Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    just trying to stay ahead of Tilly
    a good...

Hey I' started page 48!! Woo hoo!!

just trying to stay ahead of Tilly
    challenge!!!

Bring it on!!!!

used lots of exclamation points to meet character limit. And, to make a point.

PW

A pure PW to tie up with Devildeac. Will surpass shortly in another thread.

longest

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Just joshin' with ya', my techie friend.

Now, we just need to address Devildeac's serious PW'ing problem this evening...
    therapy starts this evening (no, I am not talking about hand-crafted malt beverage therapy, either ) Oh, never mind...

longest

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    WOW ... that was some serious PW'ing. 5 1-lined responses in less than 20 minutes; this isn't snrub chat, ya know. ;>)

Yeah, I was Danny Ferry for two in a row. There are about 5 named post numbers in the opening 15 or so after the M mark.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    WOW, check out Tilly's posting onslaught this AM-5 posts, essentially all 1 liners in about 2 minutes-I thought the board had filters/controls/private notes/restraints for PWs who posted twice in less than a minute or so(I know I have recieved one or three of those )

WOW, check out Tilly's posting onslaught this AM-5 posts, essentially all 1 liners in about 2 minutes-I thought the board had filters/controls/private notes/restraints for PWs who posted twice in less than a minute or so(I know I have recieved one or three of those )
    We see right through your tactics, bro. Stealthily PWing so as to keep pace with a competitor by accusing that competitor of PWing is PWing all the same.

Whatever!!!

longest

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We see right through your tactics, bro. Stealthily PWing so as to keep pace with a competitor by accusing that competitor of PWing is PWing all the same.
    I promise I will be in therapy tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Should we start a thread over who is better Chuck Norris or Patrick Davidson? Just a thought.
    Ironic that in the longest thread ever, you would propose an idea for the shortest thread ever.

It would be one post, and the thread would be started and ended by Patrick Davidson. He would say that Chuck Norris is better, thus convincing you through reverse psychology that he, Patrick Davidson, is actually better. No one would contradict his post, for fear of angering Patrick Davidson!

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Ironic that in the longest thread ever, you would propose an idea for the shortest thread ever.

It would be one post, and the thread would be started and ended by Patrick Davidson. He would say that Chuck Norris is better, thus convincing you through reverse psychology that he, Patrick Davidson, is actually better. No one would contradict his post, for fear of angering Patrick Davidson!
    What political candidate has Patrick Davidson endorsed? Chuck and Rambo have already taken sides.

Talking Too easy

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I've started 12 of those threads myself!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

longest

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    WOW ... that was some serious PW'ing. 5 1-lined responses in less than 20 minutes; this isn't snrub chat, ya know. ;>)

Yeah, I was Danny Ferry for two in a row. There are about 5 named post numbers in the opening 15 or so after the M mark.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Heck, that is SLOW for the snrub chat-it seems like one is expected to post at the rate of 5 1-liners in 20 SECONDS to keep up on the chat

Talking Today we pass 1,000... maybe 2,000

... and the PPB "Huck turning around the Constitution" thread folks are trying to catch up to this thread.

I think we need a pep talk from our thread starter.

While the Hucksters are jumping the shark (not unlike some presidential candidates), we are set for a massive PW attack. No amount of religion/politics/science bickering can rival the PW express of this thread.

I suggest Wilson bring forth the ammunition ... the weekend wedding he attended! We've been waiting patiently (this will also allow Wilson to catch up to THROATY). If not, we'll go to the alternative:

CELEBRITY DBR JEOPARDY!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    A pep talk? You need a pep talk? All right, I'll try.

When I began training for the marathon last July, I went out and ran a mile just to see how bad things were, 13 minutes, for one mile! Sunday I ran 10 miles at a 10:22 pace. I'm not timing myself for just one mile anymore, because frankly, that's not the point, but the last time I ran a mile for speed, I did it in 8:04. I took 5 minutes off my mile time in 4 months. If I do it again, see you in Beijing ! My original goal was to finish the marathon without serious injury. Then I found out they let the cars back on Comm Ave after about 6 hours, so my goal became to finish before they let the cars back on Comm Ave. Then Katie Holmes ran the New York Marathon in 5 hours 29 minutes. My new goal is to whoop Katie Holmes (although 5 hours 28 minutes counts as a whoopin to me). So how about it longest thread posters? Let's whoop Katie Holmes.

(Lavabe, perhaps you can add a bit on how posting in this thread is like whoopin Katie Holmes.)

OK, here goes.
    Last Saturday, my best friend's fiancee's sister had a friend get married to Kelly Johnson, the Braves' second baseman (got all that?). She and her friends who were invited originally intended to attend as a group, sans dates. Then, they decided to change their strategy; each of them would bring the biggest Braves fan they know.
    Well, I made the cut. The wedding was more or less your standard affair: good food, good booze, good music, etc. The main distinguishing characteristic was that this one had about 10 current and former Atlanta Braves standing around.
    It took me a while to work up the requisite (liquid) courage, but eventually, I just sauntered up to each of the Braves, one by one (a few of them were standing in groups), and introduced myself.
    Nearly all of them were incredibly nice. The main exception was Jeff Francoeur. He and his wife projected the vibe of, "Wow, how great are we?" all night. When I talked to him, he was cordial enough, but basically scanning the room for something better.
    The one I was most excited about talking to was Brian McCann, who is basically my favorite player (but I refrained from telling him that). He was as personable as he possibly could have been, and I stood and held a good conversation with him for about half an hour. When we first started talking, he asked me where I was from. After I told him I was an Atlanta native, he asked if I was a Braves fan, and I nearly laughed in his face. Uh, I guess you could say that...
    It was really nice for my favorite player to be so cordial to me, and I am now as big a Brian McCann fan as ever. You should be, too.
    Pete Orr (who has actually been traded) was also really nice; I talked to him for quite a while too. He and I spent quite a while talking to Chris Dimino of 790 The Zone (for any of you who listen to Atlanta sports talk radio). Dimino is really nice too, but let me tell you...he's got the perfect face for radio.
    All in all, it was a great time. As we all know, weddings are great, but weddings with the Braves are better.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    OK, here goes.
    ...he's got the perfect face for radio.
    What a descriptive phrase - thanks for the chuckle.

T-shirts/sweatshirts, etc.

To help finish out the thread......maybe you can give me some ideas.

Since retiring I have been doing photography (musicians mainly, CDs, live concerts, etc) and illustration.

I am currently thinking about doing some Duke t-shirts. (actually working on a few now)
    I have some ideas but would appreciate any you might want to share or throw out as a possibility.

Any t-shirt/sweatshirt, etc. that you would like to have in particular? (While I prefer working on Duke stuff, other sports/teams, etc. would be fine too.)

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    (no, I am not talking about hand-crafted malt beverage therapy, either )
    Why the hell not?!?