Page 1004 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 45049049549941002100310041005100610141054110415042004 ... LastLast
Results 20,061 to 20,080 of 67397
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Maybe we could only have one LTE? That other thread was just an LTE in disguise.
    I started the killer rabbit thread because we had a thread on venomous snakes, a thread on bears, and a thread on alligators. I thought we were missing the real looming threat.

Okay, I just thought folks might get a chuckle by seeing that headline too when juxtaposed against the others.

I also figured it would drop to the second page quickly — its a silly thread. The locking of it is kinda baffling though because it is quintessential off-topic quirk. Maybe in fifty years when they unseal the file, we will know.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Maybe in fifty years when they unseal the file, we will know.
    Maybe we'll know, but will we really know?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Maybe we'll know, but will we really know?
    Expect an Oliver Stone movie in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . .

ll.

Two spaces after a period.

Oxford comma.

Always.
    And forever.

That's rockin' it old school, the way I was taught by Sister Camilla Mary (grade school) and Brother Michael (high school).

OPK as always is zspork-worthy, but someone else will need to do the deed this time around.
    "Quality is not an option!"

And I almost forgot an upthread post: the TP roll goes OVER.

On those occasions where a friend or neighbor offers their generous hospitality, and if I happen to use the facilities and see the TP configured incorrectly, I will take a moment to rectify (hee!) the problem so that the next patron will have a positive feng shui experience. This is one of the small but powerful ways that I try to leave the planet in better shape than I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I sent out a reminder to my employees about the time change only to be reminded that everyone just uses their phones, which will automatically change time.

Oh how times change.
    I see what you did there!

I started the killer rabbit thread because we had a thread on venomous snakes, a thread on bears, and a thread on alligators. I thought we were missing the real looming threat.

Okay, I just thought folks might get a chuckle by seeing that headline too when juxtaposed against the others.

I also figured it would drop to the second page quickly — its a silly thread. The locking of it is kinda baffling though because it is quintessential off-topic quirk. Maybe in fifty years when they unseal the file, we will know.
    When she was youngster, Mrs. Turk had a "pet" rabbit that was evidently mean, smelly, and aggressive toward her and her siblings. Perhaps that experience explains why she tolerates being married to me...

I have a serious addiction to home renovation/flipping shows. I know they are mostly fake and heavily subsidized but I can't stop watching if one rolls by on the teevee. It's sad.

There, that feels better.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    When she was youngster, Mrs. Turk had a "pet" rabbit that was evidently mean, smelly, and aggressive toward her and her siblings. Perhaps that experience explains why she tolerates being married to me...
    As long as you don’t spew droppings randomly around the house, you’ve got a leg up on the lapin.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I think a bunny kind of went berserk?
    Or maybe a pancake stunned a bunny.
    In case you have never seen the pancake bunny

pancake bunny.jpg

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I have a serious addiction to home renovation/flipping shows. I know they are mostly fake and heavily subsidized but I can't stop watching if one rolls by on the teevee. It's sad.

There, that feels better.
    I wouldn't call myself addicted, but I watch several of them. Rehab Addict is my favorite. I have also learned that I basically hate "open concept". I want my dining room to be a room, not an area. And I don't want to see my kids all the time. That's what walls are for!!

Tonight I caught a little bit of one called Restoring Salem (as in Witch City). I suspect I will be a regular viewer. Then next summer when we make one of our summertime treks to the North Shore for fried clams, I'll make my husband drive around looking for the houses that have been on the show.

Did I ever remember to tell this thread that last summer's Emoji Movie was way better than it had any right to be? I laughed out loud, several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did I ever remember to tell this thread that last summer's Emoji Movie was way better than it had any right to be? I laughed out loud, several times.
    If only there was a way to express that in pictagraph form, instead of through higher forms of lengthier written expression.

...I have also learned that I basically hate "open concept". I want my dining room to be a room, not an area. And I don't want to see my kids all the time. That's what walls are for!!
    Could not agree more. I'm not a big fan of constantly being ready to entertain "family and friends" either. That's what caller ID and window blinds are for. Nobody's home!

Tonight I caught a little bit of one called Restoring Salem (as in Witch City)...

Oooo, I'm intrigued. Sounds like you are a DIY channel swell; I'm too cheap to pay the extra cable money for that.

I am also very 'over' barn doors. Lame!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I'm the opposite. I grew up in a home that had far too many rooms and doors. I prefer the open design.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    What can we do to brighten your day? If you want to head to Kansas, I will treat you to some of our local breweries. I'm not much of a beer drinker so you will have a built in designated driver.
    Sounds like a plan. I'm off for 9 days after today

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Sounds like a plan. I'm off for 9 days after today
    I'll await your arrival. If you don't mind dinner with strangers, I'll be preparing a birthday dinner on Sunday evening - it will include "A Heart Attack on a Plate" (aka carrot cake) with homemade vanilla ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I'm the opposite. I grew up in a home that had far too many rooms and doors. I prefer the open design.
    Different strokes make the world go 'round, right? Something like that.