Page 2308 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 130818082208225822982306230723082309231023182358240828083308 ... LastLast
Results 46,141 to 46,160 of 67371
    Exercised for first time since new baby was born in August. It was not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    500 pushups?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    500 pushups?
    Hah. No, I started back with some jogging. There’s a nice preserve near our house that has lots of paved and dirt trails and some solid hills. I could feel the last two months on me. Ugh…

…but then I played some rec league hoops and in game dunked. So that made me feel better.

Hah. No, I started back with some jogging. There’s a nice preserve near our house that has lots of paved and dirt trails and some solid hills. I could feel the last two months on me. Ugh…

…but then I played some rec league hoops and in game dunked. So that made me feel better.
    Did you roll around in the grass afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did you roll around in the grass afterwards?
    Nothing better.

Such a great callback.

Such a great callback.
    Thank you. I pride myself on listening (or in this case reading) to other people's personal stories and bringing up random details from them in conversation at a much later date, often to rib my partner in bander.

In some circles, I am considered a legendary conversationalist. Those circles are mostly full of squares.

Thank you. I pride myself on listening (or in this case reading) to other people's personal stories and bringing up random details from them in conversation at a much later date, often to rib my partner in bander.

In some circles, I am considered a legendary conversationalist.
    Does that make you a cunning linguist?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Support this

Oh, PK, you old rascal.

Argh, does that make you a cunning linguist, Matey?
    FIFY
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Driving to Nashville to speak at Vanderbilt. A young me would have definitely assumed I would be speaking about either fishing, BBQ, or basketball.

I’m that stupid level of I haven’t worked out in months sore in my quads and calves. Getting older. Sigh.

Lots of core work carrying around kids at least.

Driving to Nashville to speak at Vanderbilt. A young me would have definitely assumed I would be speaking about either fishing, BBQ, or basketball.
    Hopefully not as you type…we’d like you to get there to talk about your job blowing up babies like balloons (or something).

Hopefully not as you type…we’d like you to get there to talk about your job blowing up babies like balloons (or something).
    Interesting perspective. I basically talk about when to blow them up and when to deflate them. Generally they need to be deflated, not inflated.

Interesting perspective. I basically talk about when to blow them up and when to deflate them. Generally they need to be deflated, not inflated.
    Why is that?

Why is that?
    Because most people aren't as good as they need to be at safely delivering ventilation and oxygenation to these kids. People have a tendency to treat the symptoms of lung damage rather than preventing lung damage. Most clinicians think they understand gas delivery better than they do. Babies below 26 weeks or so are so incredibly fragile that damaging them is very easy. People are so used to seeing lung damage that they think avoiding it is impossible. It's not. But I am Don Quixote charging against windmills when I talk about this.

foliage tour, dog playdate, crabcakes and cupcakes, that's it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    foliage tour, dog playdate, crabcakes and cupcakes, that's it for me.
    In full swing in VT? Just on the front end of fall colors down here.

Awaiting the arrival of Pamela. Hurricane Pamela.