Boston sports fan, or is just the Sox you don't root for?
    I tend to be lukewarm on Boston sports, and I really don't like the Sox. But I kinda like the Pats.

More importantly, I'm fascinated by teams who can make history in spite of overwhelming pressure, so I'm hoping for the Pats to finish this.

Hmmm, dilemma, Tilly got the Pats reference but billybreen got what it meant. I think I'll have to give it to both of you. Two more scarves! (Warning, it will take me awhile.)

I tend to be lukewarm on Boston sports, and I really don't like the Sox. But I kinda like the Pats.

More importantly, I'm fascinated by teams who can make history in spite of overwhelming pressure, so I'm hoping for the Pats to finish this.
    You're killin' me! But I suppose I can't have everything. Now off to put on my Mike Vrabel jersey that I got for Christmas.

Just upping the post count

by noticing we're getting close to the longest thread ever on the main board now, the football coach search has 695 posts.

I'm the reverse of BB. Lukewarm at best on the Pats, more of a fan of the Red Sox. Back in the day, I was a fan of both. Keep in mind this was 1981-1983 time frame(when I lived in the Ft. Devens/Ayer area)

Not a fan of hockey, and I always pulled for the Lakers during the Celtic- Laker rivalry. I will say that I did want the Celtics to get to the finals.

I guess the one Boston area team I am truly a fan of is the Revolution.

589 = 23

Like the movie 23, you see 589 everywhere. License plates, menus, scoreboards, number of coils in a mattress. It's haunting and pervasive.

AAAAHHHHHH!

Grrrrraaave Diggerrrrrrrr!

Kind of a sport...I'm going to monster trucks tonight!!!
    I love the monster truck rally. Not only is it as full as the Georgia Dome ever gets, it's just flat out flippin' awesome. I always experience a twinge of guilt, because the whole experience is so profligate and consumptive, but I make up for it by using a couple of $5 words in expressing said guilt.
    It certainly isn't for everyone, but by golly, it is for me. Anyone who ever has a chance, you should go. But only in a super dome setting (one of the new football caverns). I went in the RBC Center last year and was quite underwhelmed...there's just not enough room there for the trucks to really do what they can do.
    Tonight, however, even if I walk away merely whelmed, I will be happy, despite the fact that we paid a hefty premium for our seats on StubHub.

For those of you who have any interest in marine wildlife, the latest TED video has some of the most amazing footage I have ever seen of cephalopods. Presented by a gentleman named David Gallo, their inventiveness at disguise/coloration is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    For those of you who have any interest in marine wildlife, the latest TED video has some of the most amazing footage I have ever seen of cephalopods. Presented by a gentleman named David Gallo, their inventiveness at disguise/coloration is amazing.
    TED?

Jeopardy story

A guy from my high school went on Jeopardy, and kicked butt in the high school episodes. He did so well he made it into the champions tournament. There, unfortunately, he just couldn't quite keep up with the competition.

He did become a school semi-hero when, for the final Jeopardy question, he bet just enough that if he got the question wrong, his money total would be 1991, his graduation year.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    TED?
    http://www.ted.com/

TED: Ideas worth spreading
    TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design...they hold multiple conferences where interesting people share things on a myriad of subjects from political to completely random things. This one by David Gallo who is a stage designer.