Page 124 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 24741141221231241251261341742246241124 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 67392
    I'm about where I expected to be... but surprised Wilson's right behind me. Where's he been lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    So, my question du jour, are there any good, cheap, organic wines? Like a table wine, something you drink everyday and don't go broke.
    Good question! (Why organic only, just a personal preference?) I'd hazard a guess that Trader Joe's would be a good place to start looking, that or your local, friendly wine shop (though helping you "not go broke" might not be on their agenda.)

Is it just me, or are the DBR pages slow to load tonight? I click a link, get a blank black background, wait 10-20 sec., and finally, the rest of the page comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Is it just me, or are the DBR pages slow to load tonight? I click a link, get a blank black background, wait 10-20 sec., and finally, the rest of the page comes up.
    I'm not seeing anything like that. It's probably a Vista issue.

I'm hilarious.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    gives me a great opportunity to widen the gap significantly, unless you take your laptop or can spend countless hours in an internet cafe...
    Oh I'm definitely taking my laptop as I use it for research. And they have really cheap wireless where I am staying. But, being in London, the absolute last thing I want to be doing with my time is spending it here. Now, if I find a pub with a decent patio and wireless access that'll be a different story (maybe I'll be able to liveblog the happenings in Covent Garden for all of you).

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm not seeing anything like that. It's probably a Vista issue.

I'm hilarious.
    I was going to blame the Google ads.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Oh I'm definitely taking my laptop as I use it for research. And they have really cheap wireless where I am staying. But, being in London, the absolute last thing I want to be doing with my time is spending it here. Now, if I find a pub with a decent patio and wireless access that'll be a different story (maybe I'll be able to liveblog the happenings in Covent Garden for all of you).
    Oh, I'm SOOO envious of you and your summer in London. Can I come crash with you?? Hope you have a fabulous time.

Oh, I'm SOOO envious of you and your summer in London. Can I come crash with you??
    Sure. You buy the beer and I'll provide the place to crash. In fact, anyone from the DBR community is welcome to join me.

Hope you have a fabulous time.
    Thanks, so do I. From what I've heard the weather has been great lately so I hope the rain doesn't follow me from here.

For the first few days I'll be staying with a cousin in Gourock Scotland (pictured below...her house looks out over the water...my apologies for it not being the clearest photo ever taken).

After that I'll head down to Ayr Scotland where I lived as a kid (pictured below) to visit family.

This has links (on the left) to some decent panoramic views of Ayr.

Then I head down to London Towne (although there will be trips up home to Scotland thrown in every couple of weeks).

I was going to make some witty comparison between the Boston area and jolly ole England, but they escape me at the moment. My grandmother was a full MacPherson...when I was younger I always wondered if that would be some angle to meet Elle.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did anyone else notice that if you click on the number of replies on the board it shows in a separate window who has posted and how many time?
    Yeah!!! I'm ahead of devildeac in something.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hey colchar, bring me back some yarn?

Good question! (Why organic only, just a personal preference?) I'd hazard a guess that Trader Joe's would be a good place to start looking, that or your local, friendly wine shop (though helping you "not go broke" might not be on their agenda.)
    I'm on an organic food kick lately. And the organic wines generally have fewer sulfites. Some of the organic wines even have a no sulfites added (NSA) line of wines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Oh cool. I'm in second place. That seems fitting. What amazes me is that Ozzie's only been here once, somehow I thought he'd been around here more than that.
    I made the top 10! If I post furiously, the 9th spot is within reach.

Going back, like, a week to the critter problems faced by the DBR community, y'all would appreciate this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/05/ga...l?pagewanted=1

My favorite quotes from it are the guy who ate the woodchucks that plagued him because he felt bad about killing them, and the following quote from a homeowner with a carpenter bee problem: “You can’t sit outside — the carpenter bees come over to see what you’re eating,” he says. “They don’t land on you, it’s not like menacing, it’s like having small children that aren’t yours. You just want them gone. There’s no other way to do it, and I feel very badly about it. I don’t know why they keep coming back. You’d think they’d talk to each other about what happened last year.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hey colchar, bring me back some yarn?
    Yarn? I admit to being able to sew (by hand, not by machine) but I suspect I'd make a mistake of some sort and get you the wrong stuff. If you really need some from there though let me know and I'll see what I can do as I doubt it would add anything to the wieght of my luggage.

Smile No need to blame the ads here

I was going to blame the Google ads.
    I was having issues as well, but I'll blame it on IExplorer.

And billybreen ... I do NOT use Vista (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Oh, you will!

And when you want a copy, don't come beggin' to me.
    Last edited by DevilAlumna; 06-05-2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Ooh, Danny Ferry -- I'm done posting for the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

For some inexplicable reason I'm my DBR pages are bigger than the screen today. I have to scroll to the right to see the right edge. Usually, it fits on the screen. I've tried playing with the size of the window, but to no avail. And I'm not even using Vista on this machine, it's Windows XP Professional.

At home I have Vista on the host machine and it's causing lots of printer connectivity problems with the other machines on the home network. Maybe I should cross over to the MAC side.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    For the first few days I'll be staying with a cousin in Gourock Scotland
    I am so jealous of you. I used to live in Dunoon when I was a kid. I hope you have a great time.

Lte

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Yeah!!! I'm ahead of devildeac in something.
    Yea, and if I can keep you back there you will have the sweet aromas of bocks, double bocks, IPAs, wheat beers and some other summer favorites