Page 1339 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 3398391239128913291337133813391340134113491389143918392339 ... LastLast
Results 26,761 to 26,780 of 67658
    The next question that wasn't asked is where would you like to move to?

It's all fun and games until someone paints their rear diff cover the wrong color.

I would love to sit down and watch a baseball game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would love to sit down and watch a baseball game right now.
    Me too. I didn't realize how much I would miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Grew up in Charlotte. Then Asheville. Then Seattle. Then Asheville. The Seattle. Then Vermont. Then Seattle. Then San Luis Obispo. Then the last fourteen years here in Asheville.
    Those are all very nice places to call home.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    NJ, PA, KS, GA, Tokyo, Seoul, TX, NC (if you count years at school), and back to KS.

GA - shortest - less than 1 year
    KS - 2nd time - longest but I'm not saying how long
    Another good list. I am sadly under-traveled in eastern Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Durham, Wisconsin for one year, Durham, England (Sussex) for most of a year, Durham, Texas, Georgia, Massachusetts. Within Massachusetts (where I have now lived for more than half my life) Boston, Newton, Jamaica Plain, Cambridge, Newton. I will probably be living in DC half the time in a couple of years.
    Sounds like you're due for another round of Durham if your history is any indication!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Those are all very nice places to call home.

Another good list. I am sadly under-traveled in eastern Asia.

Sounds like you're due for another round of Durham if your history is any indication!
    I was just a kid in Asia. Appreciated Korea more as I was in my teens and traveled around the country more. I still think of Seoul as home.

I was just a kid in Asia. Appreciated Korea more as I was in my teens and traveled around the country more. I still think of Seoul as home.
    I won't mention any Seoul puns...

So, it is really in your soul?

Is it your sole source of comfort when you think "there is no place like home"?
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 04-09-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Pure 70's kitsch

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is it your sole source of comfort when you think "there is no place like home"?
    When I think of home, I picture family - the place doesn't matter - the never live anywhere longer than 4 years syndrome. The opening scene of M*A*S*H puts me in my house ni Seoul - combination of the sound of helicopters and the hills. I know it was filmed in California but the hills remind me of the ones around our company compound. Great memories from those 4 years.

WINE TIME!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I just got done with whine time...

Bad time to start looking for a new job. Thankful to be employed, but boy am I ready for a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Bad time to start looking for a new job. Thankful to be employed, but boy am I ready for a change of scenery.
    This issue came up with a friend of mine about an hour ago. Feel your pain.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Two of my sons had summer jobs lined up that look like they are not going to happen. Another one had planned to use his spring break to look for one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Depending upon the industry and willingness to relocate, some areas are hiring right now. I've had multiple calls in the last week which would likely lead to offers if I am willing to relocate to California or Washington(state).

Depending upon the industry and willingness to relocate, some areas are hiring right now. I've had multiple calls in the last week which would likely lead to offers if I am willing to relocate to California or Washington(state).
    It will be an interesting employment, and entrepreneurial, environment come the end of the year. It looks like the environment will be markedly different. Opportunity, and worry.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It will be an interesting employment, and entrepreneurial, environment come the end of the year. It looks like the environment will be markedly different. Opportunity, and worry.
    Yes, only time will tell. For me, we are seeing a sea of baby boomers exiting the work force. I've worked with a couple that have put in 50+ years with one company. They have talked about delaying their exits. I do suspext there is a competitiveness thing going on also. One of the two has a year tenure on the other and is often recognized for being the longest tenured employee in our company.'s history. The runner up would like a moment in the sun.

Yes, only time will tell. For me, we are seeing a sea of baby boomers exiting the work force. I've worked with a couple that have put in 50+ years with one company. They have talked about delaying their exits. I do suspext there is a competitiveness thing going on also. One of the two has a year tenure on the other and is often recognized for being the longest tenured employee in our company.'s history. The runner up would like a moment in the sun.
    Everyone has their own motive and goal. Every organization has its own ethos.

Extreme circumstances distill these traits it seems.

And there we are.