Page 405 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3053553954034044054064074154555059051405 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Absolutely it works. And it is a Quadrophonic machine. You haven't lived until you've heard Shaft in Quad, with the music spinning around the room from the four speakers! Problem is with the tapes. The silver tape that holds the continuous loop together (and tells the head to change tracks) does not hold anymore, so when the loop gets to the silver tape it comes apart, which makes quite a mess of tape in the machine and usually ruins the cartridge, so I've stopped actually using it. But the machine still works.
    My neighbor and good buddy collects analog equipment, 8-tracks, reel-to-reels, etc. Aside from the reels, you just can't get that sound from anything other than 8-tracks. Our favorite is anything by Gary Puckett & the Union Gap Band.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Huh?
    The Who's Eminence Front.

At these sorts of honors shows, they sure do get some strange combinations. I half expect Beck to do a Who cover.

On a VH1 show, I once saw Gretchen Wilson & Alice in Chains do Heart's Barracuda. Surprisingly, GW did a great job with it.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I don't want to send us to one of the other boards, but I'm sure that someone is having a field day on our poor 3 pt shooting today.

Never recall hearing Eminence Front...but then there is a lot of stuff by the Boss that I don't know and I am a much bigger fan of him than The Who.

Smile

I don't want to send us to one of the other boards, but I'm sure that someone is having a field day on our poor 3 pt shooting today.

Never recall hearing Eminence Front...but then there is a lot of stuff by the Boss that I don't know and I am a much bigger fan of him than The Who.
    Through the miracle of youtube.

youtube? What's that? haha...yeah, I just need to go looking for stuff.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    In the world of coincidence. Made a joke to my brother on the phone about an eminence front on Monday. Thought, "Now there's a song I haven't heard in a long time." Heard it on the radio driving home from work yesterday. Now this. It's the week of Eminence Front for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It's the week of Eminence Front for me.
    Eminence front? It's a put on.

(Way to find a clip from the King Dome, lavabe!)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Eminence front? It's a put on.

(Way to find a clip from the King Dome, lavabe!)
    Confession: For the longest time, I never knew the lyrics to the song.

I think we're supposed to get an eminence front Friday midday.

Yes, I can just now hear Beck redo-ing this song.

It is definitely a put on...

M

M

Smile

M

Personally, I miss Q. Lessons we learned from Quantum of Solace... bring back Q and Moneypenny.

Saw The Who play live in the fall of '69 as a freshman at Denison University. They played at the indoor track field house which was basically a huge metal trash can cut in half and laid on its side. They played the entire Tommy album. Best part was it was free as part of a once a semester day off called by a secret group of students called the wingless angels. Nobody knew when the day was until it happended and there was always some type of free big rock band concert. First time for a live concert for me. First time for a lot of things that night. Great memory!

Quote Originally Posted by dukeforester View Post
    First time for a lot of things that night. Great memory!
    OK, now we have to hear more! It's 40 years (2009-1969, less a few months), time to fess up! The statute of limitations has expired!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

M = mille or one thousand years in Latin. That was my 1,000th post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Catching up after a few days finalizing Christmas preparations and spending time with family in town. They are out of town today and will be back tomorrow for the rest of the week. We have been having fun with Guitar Hero World Tour Band or something like that - vocals, drums, and guitar. It is pretty humorous to see some of us trying this but the kids are pretty good.

Congratulations on the house, Tilly. Look forward to seeing pictures.

I have nothing to add to the pastrami discussion - I'm not sure I have ever had any pastrami.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday and safe travels.
    I played a bit of Guitar Hero as well. Fun with other games made me buy myself a Wii. A friend tells me that Wii Music has handbells. I'll have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I've posted pictures of the house I'm buying in a photo album in my profile here on DBR.

I have my home inspection and termite (or rather wood eating insect) inspection this Wednesday morning. Keeping my fingers crossed both inspections go well.
    Congrats on the house, Tilly! Vibes on the inspections.

Happy New Year to all! May the thread continue to live long and prosper!

Black-eyed peas, anyone?

Almost time to hit the road...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    OK, now we have to hear more! It's 40 years (2009-1969, less a few months), time to fess up! The statute of limitations has expired!
    Well Oz, I was introduced to Mary Jane, moonshine, and what a real loud rock & roll band was all about. Must say that they all went together very well. One of my top ten nights.

Heading out to the Rose Bowl... Fight On!

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    What dog house? Or are you seeing my shed at the end of the property?

I would like to get a rescued greyhound. But, that is a very long way off.
    Will the greyhound chase your cats?