Page 252 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1522022422502512522532542623023527521252 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 67652
    Oh and I can definitely can undo a bra with two fingers under a tight t-shirt.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I believe we are allowed to discuss it, but complaints about it and petitions about it are out of line as previously discussed and contemplated with his prior ban.
    Then perhaps we should take a different tactic. Perhaps we can write a song entitled The Emancipation of Earljam? Or maybe we should hold a fundraising telethon or something?

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    But just like any real pub - you want a place where you celebrate the regulars while welcoming the newcomers. If all the regulars are standing in front of the door (thread spam) then noone else can get in and they will leave instead of waiting - which hurts business and the creation of more regulars.
    And now that one of the pubs most entertaining regulars is gone, it also hurts the overall atmosphere of the pub. No one was as entertaining as EJ, NO ONE. I came to the boards during some of my lowest moments to find something he'd written knowing it would cheer me up. Mind you, I also come here for just about any other reason as I enjoy the camaraderie we have created. But today, the quality and camaraderie of the board is diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Then perhaps we should take a different tactic. Perhaps we can write a song entitled The Emancipation of Earljam? Or maybe we should hold a fundraising telethon or something?
    A song might be entertaining but I doubt it would accomplish much except amuse us for a while. A fund raiser/telethon would definitely be out of the question as EJ is probably suffering no loss of income while he is in the box and I don't think we could raise enough $ to bribe any of the mods to release him.

But just like any real pub - you want a place where you celebrate the regulars while welcoming the newcomers. If all the regulars are standing in front of the door (thread spam) then noone else can get in and they will leave instead of waiting - which hurts business and the creation of more regulars.
    He wasn't exactly blocking the door as newer posters were still able to contribute to threads or start their own. The activities of one poster do not impede the activities of any other posters.

Now the trick to the bras is understanding the clasp. It's really just a spring loaded thing and the trick is making it POP. Once you realize that it's just two-three 'hooks' on the same number of clasps - it's real easy to POP them all the same direction.

Yes - it does amaze women b/c most (like Tilly) rarely put any thought into it and most men don't take the time to actually UNDRESS their women - which is a whole other subject unto itself.

I normally feel like James Bond when I do it and I get that "wow - you're talented and experienced" look from a female. But it's really SO simple once you understand the mechanics behind it.

Women normally have to put their hands behind their backs and it makes it more difficult for them but for another person it's child's play b/c there is very little awkard arm positioning for the undoer (just made that word up)...

To elaborate, there are one, two, three, and four hook bras and the number of hooks is a good indication of how big the package is you're unveiling.

They can be in the front but it is rare. Front loaded hooks are typically for smaller women and evening wear/dresses of some type.

Man - I actually could go on but I'll stop here. It would be all to easy to go into the material types (wire vs. plastic) and things of that nature.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Just to clarify for everyone, EJ's current ban is NOT permanent. He is up to 10 infraction points, so his posting privileges are suspended for a week. I told EJ in the PM about the infractions that I would raise the question with my fellow mods about whether or not we should make it permanent. We have had the discussion regarding EJ before, and always let him come back. Repeatedly breaking the same rules that we remind him about does NOT help his case... So far, the discussion is leaning towards letting the suspension run its course but not extending it.

EJ's major boo-boo this time was thread spamming - creating a bunch of trivial threads - 8 in all - in a short amount of time.

Here in the LTE, you guys have a lot of freedom to wander about from trivial topic to trivial topic. Since it's all gathered into one thread, it's easy for uninterested readers to skip it and see what else is available to discuss. But the OTB is not a chat room for the exclusive use of EarlJam, the Atlanta Mafia, and associated posters, and thread spamming allows the inanity contained in this thread to pollute the rest of the board. Yes, some of it is fun in a random sort of way, but a board full of it is tiresome. To continue the "friendly pub" analogy, having a single poster or a small group of posters that initiate a bunch of relatively meritless threads would be like a single table that gets so noisy that it's tough to have a conversation anywhere in the bar. By keeping the "noise" in one thread, it's like you guys have a private room.

So please do not follow EarlJam's example. A thread or two of random thoughts or a poll every so often is fine, but eight in less than two hours is clearly over the line. EarlJam's unique sense of humor can be an asset to this board, but too much of it (or of anyone else's) can drown out the voices of others.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A song might be entertaining but I doubt it would accomplish much except amuse us for a while.
    Amusing us for a while was definitely the point.

A fund raiser/telethon would definitely be out of the question as EJ is probably suffering no loss of income while he is in the box and I don't think we could raise enough $ to bribe any of the mods to release him.
    I certainly wasn't thinking of bailing him out/bribing him out with whatever money we raised. I figured we could put it to a joint lottery ticket purchase along the same lines as Earljam's recent thread. Or we could split it evenly and use it to buy booze.

