Page 839 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 33973978982983783883984084184988993913391839 ... LastLast
Results 16,761 to 16,780 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Although my favorite version of that was in Benny Goodman's 1938 Carnegie Hall Concert with Harry James, Count Basie, Teddy Wilson, Gene Krupa, Lionel Hampton, Cootie Williams, and Bobby Hackett. No video, unfortunately.
    I've listened to that one a few dozen times, too. The 8 minute studio/CD version may be my favorite. I listed Sing, Sing, Sing as one of my all time top 10 songs in that thread a while back. Never get tired of it, whether it's the 3 minute version to which we've danced quite a number of times, the 5 minute frenetic one I posted or the last 2 we discussed.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Benny Goodman play CIS when we were at Duke. I think Fall 1974
    I believe that is the correct semester and I think I may have been an usher for Major Attractions for that show.

What about the spring of'74, for the Gregg Allman Show?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I've listened to that one a few dozen times, too. The 8 minute studio/CD version may be my favorite. I listed Sing, Sing, Sing as one of my all time top 10 songs in that thread a while back. Never get tired of it, whether it's the 3 minute version to which we've danced quite a number of times, the 5 minute frenetic one I posted or the last 2 we discussed.
    Have you seen the great version of it choreographed by Bob Fosse? Truly awesome.

The network morning show Halloween festivities are more frantic and desperate this year. Nutso even.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    The network morning show Halloween festivities are more frantic and desperate this year. Nutso even.
    And, they appear to have continued to ACC official replay booths at certain venues!

I'm just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    And, they appear to have continued to ACC official replay booths at certain venues!

I'm just sayin'...
    Good lord, Charlie Rose as Frankenstein on Colbert Show...it was ooky-making. Geebus, I thought Charlie was rather above that kind of stunt.

Never watched much of the old Colbert show but it seems apparent that the new Late Night Show is kind of stinking up the place? Any experts have opinions?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

Never watched much of the old Colbert show but it seems apparent that the new Late Night Show is kind of stinking up the place? Any experts have opinions?
    Maybe he should try conducting the show from connection to a suspension wire, as he once did at The Colbert Report.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Not as much fun on an iPad.

How did it get to be November already?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    How did it get to be November already?
    Lucky, I guess. You may hav missed part of October as you were watching the diamod closely.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Lucky, I guess. You may hav missed part of October as you were watching the diamod closely.
    Close but the correct answer was "because October is over". But watching the diamond closely most likely played a big roll in why Oct went by so quickly.

Close but the correct answer was "because October is over". But watching the diamond closely most likely played a big roll in why Oct went by so quickly.
    Actually, the correct answer is because my birthday is around the corner.

It is so windy in Kansas this afternoon that I expect to see the Wicked Witch of the West riding her bicycle past my office window.

It is so windy in Kansas this afternoon that I expect to see the Wicked Witch of the West riding her bicycle past my office window.
    Dirst time I've been called that, but I was pedaling around this afternoon. On a stationary bike.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Dirst time I've been called that, but I was pedaling around this afternoon. On a stationary bike.
    There's no place like home...

My typos have hit an all time high.

Someone just decided to dial my code at the entry gate (it calls my cell phone) because they forgot their clicker to get in, and wanted me to buzz them in. I was like, I don't know you so I can't let you in & I hung up. I may have been a bit abrupt, but sorry, security first.

Is that witchy of me?

Watch, now someone else will let them in and they'll trash the outside of my unit. Grrrreat, now my mind is going a mile a minute with all the possibilities.

I've done similar things. Security systems are only effective if they are utilized/enforced.