Page 2312 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 131218122212226223022310231123122313231423222362241228123312 ... LastLast
Results 46,221 to 46,240 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Frozen nose hairs at -25 or -30 is quite a feeling...I've witnessed -43 twice, it really is something different. Top feats include walking five miles with faithful dog at -14, and grilling lamb chops at -13.
    Those aren't real temperatures. Liar.

Frozen nose hairs at -25 or -30 is quite a feeling...I've witnessed -43 twice, it really is something different. Top feats include walking five miles with faithful dog at -14, and grilling lamb chops at -13.
    What’s the coldest you’ve ever peed outside?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Numerous times at -35 or so...I used to live in a house (decades ago when the winters were much, much colder) that housed an official U. S. Weather Bureau substation...temps became something of a fixation.

Peeing poses no problem, but don't even think of getting your tongue on something metal, or it'll stick to it like gorilla glue.

I generally do not bring a thermometer. So the only times I know what the temperature is are when I pee outside the bank.

Numerous times at -35 or so...I used to live in a house (decades ago when the winters were much, much colder) that housed an official U. S. Weather Bureau substation...temps became something of a fixation.

Peeing poses no problem, but don't even think of getting your tongue on something metal, or it'll stick to it like gorilla glue.
    Stuck? Stuck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I generally do not bring a thermometer. So the only times I know what the temperature is are when I pee outside the bank.
    Hah hah. Can’t spork.

I found during my Vermont stint that the nose hairs froze at about -2. Maybe it's a question of humidity or something.

If I stepped outside and breathed in through my nose and they didn't freeze, I knew it was (comparatively) warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I found during my Vermont stint that the nose hairs froze at about -2. Maybe it's a question of humidity or something.

If I stepped outside and breathed in through my nose and they didn't freeze, I knew it was (comparatively) warm.
    It's getting down to the 40s tonight; I'm excited. 40s and 50s is my perfect open window sleeping weather. The rest of my household disagrees.

It's getting down to the 40s tonight; I'm excited. 40s and 50s is my perfect open window sleeping weather. The rest of my household disagrees.
    30s here in WNC.

30s here in WNC.
    Nice. Peak foliage yet?

Nice. Peak foliage yet?
    Nope. Not yet. It is always quite variable. We got a ton of rain last week. And lots of wind today. Might screw up the leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    People seem really mad today.
    Vandy pulled the same crap today that Duke did last week. The college football aspect of my life stinks. Maybe I should work on a PhD somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Vandy pulled the same crap today that Duke did last week. The college football aspect of my life stinks. Maybe I should work on a PhD somewhere...
    I passively track Duke football and watch a ton of good teams. Usually I pick one of them to kind of follow. I have always done this. Very seldom the same team every year. Now my daughter is at Alabama, so it's them. Before that I never pulled for them. But this is sooooooooo much healthier. I live and die with Duke basketball, my brother's high school team and Braves baseball (definitely 3rd fiddle but significant). College and NFL football are a smidge problematic for me anyway, so I sort of enjoy just watching as a passive fan. Seems healthy.

I hear Tuscaloosa is nice.

Visited a Vandy fan site(mostly alums). They are apoplectic.

Visited a Vandy fan site(mostly alums). They are apoplectic.
    They want to run Cutcliffe out of town, too?

Well, that was the capper to a crappy sports day.

Well, that was the capper to a crappy sports day.
    Are you anti Sox or anti Bravos?

Are you anti Sox or anti Bravos?
    Pro-Dodgers. I'm anti-Astros. They cheated. Lukewarm to cold on the Sox. Enjoyed going to games in '07-'09 whe I lived there, but see my comment about Astros. They hired a cheater.

I don't think that Duke is the kind of place that should push folks out in the middle of the season. That seems like an emotional reaction and I don't support that. Immediate termination should be reserved for Troublemakers.