Page 2446 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 14461946234623962436244424452446244724482456249625462946 ... LastLast
Results 48,901 to 48,920 of 67390
    It's supposed to wintry mix all day here on Sunday, and I'm already drooling lustily about the things I'm going to do in the kitchen all day.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It's supposed to wintry mix all day here on Sunday, and I'm already drooling lustily about the things I'm going to do in the kitchen all day.
    Oh yeah. Chicken parmesan, braised chicken and potatoes. Vegetable beef stew.

Russia did not classify beer as an alcoholic beverage until 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh yeah. Chicken parmesan, braised chicken and potatoes. Vegetable beef stew.
    Nice. It's gonna be boeuf bourgignon at our house.

Nice. It's gonna be boeuf bourgignon at our house.
    Would you share the recipe please? I will share my best dish which is my red beans and rice recipe

Red Beans and Rice

1 pound dry Red kidney Beans
    3 bay leaves
    7 cups water
    1 pound kielbasa sausage (sliced)
    1 ham hock
    1 celery stalks (diced)
    1 large yellow onion (chopped)
    1 red bell pepper (chopped)
    4 cloves garlic (minced)
    1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
    3 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Creole Seasoning, plus more to taste
    1 bunch green onions (diced)
    several dashes hot sauce, to each bowl
    8 cups cooked rice (to serve)

In an extra-large stockpot, add red kidney beans. Fill water to top then place in fridge. Let beans soak at least 10-12 hours. I soak them overnight.

Drain water from beans. Stir occasionally.

In a large stockpot, add diced celery, green pepper, garlic and diced onions. Brown over medium heat in oil (until onions are translucent), stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add beans, bay leaves, parsley and 7 cups water. Bring to boil.

Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, about 8-12 hours, stirring occasionally. Beans should thicken in the pot. You may need to add a little water the longer you cook.

With 30 minutes remaining, slice the sausage and brown in a separate pan (you can skip browing and) add to pot. Add more or less Creole Seasoning according to taste preference. Continue to cook until the beans are tender and creamy. TIP: The texture should not be soupy or watery. If it is, simply keep cooking until the mixture is very thick and almost paste-like.

Remove from the heat. Remove bay leaves. Use a potato masher to crush most of the beans. Pro tip: consistency should be almost like a gravy and not soupy at all.

Serve with cooked rice. Spoon beans into a dish. Add chopped green onions. Add several dashes of hot sauce (I like Cholula, but any hot sauce works). Serve with rice in the same bowl.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 6-12 hours

Total Time: all freaking day but not a lot of prep time

Yield Servings: a bunch

Would you share the recipe please? I will share my best dish which is my red beans and rice recipe
    Can of red beans
    Packet of Rice
    Microwave and mix

Voilą!
    (and you're welcome)
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Red Beans and Rice

1 pound dry Red kidney Beans
    3 bay leaves
    7 cups water
    1 pound kielbasa sausage (sliced)
    1 ham hock
    1 celery stalks (diced)
    1 large yellow onion (chopped)
    1 red bell pepper (chopped)
    4 cloves garlic (minced)
    1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
    3 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Creole Seasoning, plus more to taste
    1 bunch green onions (diced)
    several dashes hot sauce, to each bowl
    8 cups cooked rice (to serve)

In an extra-large stockpot, add red kidney beans. Fill water to top then place in fridge. Let beans soak at least 10-12 hours. I soak them overnight.

Drain water from beans. Stir occasionally.

In a large stockpot, add diced celery, green pepper, garlic and diced onions. Brown over medium heat in oil (until onions are translucent), stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add beans, bay leaves, parsley and 7 cups water. Bring to boil.

Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, about 8-12 hours, stirring occasionally. Beans should thicken in the pot. You may need to add a little water the longer you cook.

With 30 minutes remaining, slice the sausage and brown in a separate pan (you can skip browing and) add to pot. Add more or less Creole Seasoning according to taste preference. Continue to cook until the beans are tender and creamy. TIP: The texture should not be soupy or watery. If it is, simply keep cooking until the mixture is very thick and almost paste-like.

Remove from the heat. Remove bay leaves. Use a potato masher to crush most of the beans. Pro tip: consistency should be almost like a gravy and not soupy at all.

Serve with cooked rice. Spoon beans into a dish. Add chopped green onions. Add several dashes of hot sauce (I like Cholula, but any hot sauce works). Serve with rice in the same bowl.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 6-12 hours

Total Time: all freaking day but not a lot of prep time

Yield Servings: a bunch
    Yum. Substitute andouille for the kielbasa and Tony's Chachere for the Slap Ya Mama, and I'm coming over the next time you make this.

Just Julia Child's recipe basically, except that I'm gonna streamline things a little bit by skipping the simmering of the bacon, not swapping back and forth between oven and stovetop, and not cooking the pearl onions separately (in my food, cook the hell out of the onions, or don't put them in there at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can of red beans
    Packet of Rice
    Microwave and mix

Voilą!
    (and you're welcome)
    Isn't it walla?

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Yum. Substitute andouille for the kielbasa and Tony's Chachere for the Slap Ya Mama, and I'm coming over the next time you make this.
    This originally started out with those two substitutes. I think slap your mama is better and I've liked kielbasa more than andouille. But those are fine substitutions. This recipe is years worth of tinkering. When I first started making this I put the sausage in early and the sausage loses its sausage consistency. The key is to mash the beans up so that it isn't soupy, but has almost a gravy consistency. I use a potato masher. The actual masher and not the German grenade from World War II.

Just Julia Child's recipe basically, except that I'm gonna streamline things a little bit by skipping the simmering of the bacon, not swapping back and forth between oven and stovetop, and not cooking the pearl onions separately (in my food, cook the hell out of the onions, or don't put them in there at all).
    Got it. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can of red beans
    Packet of Rice
    Microwave and mix

Voilą!
    (and you're welcome)
    Isn't it walla?
    I don't think Rich was in on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I don't think Rich was in on that one.
    I'm aware.

Mop under the refrigerator?

Isn't it walla?
    Walla Walla, Washington?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Walla Walla, Washington?
    Aimo had someone use "walla" for "voila" with her once and I can't see the word without thinking about it. I also saw an email recently where someone used "sheikh" for "chic".

Aimo had someone use "walla" for "voila" with her once and I can't see the word without thinking about it. I also saw an email recently where someone used "sheikh" for "chic".
    "chick" is even worse...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    "chick" is even worse...
    It's all bad.

This originally started out with those two substitutes. I think slap your mama is better and I've liked kielbasa more than andouille. But those are fine substitutions. This recipe is years worth of tinkering. When I first started making this I put the sausage in early and the sausage loses its sausage consistency. The key is to mash the beans up so that it isn't soupy, but has almost a gravy consistency. I use a potato masher. The actual masher and not the German grenade from World War II.
    If you found one of those, it would probably work on the beans. Containment might be an issue, but I'd watch from a safe distance.