Page 2293 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 129317932193224322832291229222932294229523032343239327933293 ... LastLast
Results 45,841 to 45,860 of 67392
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think they should make work shirts for men that button underneath the crotch like a baby's onesie so we don't have to worry about the creep up and re-tuck.
    So many responses to choose from, I'm gonna go with TMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    So many responses to choose from, I'm gonna go with TMI.
    Eureka! It already exists!

F33BEA4B-8775-4DA0-9BA8-64630B92A682.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Eureka! It already exists!

F33BEA4B-8775-4DA0-9BA8-64630B92A682.jpg
    Wow. I bet this was a CEM for this model. Career Ending Move.

I found this amazing Beer Garden in Hamilton, Ontario last night. They had live bluegrass and a food truck. Just an amazing experience. They ended with Rocky Top and Fox on the Run. Fox on the Run is my all-time favorite Bluegrass song.

I know. They will never, ever admit that one of the reasons their healthcare costs are kept low is because the US picks up a lot of the slack. We've had this discussion before so I know already that you don't agree with me and I am not trying to convince you otherwise. I will, however, mention again, that all the Canadians who qualify for proton beam radiation treatment are sent elsewhere to receive it, most of them to the US where the US system (and the US taxpayers) have built 13 such facilities. Canada has never built such a facility. They are very expensive to build. Their healthcare costs would be higher if they spent the money to build one. It is much cheaper to pay for the service built by another country. So, yeah, I agree, why would Canadians trade with us? I would however, be interested to know their answers if the US stopped accepting Canadian patients for treatments unavailable to them in Canada.
    I just think you're missing the forest for the trees. Yes, we have 10x the population of Canada, so there is no doubt at all that we have a lot more specialized medical care that can't be found in Beaver Land. Having said that, I think that's an overall VERY small portion of their healthcare output...I suspect I know a lot more Canadians than you do, and I don't know a single one who would trade their system for ours. Not one. People don't have fear of going bankrupt if they have a serious issue there, while we do. The U.S. healthcare behemoth has done a nice job of demonizing single payer systems, for that I can say they've been successful.

p.s. and places like Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto are hardly bumpkinville...they have a lot more advanced stuff there than you imply.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Wow. I bet this was a CEM for this model. Career Ending Move.
    Nope, I'm still doing it. And my Turkish cotton burp cloths for men are gangbusters!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Nope, I'm still doing it. And my Turkish cotton burp cloths for men are gangbusters!
    I like the cut of your jib, sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I just think you're missing the forest for the trees. Yes, we have 10x the population of Canada, so there is no doubt at all that we have a lot more specialized medical care that can't be found in Beaver Land. Having said that, I think that's an overall VERY small portion of their healthcare output...I suspect I know a lot more Canadians than you do, and I don't know a single one who would trade their system for ours. Not one. People don't have fear of going bankrupt if they have a serious issue there, while we do. The U.S. healthcare behemoth has done a nice job of demonizing single payer systems, for that I can say they've been successful.

p.s. and places like Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto are hardly bumpkinville...they have a lot more advanced stuff there than you imply.
    I have said I will agree to disagree. What I worry about is the future more than the present. Healthcare systems like Canada's require that the people support raising taxes to pay for other people's healthcare. Even Canadians don't do that. There is a lot that needs fixing with the US healthcare system. Canada's system is not the answer for the US. I completely believe that you both know more Canadians and that none of them would trade their healthcare system for ours. I, however, am an American that would not trade our healthcare system for theirs. I will continue to fight (and vote) for better access to healthcare and to fix what needs fixing in our system, but, what bugs me about all the praise for Canada's healthcare system the most, is the attitude that it's perfect. It most decidedly is not. The racial disparities in their system are as bad if not worse than the racial disparities in ours. Also, for the small minority of Canadians who would benefit from expensive, high tech and/or cutting edge treatment they are less likely to get it in the Canadian system and they are way, way, way, way, way less likely to get it if they are non-white.

OK, I'm going to stop ragging on Canadians. Sorry for turning this into something resembling the plague thread.

