Page 872 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 37277282286287087187287387488292297213721872 ... LastLast
Results 17,421 to 17,440 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    When you put it that way, it sounds pessimistic...
    It sounded much more optimistic in my head.

Sigh, all those early morning posts in that other thread. Don't they realize they are better off posting to the LTE and going back for a nap?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sigh, all those early morning posts in that other thread. Don't they realize they are better off posting to the LTE and going back for a nap?
    It's not a competition, every thread runs its own race.

The question is, will posters go beyond an eight-thread posting rotation?

Not a competition until the LTE is not the LTE...and then not a competition, just potentially false marketing.

FWIW, the stream of 1st day of XX grade has turned into a deluge.

I should post a picture of the pickup truck loaded with barn attic crap. Barn attic...just imagine that.

My husband is a lunatic.

Good luck first day Ymo!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It's not a competition, every thread runs its own race.

The question is, will posters go beyond an eight-thread posting rotation?
    Where, here or there? I didn't get into this rotation here until the ramparts were threatened. I refuse to let this majestical Ship of Nonsense go down without a fight. OTOH, it's fairly ridiculous over there too, but with serious underpinnings.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Where, here or there? I didn't get into this rotation here until the ramparts were threatened. I refuse to let this majestical Ship of Nonsense go down without a fight. OTOH, it's fairly ridiculous over there too, but with serious underpinnings.
    Weezie is calling for a tightening of the rotation. Play your best threads. Those holding out hope for an expanded role due to the early-season brilliance of the "Top Grossing Movies of Summer, 2016" will be sorely disappointed.

Well, there's an underlying security blanket in that the "other" thread is carrying an expiration date.

Well, there's an underlying security blanket in that the "other" thread is carrying an expiration date.
    Yup. The litigation must end by early January.

Promise???!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yup. The litigation must end by early January.
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Promise???!
    In all jurisdictions?

In all jurisdictions?
    Well, no guaranties for American Samoa or Guam. Lower 48, though, I'd give it 5-1 odds.

Up early...fensection fell down and my neighbor's dog paid me a visit. I like her(the dog) but have no idea how she would interact with my cats.

Up early...fensection fell down and my neighbor's dog paid me a visit. I like her(the dog) but have no idea how she would interact with my cats.
    Better a fensection than defenestration!

Wow! Talk about memories. 1964 freshman year first semester. Doc Holliday ' s History I class. The Defenestration of Prague. One of the very few things I remember from classes at Duke.😯

ricks

My wife's best friend was in a band called "Defenestration" when she lived in Hong Kong. Great word.

Thank you - I learned two new words today.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thank you - I learned two new words today.
    What was the other?

What was the other?
    fenestration was a natural word to look up after determining the meaning of defenstration. I did not try looking up fensection - assumed it was shorthand for fence section.

I feel smarter just reading this thread. Love the respectful discourse and general smarty pants tone all in one!