Page 1292 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 2927921192124212821290129112921293129413021342139217922292 ... LastLast
Results 25,821 to 25,840 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Should have burned down my brush pile a lot of brush ago. If I go for it now, might singe the goats next door.
    One of my brothers had a large brush pile.

Well, until they kept finding baby copperheads around the yard. Then the brush pile wound up in the fire pit over the course of a few weeks.

Might be a good time of year to burn the pile!

-jk

Hand down, man down???

Should have burned down my brush pile a lot of brush ago. If I go for it now, might singe the goats next door.
    Your local municipal waste services doesn’t have pickup for that stuff? Seems like using that green matter in mulching and composting operations is a better option than burning it?

Not available out here in the boonies. Husband-of-weezie gets very excited when it's time to ignite the burn pile. Maybe twice a year but it's a big deal to him. He rides around the pile on his tractor pushing it all in as it deflates. Usually an all-nighter type thing.

We have to alert the fire department when we're scheduling a burn but we're seven miles out of town. Country living.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I may have overdone the hot peppers and sauce in this phó. Good morning!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Phó no!!!!

Aaaargh. A wet, gray day, taxes half done, headache, mean-spirited and tomorrow Lent begins with a farewell to alcohol and the desire to do something productive and beneficial towards others.

It's not looking too cheery in this casa. Feeling a good grumble and mutter coming on.

Puns may be met with a very cold, hard stare.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Your local municipal waste services doesn’t have pickup for that stuff? Seems like using that green matter in mulching and composting operations is a better option than burning it?
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Not available out here in the boonies. Husband-of-weezie gets very excited when it's time to ignite the burn pile. Maybe twice a year but it's a big deal to him. He rides around the pile on his tractor pushing it all in as it deflates. Usually an all-nighter type thing.

We have to alert the fire department when we're scheduling a burn but we're seven miles out of town. Country living.
    I'm "neighbors with an Amish farm" rural. Our trash pick-up service does have designated weeks for certain yard waste but my lot produces a lot more than they can handle. While I'm not at tractor levels like the weezies, I can produce some pretty large piles. I'll have chipper services come out for the big dead trees that I can't drop myself and we compost all our leafy matter and garden stuff (And kitchen/paper scraps) but sometimes ya just got burn a pile. My lot has enough trees and heavy brush on it that I've thought about investing in my own chipper but my wife is uncomfortable with the number of times I've seen Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That's sacrilege over on the Ymmm, Spicy thread! I like a nice spicy breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Phó no!!!!
    Phó home.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Aaaargh. A wet, gray day, taxes half done, headache, mean-spirited and tomorrow Lent begins with a farewell to alcohol and the desire to do something productive and beneficial towards others.

It's not looking too cheery in this casa. Feeling a good grumble and mutter coming on.

Puns may be met with a very cold, hard stare.
    I gave up alcohol 30 days ago to lose weight, and plan to carry that through Lent. So that will be 77 days.

But that wine with Easter supper is gonna be from the back of my little collection! I've got a few old beauties that just need to be savored.

That's sacrilege over on the Ymmm, Spicy thread! I like a nice spicy breakfast.
    Same here, and that thread has re-inspired me along those lines.

Finally broke down and ordered two from Heatonist.com -- their Los Calientes (rojo), and the Hot Thai Green from Seed Ranch (if you watch "Hot Ones," these are #5 and #6 respectively this season). Should be here this week, I am jacked. Will post reviews/results on that thread when able.

Look for me tonight 4 rows behind the Wake bench.

I'll be wearing either this shirt https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS...106&design=106 or a purple button-up if I do not have time to stop at home and change.

My mom will be wearing a Duke shirt and blue devil horns. We should be easy to spot out, given our seat loaction

I'm "neighbors with an Amish farm" rural. Our trash pick-up service does have designated weeks for certain yard waste but my lot produces a lot more than they can handle. While I'm not at tractor levels like the weezies, I can produce some pretty large piles. I'll have chipper services come out for the big dead trees that I can't drop myself and we compost all our leafy matter and garden stuff (And kitchen/paper scraps) but sometimes ya just got burn a pile. My lot has enough trees and heavy brush on it that I've thought about investing in my own chipper but my wife is uncomfortable with the number of times I've seen Fargo.
    Chippers have a bad name in our family ever since my brother-in-law bought one at the Rotary auction after not bidding/buying the KU bball tickets he was supposed to bid on for my sister. Tickets were sold before he even placed a bid. Chipper was donated back the next year and friends of theirs bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Chippers have a bad name in our family ever since my brother-in-law bought one at the Rotary auction after not bidding/buying the KU bball tickets he was supposed to bid on for my sister. Tickets were sold before he even placed a bid. Chipper was donated back the next year and friends of theirs bought it.
    Is he now your ex brother in law? Because that sounds like some modern day Hatfield and McCoys starter material right there.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Back from the Alumni Women's Weekend (spent an extra couple of days with my parents). One highlight of the weekend was Sue Gordon's talk, overall an enjoyable time and I'm seriously considering making it a habit. They only do it every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Had to turn down two free tickets to the game at Wake tomorrow...4 rows behind the Wake bench.

Roast me.
    Well, you DID miss your chance to be the Wake Forest equivalent of that Presbyterian Guy Roy had thrown out of the Cheater Dome!

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the change of heart. Go for it.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

I'll be wearing either this shirt https://shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS...106&design=106 or a purple button-up if I do not have time to stop at home and change.

My mom will be wearing a Duke shirt and blue devil horns. We should be easy to spot out, given our seat loaction
    Good looking shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Back from the Alumni Women's Weekend (spent an extra couple of days with my parents). One highlight of the weekend was Sue Gordon's talk, overall an enjoyable time and I'm seriously considering making it a habit. They only do it every other year.
    Well, she hasn't been up to much.

What'd she have to say?

We’ll be on the lookout!