Back to bad puns.
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 09-27-2021 at 11:49 AM.

I have said I will agree to disagree. What I worry about is the future more than the present. Healthcare systems like Canada require that the people support raising taxes to pay for other people's healthcare. Even Canadians don't do that. There is a lot that needs fixing with the US healthcare system. Canada's system is not the answer for the US. I completely believe that you both know more Canadians and that none of them would trade their healthcare system for ours. I, however, am an American that would not trade our healthcare system for theirs. I will continue to fight (and vote) for better access to healthcare and to fix what needs fixing in our system, but, what bugs me about all the praise for Canada's healthcare system the most, is the attitude that it's perfect. It most decidedly is not. The racial disparities in their system are as bad if not worse than the racial disparities in ours. Also, for the small minority of Canadians who would benefit from expensive, high tech and/or cutting edge treatment they are less likely to get it in the Canadian system and they are way, way, way, way, way less likely to get it if they are non-white.
    Well, you ARE putting words in my mouth. I never said their system was perfect, BD, and I'm curious if you can show me one single example of someone who has said that. Of course it's not.
    Most of us on this board are not in the economic sector of the population where an illness is apt to bankrupt us, but it IS a concern for a lot of Americans.
    Furthermore, few countries base health insurance on employer provided coverage as we do, which is a real hindrance for people who want or need to change jobs but can't for fear of losing coverage.
    Anyway, we will agree to disagree...

Well, you ARE putting words in my mouth. I never said their system was perfect, BD, and I'm curious if you can show me one single example of someone who has said that. Of course it's not.
    Most of us on this board are not in the economic sector of the population where an illness is apt to bankrupt us, but it IS a concern for a lot of Americans.
    Furthermore, few countries base health insurance on employer provided coverage as we do, which is a real hindrance for people who want or need to change jobs but can't for fear of losing coverage.
    Anyway, we will agree to disagree...
    I didn't say you did! I am sorry if it came across that way! I know some Canadians who say that and I know some Americans who are dissatisfied with our system who point to Canada as an example of a perfect system. I'm not satisfied with our system. I still don't want Canada's.

We need to make affordable health insurance available to everyone regardless of employment status. No one should go bankrupt because of medical expenses. There should be a public option. It should not be the only option. That's my stance on healthcare.

^ agreed!

^ agreed!
    Whew.

I do not want to fight with you. And even though I promised not to rag on Canadians anymore, I've been thinking. I suspect that our opinions have been greatly influenced by the Canadians that we either know or have come in contact with. Some of the most sexist comments I've ever heard have come from Canadians. I've also heard racist stuff from Canadians, although not the most racist. I have friends, a same sex married couple, where one of the pair is a Canadian citizen. They decided to move to Canada together after the 2016 election. They are still here because of all the Canadian bureaucracy red tape and ultimately, what they felt was prejudicial treatment (their words, not mine). They scrapped their plans and decided Massachusetts wasn't so bad after all even if the US as a whole can feel scary. So, anecdotal evidence has affected my opinion, perhaps unfairly, but it's hard not to let personal experiences influence your opinions.

That said, I did spend a magical summer in Montreal when I was a student at Duke and would go back to Montreal anytime. I honeymooned in Nova Scotia and would go back there anytime.

In the end though, I think we can blame all this on Clemmons. He started it with his "Canadians are better" schtick. (I think that's the best way to end all disagreements, blame it on Clemmons.)

) (I think that's the best way to end all disagreements, blame it on Clemmons.)
    Yeah! He should just STAY in Canada!

If y'all don't stop arguing about Canada, then I'm moving to Canada, I tell ya!

I never figured the canucks to be the stone that redirected the flow of the LTE but here we are!

Like watching two bull moose squaring off during the rut.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes! Great post!

Whew.

I think we can blame all this on Clemmons. He started it with his "Canadians are better" schtick. (I think that's the best way to end all disagreements, blame it on Clemmons.)
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yeah! He should just STAY in Canada!
    Settle down Tickle. Settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Settle down Tickle. Settle down.
    Do not go there!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Do not go there!
    I'm sorry. I lashed out.