Page 600 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 10050055059059859960060160261065070011001600 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 12,000 of 67392

Red face I apologize ... it was my fault

As soon as I realized that snrub had hiccupped last night, I crashed as well. And then the game went out of hand.

I apologize to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    As soon as I realized that snrub had hiccupped last night, I crashed as well. And then the game went out of hand.

I apologize to everyone.
    Ahhh...at first I thought it was my presence at the game

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Oh Ymo, that must've been awful to witness in person. It was bad enough on tv.
    What BD said...

I apologize to everyone.
    As long as we have someone to blame.

Red face I take full responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    As long as we have someone to blame.
    And the worst part of all is that I live in Lexington. Which means, there is WAY too much rumor mongering around here about basketball coaches who should coach at UK. If I hear any more discussion about Calipari, Pitino, and Donovan, I think I will scream!!

As for snrub ... I really am glad it's there, and I do appreciate the folks running it. But the hiccup last night interfered with my mojo, and hurt the team. That and the fact that I was not wearing my lucky sweatshirt ... and I was not in a full lotus position under the bedroom ceiling fan.

And the worst part of all is that I live in Lexington. Which means, there is WAY too much rumor mongering around here about basketball coaches who should coach at UK. If I hear any more discussion about Calipari, Pitino, and Donovan, I think I will scream!!

As for snrub ... I really am glad it's there, and I do appreciate the folks running it. But the hiccup last night interfered with my mojo, and hurt the team. That and the fact that I was not wearing my lucky sweatshirt ... and I was not in a full lotus position under the bedroom ceiling fan.
    I'm sure I wasn't in proper viewing position either - so you aren't alone in causing the lost. I will fess up to my part in messing with the mojo. I was not repeating all of the things from the past victories.

I'll do better next year.

I'm sorry you have to put up with all the rumor mongering. It does get old fast.

Lavabe - have you been able to touch base with all your friends/colleagues in Madagascar? I hope all is well with them.

As for snrub ... I really am glad it's there, and I do appreciate the folks running it. But the hiccup last night
    Last night I was lurking in snrub at the start of the game, then left to help the mojo. When I tried to get back in at halftime, I couldn't. Midway through the second half I saw BillyBreen was on FB so I sent him a message that there were problems. He responded a couple of minutes later and said he didn't know there was a problem - usually some one sends him an email but no one did, so he didn't now there was a problem. Two minutes later it was back up, although it didn't help the team shoot any better

Snrub is a nice tool for us to use and thank you BB for setting it up and running it. Football season is just around the corner!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Last night I was lurking in snrub at the start of the game, then left to help the mojo. When I tried to get back in at halftime, I couldn't. Midway through the second half I saw BillyBreen was on FB so I sent him a message that there were problems. He responded a couple of minutes later and said he didn't know there was a problem - usually some one sends him an email but no one did, so he didn't now there was a problem. Two minutes later it was back up, although it didn't help the team shoot any better

Snrub is a nice tool for us to use and thank you BB for setting it up and running it. Football season is just around the corner!
    BB has an email?

But seriously, I agree completely with your second paragraph.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Loopy kicked me out of snrubchat for telling Chris, "I <3 U."

Funny how it's acceptable to type all types of profanities directed towards our worthy opponents, but typing something positive towards a fellow poster warranted a ban.
    Send billybreen an email and ask him why. I think loopy is a friend of his.

Perhaps there is a no love rule in the. From this passive observer, it certainly seems okay be destructively negative towards someone, but show a little love YOU'RE FIRED! I just had to work that line in. heh heh

2009 hasn't been easy in Madagascar

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Lavabe - have you been able to touch base with all your friends/colleagues in Madagascar? I hope all is well with them.
    Things are very complex in the capital city. There have been two months of organized protests against the democratically elected president. More than 100 people during the last two months were killed in protests. Pressure built up, and eventually the military threw their support away from the president. The president eventually stepped aside, and is now in Swaziland. He ceded power to the military, who then they turned it over to the protest leader.

The US response to the takeover/change in government/coup/putsch (these are all words that have been used to describe the situation) has been to suspend non-humanitarian aid to the country, removed ALL Peace Corps volunteers, and issued a travel warning for all Americans. To be clear, Norway has also suspended non-humanitarian aid, and the EU, AU, and most of the region's leaders had spoken strongly against what happened.

The deposed president's supporters have been rallying this week in the capital, but today's reports on Reuters are that the police have used tear gas a second day in a row to disperse the crowds.

Also, as per a report two days ago in NatGeo News and picked up in NYT & Nature.com, at least one national park has been affected by this. Park rangers abandoning posts, and crime folks/loggers moving in. Fortunately, I have four independent reports from folks where I work who say that where I'll be has not been affected by all of this.

There's too much going on in the capital city, and I don't pretend to know what is happening, nor will I speculate as to what will happen.

It's tragic. I hope things straighten up very quickly.

Lavabe

Also, as per a report two days ago in NatGeo News and picked up in NYT & Nature.com, at least one national park has been affected by this. Park rangers abandoning posts, and crime folks/loggers moving in. Fortunately, I have four independent reports from folks where I work who say that where I'll be has not been affected by all of this.
    Will the work these opportunists are doing/will do going to effect the lemurs in that area?

Bad times

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Will the work these opportunists are doing/will do going to effect the lemurs in that area?
    I believe there's a discussion of this already in Nature.com and in the NYT and with National Geographic. Take away the primary trees, and you'll also have to take out a lot more to get those trees to market. Habitat loss=bad times for lemurs and surrounding human populations.

One other point: the big crop in the area is vanilla. Madagascar is facing a MAJOR loss of vanilla due to a fungus.

I am sure this is affecting people and the economy in the same region as the national park in question.

Lavabe

I believe there's a discussion of this already in Nature.com and in the NYT and with National Geographic. Take away the primary trees, and you'll also have to take out a lot more to get those trees to market. Habitat loss=bad times for lemurs and surrounding human populations.

One other point: the big crop in the area is vanilla. Madagascar is facing a MAJOR loss of vanilla due to a fungus.

I am sure this is affecting people and the economy in the same region as the national park in question.

Lavabe

I hope things start to improve rapidly. Losing habitats and crops is not a good thing for all involved.

I'm listening to Marvin Gaye. Let's Get It On.

Thumbs up Yee haw!

Found out today that my loan was approved! I'm moving in a month!

DiK, I hear that you're going to get some snow this weekend. Have you been to the store to stock up on bread and milk?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Found out today that my loan was approved! I'm moving in a month!
    Congratulations! You're going to be a condo owner!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

These games are blow outs and I'm bored.

There's lots to read over on the main board but too much negativity for my liking.