So "EJ" is gone, perhaps permanently. For those true believers in the Earl of Jam, I do not think he will be away forever but shall return soon.

He wasn't exactly blocking the door as newer posters were still able to contribute to threads or start their own. The activities of one poster do not impede the activities of any other posters.
    Not so. The average new poster will likely make one post about hmmm I don't know, "Orange Juice - fresh or frozen", and that will be their only post.

Then a 'regular' comes and thread bombs the front page with 10 posts and the OJ post is no longer visible on the front page - pretty much killing it.

The new poster only gets 2 or 3 replies in the meanwhile and the terrible response may prevent them from future posts...

The New poster then quits the DBR and runs a slander campaign. The Crazies boycott the DBR. The DBR goes out of it business. Without the DBR, the team tanks b/c of the absence of all the good karma that we create...

Therefore we have to be kind to the boards and add value for all.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Just to clarify for everyone, EJ's current ban is NOT permanent. He is up to 10 infraction points, so his posting privileges are suspended for a week. I told EJ in the PM about the infractions that I would raise the question with my fellow mods about whether or not we should make it permanent. We have had the discussion regarding EJ before, and always let him come back. Repeatedly breaking the same rules that we remind him about does NOT help his case... So far, the discussion is leaning towards letting the suspension run its course but not extending it.

EJ's major boo-boo this time was thread spamming - creating a bunch of trivial threads - 8 in all - in a short amount of time.

Here in the LTE, you guys have a lot of freedom to wander about from trivial topic to trivial topic. Since it's all gathered into one thread, it's easy for uninterested readers to skip it and see what else is available to discuss. But the OTB is not a chat room for the exclusive use of EarlJam, the Atlanta Mafia, and associated posters, and thread spamming allows the inanity contained in this thread to pollute the rest of the board. Yes, some of it is fun in a random sort of way, but a board full of it is tiresome. To continue the "friendly pub" analogy, having a single poster or a small group of posters that initiate a bunch of relatively meritless threads would be like a single table that gets so noisy that it's tough to have a conversation anywhere in the bar. By keeping the "noise" in one thread, it's like you guys have a private room.

So please do not follow EarlJam's example. A thread or two of random thoughts or a poll every so often is fine, but eight in less than two hours is clearly over the line. EarlJam's unique sense of humor can be an asset to this board, but too much of it (or of anyone else's) can drown out the voices of others.
    Thank you JB for (finally) clearing things up.

In reviewing the decorum thread on the Elizabeth King board, "needless posting" incurs one infraction which expires after 14 days. Has EJ surpassed this rule and a new one created just for him, or are the same rules noted on the thread mentioned still in tact?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I stole y'all's avatar for the hopefully brief period that EJ is in jail. I wonder what kind of polls Jammy comes up with in jail. Dropped soap has already been covered.

Amusing us for a while was definitely the point.

I certainly wasn't thinking of bailing him out/bribing him out with whatever money we raised. I figured we could put it to a joint lottery ticket purchase along the same lines as Earljam's recent thread. Or we could split it evenly and use it to buy booze.
    1. I did realize the amusing part.
    2. I added the emoticons also realizing your humorous intentions. Perhaps I should have just written "tongue planted firmly in cheek" re: the bribery idea or fund-raising for the JamMaster (or perhaps now, the SpamMaster).

Not so. The average new poster will likely make one post about hmmm I don't know, "Orange Juice - fresh or frozen", and that will be their only post.

Then a 'regular' comes and thread bombs the front page with 10 posts and the OJ post is no longer visible on the front page - pretty much killing it.

The new poster only gets 2 or 3 replies in the meanwhile and the terrible response may prevent them from future posts...

The New poster then quits the DBR and runs a slander campaign. The Crazies boycott the DBR. The DBR goes out of it business. Without the DBR, the team tanks b/c of the absence of all the good karma that we create...

Therefore we have to be kind to the boards and add value for all.
    Wow, that's really inflating the perceived value we place on our role here.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Thank you JB for (finally) clearing things up.

In reviewing the decorum thread on the Elizabeth King board, "needless posting" incurs one infraction which expires after 14 days. Has EJ surpassed this rule and a new one created just for him, or are the same rules noted on the thread mentioned still in tact?
    The same rules are intact. EJ was hit with 4 infractions for "needless posting" and 1 for "inappropriate content". He had 5 points already on his record, so the 5 new points took him to 10 total and got him suspended for a week.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

BTW, we are now less than 5 posts away from being > bb.

Wow, I think you explained that quite well. Clears it right up for me.
    Thank you!

The same rules are intact. EJ was hit with 4 infractions for "needless posting" and 1 for "inappropriate content". He had 5 points already on his record, so the 5 new points took him to 10 total and got him suspended for a week.
    Thank you for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Thank you for clarifying!
    I agree.

Two posts away now...