Page 763 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 26366371375376176276376476577381386312631763 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,260 of 67680
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    DinK, have you checked your PowerBall tickets from last night yet? The $50,000,000 was in Kansas! Here's hoping you got lucky!
    Darn. I didn't buy one.

Travel safely DinK! That storm looks nasty in the midwest. Hope it doesn't impact travel on the east coast this weekend - I know several people flying out on Saturday or Sunday.
    If I'm not in the air by 10, I don't go since I wouldn't have enough time in St Louis before my return flight.

The $50,000,000 was in Kansas! Here's hoping you got lucky!
    Is it rude to point out that these may be two different things?

If so, please ignore.

Weather in the Rockies

About 30 inches of snow between Friday midnight and Wednesday PM. This morning Ms. Sagegrouse reported her car thermometer was registering -22 F.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Agreed. Just finished watching their five song set. Still can rock the joint like they have done for almost 50 years. Just said to my wife while listening/watching: greatest rock and roll band of all time. But maybe we should take that discussion to the Rock and Roll HOF thread.
    Roger is still my favorite lead singer of all time, but I think the Stones are the best band. Every member of the Stones seems to give something up/tone it down a hair for the good of the song. Despite Mick's "flash" he is a pretty subdued singer a lot of the time. Charlie dumbs down his playing for the benefit of the tune.

Never thought Zep was much of a "band". Greatest drummer ever. Very good guitar player. Singer too androgynous. But not as tight as the best bands.

In more recent times, Rage is the best band I have seen. Super tight. Insanely good live show.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Roger is still my favorite lead singer of all time, but I think the Stones are the best band. Every member of the Stones seems to give something up/tone it down a hair for the good of the song. Despite Mick's "flash" he is a pretty subdued singer a lot of the time. Charlie dumbs down his playing for the benefit of the tune.

Never thought Zep was much of a "band". Greatest drummer ever. Very good guitar player. Singer too androgynous. But not as tight as the best bands.

In more recent times, Rage is the best band I have seen. Super tight. Insanely good live show.
    Can't really argue with the Stones, either. Saw them at WW about 6 years ago. Excellent show. Sorry I missed Quadrophenia in Greensboro earlier this month but my old ears can only take so many decibels and I save most of them for games at Cameron.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Off until 7 AM on 12/27. Woo-Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Can't really argue with the Stones, either. Saw them at WW about 6 years ago. Excellent show. Sorry I missed Quadrophenia in Greensboro earlier this month but my old ears can only take so many decibels and I save most of them for games at Cameron.
    The Who > The Stones. There, I said it.

Even if we say that the singer and lead guitarists are about equal, and that both bands were extremely prolific with staying-power songs, you have John Entwistle and Keith Moon compared to Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts. I like Charlie, but that's not a close comparison of rhythm sections.

The world didn't end, I'm free from holding back on opinions now. If only I could fit them under 140 characters. #Twitterbomb #hashtag #offthechizain #wayconfused #needdecaf #soybomb

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Even if we say that the singer and lead guitarists are about equal, and that both bands were extremely prolific with staying-power songs, you have John Entwistle and Keith Moon compared to Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts. I like Charlie, but that's not a close comparison of rhythm sections.

The world didn't end, I'm free from holding back on opinions now. If only I could fit them under 140 characters. #Twitterbomb #hashtag #offthechizain #wayconfused #needdecaf #soybomb
    The day's not over yet.

I can see edouble's argument, especially with longevity figured in with the Stones. But I still like The Who better. I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Plus 1? Plus sideways eight! The Who is the best band ever.

Merry Christmas!

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

May Santa bring everyone more than they deserve (especially me).

Happy New Year! I hope 2013 is full of joy and pleasant surprises for everyone - as well as lots of Duke victories!

Almost Perfect

According to my wife, I am almost perfect!

She says she can only find two things wrong with me:
    1) Everything I say
    2) Everything I do

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    According to my wife, I am almost perfect!

She says she can only find two things wrong with me:
    1) Everything I say
    2) Everything I do
    Is she a Mike Cross fan? He points this out in one of his songs - but says it is true of all men.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is she a Mike Cross fan? He points this out in one of his songs - but says it is true of all men.
    Well, either she stole it from him, or he stole it from her, in which case I think my wife may be due some royalties.

Seriously, I did not know Mike Cross was still around. I had not heard anything about him since I moved from Durham to Atlanta in the early 80's. Still have the "Bounty Hunter" album filed away somewhere in my basement. Might have to dig it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Well, either she stole it from him, or he stole it from her, in which case I think my wife may be due some royalties.

Seriously, I did not know Mike Cross was still around. I had not heard anything about him since I moved from Durham to Atlanta in the early 80's. Still have the "Bounty Hunter" album filed away somewhere in my basement. Might have to dig it out.
    I don't know if he is still around or not. I think that song might have been on his Best of the Funny Stuff album/cd.

eta - per his website, he still has concert dates listed. The song is Farewell Toasts and has some great lines. And yes - he owes her royalties.

My wife, part 2

I really thought things might be getting better between my wife and me, and that she was getting more romantic.

I overheard her phone conversation with a friend, where my wife was saying she was planning on taking me out. It was only later in the conversation that I discovered she was talking about using her new Glock 9 mm.

"I'm gonna leave you woman, before I commit a crime.
    I'm gonna leave you woman, before I commit a crime.
    You tried so hard to kill me, woman it just was not my time.

"You put poison in my coffee, instead of milk or cream.
    You put poison in my coffee, instead of milk or cream.
    You're the meanest woman, that I ever seen.

"You mixed my drinks, with a can of Red Devil lye.
    You mixed my drinks, with a can of Red Devil lye.
    Then you sit back and watch me, hopin that I would die."

-- Howlin' Wolf

(Really, more of a toe tapper than you might think)

Old Room/Dorm

Went to Duke-Wake game Saturday. Great getting back! Shot pic of my old room in house G for my old freshman roommate (1959). (Outside shot, of course). Lots of things have changed but not the view around there.
    Boy, is this picture gonna turn loose some memories in Charlie!! ....

Not to take this thread off-off topic, but what's with the horse on the front page? Is there a Duke connection I am missing?