Page 1953 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 95314531853190319431951195219531954195519632003205324532953 ... LastLast
Results 39,041 to 39,060 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    It was only 40 in the disputed Northwest North Carolina region this morning. Also who knew that Northwest North Carolina would be the Kashmir of North Carolina?
    36 degrees in (probably undisputed) western North Carolina. Brrr. Dogwood Winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    ...go on
    Your heart will?

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    36 degrees in (probably undisputed) western North Carolina. Brrr. Dogwood Winter?
    Western NC is like the rap group Onyx, heavyweight and still undisputed.

Western NC is like the rap group Onyx, heavyweight and still undisputed.
    Are we talking about Western NC, “Western” NC or Western NC?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Or (taps nose) WESTERN North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Or (taps nose) WESTERN North Carolina.
    Hmmm. I’m not implying western North Carolina does cocaine here but I can see how that might be viewed as the case.

Hmmm. I’m not implying western North Carolina does cocaine here but I can see how that might be viewed as the case.
    Oh it definitely does.

somebody was doing something when they drew NC's boundaries...

I'm only on this thread because it seems like the likeliest place to talk about my twin loves of gangster rap and poetry. I don't get to drop as many poetry references as you would think when I speak to doctors but I get to drop more rap lyrics than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    somebody was doing something when they drew NC's boundaries...
    Just remember there was no effective Western boundary to North Carolina as originally conceived and the theoretical border hit the Pacific Ocean. And they knew this body of water existed but not where or how to get there.

Moose don’t need hunting licenses, they’re ornery enough. If they could hunt, they’d definitely just be the type of hunter that sat around in the woods drinking molson’s all day until it go bored and drunk and started shooting anything that moved.

I have been chased down a trail by a moose. A**holes.
    A sorority sister worked in Yellowstone one summer. She told a story about being followed by a moose - there may have been some level of a lack of clothing involved. She said they typically have more moose attacks than bear attacks each year. Guess they relocated to Vermont?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    A sorority sister worked in Yellowstone one summer. She told a story about being followed by a moose - there may have been some level of a lack of clothing involved. She said they typically have more moose attacks than bear attacks each year. Guess they relocated to Vermont?
    years ago my wife and I went on a tour(our own private tour, no one else involved), the exclusive point of which was to see moose in the wild. We went in fall rutting season, when the moose get randy...we spotted a huge bull moose a safe distance away, he was snorting and carrying on, and only then did we see, emerging from behind a hill which was MUCH closer to us, snorting bull moose number two...we bolted out of there.

One of the main issues with moose is that their eyesight is crappy, so when they're rutting, they don't know or care that you're a human, you're just more competition. A famous moose researcher from Quebec met her demise in just such a fashion.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Now bundaberg thinks you're talking dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Now bundaberg thinks you're talking dirty.
    (Taps nose).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    years ago my wife and I went on a tour(our own private tour, no one else involved), the exclusive point of which was to see moose in the wild. We went in fall rutting season, when the moose get randy...we spotted a huge bull moose a safe distance away, he was snorting and carrying on, and only then did we see, emerging from behind a hill which was MUCH closer to us, snorting bull moose number two...we bolted out of there.

One of the main issues with moose is that their eyesight is crappy, so when they're rutting, they don't know or care that you're a human, you're just more competition. A famous moose researcher from Quebec met her demise in just such a fashion.
    Okay, they may have bad eyesight but I stand by my theory that moose are also a**h****.

my twin loves of gangster rap and poetry.
    You left out Jay Bilas. He will be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You left out Jay Bilas. He will be very disappointed.
    He’s a gangster poet so covered.

He’s a gangster poet so covered.
    At least someone gets it.

But he’s not a gangsta poet.

But he’s not a gangsta poet.
    My mom isn't a gangsta, nor a poet. She did always have this saying she would recite whenever I inadvertently made a phrase rhyme.

Something like: "You're a poet, but didn't know it. But your feet show it. They're Longfellows".

My mom is kooky. In a good way.