Page 1018 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1851891896810081016101710181019102010281068111815182018 ... LastLast
Results 20,341 to 20,360 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I saw the inside of this today.
    Attachment 7885
    And, yes, I sang the song in my head.
    Have not had bologna since Gerald Ford was in the White House. Yet that jingle is the ultimate ear worm.

It's such a great song! We sometimes use it as our Cornhole team song.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I always thought cornhole was a Midwestern thing, not a beach thing.
    Well, Ymo, next time you're near Sandbridge Beach, baby...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

In other news, I meticulously cleaned the fridge today.

My husband thinks I need an intervention for the cleaning thing.

You world travelers are pretty lame. I’ve been kicked out of more places than most of y’all have even been.

So, in the same vein as The Gift Of the Magi, I'm giving husband-of-weezie a whole house humidifier attached to the furnace and I hope he's giving me a new thermostat for Christmas.

It's pretty romantic, I'll admit. Instead of selling my hair, don't you think?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    So, in the same vein as The Gift Of the Magi, I'm giving husband-of-weezie a whole house humidifier attached to the furnace and I hope he's giving me a new thermostat for Christmas.

I told my kids to pool their money and buy me a bath towel - the big kind - in a color they wouldn't be inclined to use.

Makes me teary-eyed BD...

Very good news from the neurosurgeon today at my wife's appointment. Should crosspost to Mmmm Beer!

Durham Cell Coverage

For an out of towner --- if I send my kid down there for school ... are there any cell providers that just plain stink down in Durham? I'm pretty sure he will be in Wi-Fi on campus about 99% of the time. Just asking just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Very good news from the neurosurgeon today at my wife's appointment. Should crosspost to Mmmm Beer!
    Yeah for good news!

That's great MtDev! Here's to Mrs. MtDev and to you!

Nice!

Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I told my kids to pool their money and buy me a bath towel - the big kind - in a color they wouldn't be inclined to use.
    You really want a Carolina blue towel?

Gross...

You really want a Carolina blue towel?

Gross...
    They know better than that! Hot pink.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

hmm - my wife's hair is about two feet shorter than when I met her 40-some years ago (then down to her waist) - so I am not sure that is a big sacrifice

But I approve of a warm and non-over-dry house.
    Do you have a working fireplace - which can affect all of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock-of-Truth View Post
    For an out of towner --- if I send my kid down there for school ... are there any cell providers that just plain stink down in Durham? I'm pretty sure he will be in Wi-Fi on campus about 99% of the time. Just asking just in case.
    Interesting query, cell phones were not a big thing when I was in Durham('89-'93).

Given that it used to be a BellSouth town, I would think they are the safest bet(AT&T).

Interesting query, cell phones were not a big thing when I was in Durham('89-'93).

Given that it used to be a BellSouth town, I would think they are the safest bet(AT&T).
    Remember pay phones?

Remember pay phones?
    Those were the days...