Page 2074 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 107415741974202420642072207320742075207620842124217425743074 ... LastLast
Results 41,461 to 41,480 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes but in Scottish. So, angrier.
    Even angrier if they said it in German:

Have you ever been told you might have some bacterial buildup in your eyes and to consider lid cleansing wipes?

Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Have you ever been told you might have some bacterial buildup in your eyes and to consider lid cleansing wipes?

Asking for a friend...
    No. But I have given an antibacterial eye ointment treatment to babies on hundreds of occasions in the delivery room. It's one of many weird skill sets I possess. None of which have practical implications mind you.

Who schedules an early meeting the morning after a holiday weekend?

Asking for a friend...
    No. I’ve had 3 surgeries on my left eye though and once had a regimen of 28 drops per day.

Who schedules an early meeting the morning after a holiday weekend?
    Bad people who hate themselves and the people they work with. Everyone knows the first half of today is about staring dumbly at all the work you do t want to do and wondering what life as a hermit might be like.

This is gospel.

Have you ever had to issue a mea culpa? How should one go about doing so?

I've never been wrong so can't really advise.

Asking for another friend.

The interminable last week has begun. It was a particular punch in the gut to drive past the neighborhood pool on the way in this morning and momentarily wonder what all the commotion was about, only to then realize that everybody else is celebrating today's official beginning of their summer vacation.

Today's tasks consist of the ongoing completion of year-end evaluations, the last stanza of The Land Before Time, and the first half or so of Kiki's Delivery Service.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The interminable last week has begun. It was a particular punch in the gut to drive past the neighborhood pool on the way in this morning and momentarily wonder what all the commotion was about, only to then realize that everybody else is celebrating today's official beginning of their summer vacation.

Today's tasks consist of the ongoing completion of year-end evaluations, the last stanza of The Land Before Time, and the first half or so of Kiki's Delivery Service.
    School movie days were the best.

Have you ever had to issue a mea culpa? How should one go about doing so?

I've never been wrong so can't really advise.

Asking for another friend.
    All the time. All. The. Time. I am wrong on so many occasions on our patient care hotline that I tell people up front that I may very well be wrong and my failure will be readily apparent to them in how the patient responds. I tell them to call me back if things don't go the way I think they will. When I worked in the hospital I was our educator and I had all kinds of ideas about how to fix sick babies. There was a subset of co-workers who liked that about me and would embrace my input. There was another subset of co-workers who hated my stinking guts and wondered why people came to me. Those folks would relish the times when I was incorrect so I learned early to own my failures and to shut up about my successes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    The Fonz was sweet on Linda Purl...

...that's all I got.
    I thought he was into Pinky Tuscadero?

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I thought he was into Pinky Tuscadero?
    I was more a Leather guy.

It’s a nice day again. Monitoring email counts as work, I believe.

You get paid by the email? I’d be wealthy…

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    You get paid by the email? I’d be wealthy…

-jk
    Well, it’s not by the DBR post.

Even though some of them are money!

I believe you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    All the time. All. The. Time. I am wrong on so many occasions on our patient care hotline that I tell people up front that I may very well be wrong and my failure will be readily apparent to them in how the patient responds. I tell them to call me back if things don't go the way I think they will. When I worked in the hospital I was our educator and I had all kinds of ideas about how to fix sick babies. There was a subset of co-workers who liked that about me and would embrace my input. There was another subset of co-workers who hated my stinking guts and wondered why people came to me. Those folks would relish the times when I was incorrect so I learned early to own my failures and to shut up about my successes.
    Bad people who hate themselves and the people they work with. Everyone knows the first half of today is about staring dumbly at all the work you do t want to do and wondering what life as a hermit might be like.

This is gospel.
    Well, here goes. My accusations were incorrect. This morning's early meeting had been moved to Wednesday. But my phone hadn't updated the meeting times. So, the despotic overloads appointed over me by the large soulless organization that employs me were not in fact complicit in creating a rocky start to the week. Their poorly selected tools for interactivity and connectedness were in fact at fault.

How was that????

Well, here goes. My accusations were incorrect. This morning's early meeting had been moved to Wednesday. But my phone hadn't updated the meeting times. So, the despotic overloads appointed over me by the large soulless organization that employs me were not in fact complicit in creating a rocky start to the week. Their poorly selected tools for interactivity and connectedness were in fact at fault.

How was that????
    So you opted for the non-apology apology. It's a bold move. Let's see if it pays off.

My wife is really good at this. She is frequently sorry that someone's feelings got hurt. Now the onus is still on the person with the feelings who were hurt. But she does find it to be lamentable.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So you opted for the non-apology apology. It's a bold move. Let's see if it pays off.
    As noted earlier, it was the first time ever that I've been incorrect. Since I plan on it never happening ever again, I figured I would lead with my strongest card.