Page 1485 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4859851385143514751483148414851486148714951535158519852485 ... LastLast
Results 29,681 to 29,700 of 67394
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    In Vermont? Wow.
    happens once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Have you tasted it?
    Not yet. It will be with tonight's dinner - after a bike ride.

Sigh, time to vacuum and sweep.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Thunder! Is it August? Yes. Is it 5:30pm? Close enough. Feels like I'm in NC!!

True story - I started the LTE as a distraction from the impending first anniversary of my son's Diagnosis Day. He was still getting his first round chemo and I was approaching the anniversary with a feeling of helplessness and dread. I took two big actions to distract myself. One was this thread. The other was deciding to have a holiday party but I didn't feel like cooking all that much, I did, however, feel like I could handle some baking and the Winter Solstice Dessert Open House was born. We've had an open house party that focused on dessert every winter solstice (or thereabouts) since 2007.

Last month, we got the good news that I've already posted, so, if we had to go down, at least it happened after Arrow's latest MRI.

And I'm thinking unless a miracle occurs, the dessert party is in danger. December is a ways away, but, I'm not seeing much cause for optimism.

True story - I started the LTE as a distraction from the impending first anniversary of my son's Diagnosis Day. He was still getting his first round chemo and I was approaching the anniversary with a feeling of helplessness and dread. I took two big actions to distract myself. One was this thread. The other was deciding to have a holiday party but I didn't feel like cooking all that much, I did, however, feel like I could handle some baking and the Winter Solstice Dessert Open House was born. We've had an open house party that focused on dessert every winter solstice (or thereabouts) since 2007.

Last month, we got the good news that I've already posted, so, if we had to go down, at least it happened after Arrow's latest MRI.

And I'm thinking unless a miracle occurs, the dessert party is in danger. December is a ways away, but, I'm not seeing much cause for optimism.
    Prayers for your son's health and to continued good news. I probably missed your update when first posted, but very thankful to hear it now.

If the open house party can't happen that invitation remains open to share that cookie recipe and a very fun virtual pub in December with some of the kindest souls on DBR via Zoom.

Yeah, too cold in December to hold it outside.

I just heard thunder here. It would be nice if we got some rain to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I just heard thunder here. It would be nice if we got some rain to go with it.
    Some rain, hope it continues for a bit.

I have always admired the purpose you put into the LTE and am glad to hear of the recent good news.

This thread has been, and will continue to be, a source of joy for me.

And I do agree with rj99 — hopefully we can all have a real, or at least virtual, cocktail hour together. (I‘ve been known to sip wine or a liquor drink instead of beer).

Peace and love to all. Go Duke. Screw Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Prayers for your son's health and to continued good news. I probably missed your update when first posted, but very thankful to hear it now.

If the open house party can't happen that invitation remains open to share that cookie recipe and a very fun virtual pub in December with some of the kindest souls on DBR via Zoom.
    After his latest MRI (procedure on July 7, met with his MD for the good new on July 10), he has been declared officially done with treatment and we get to drop down to only once a year MRIs. Tumor has been stable for 3 years now. It was a milestone.

After his latest MRI (procedure on July 7, met with his MD for the good new on July 10), he has been declared officially done with treatment and we get to drop down to only once a year MRIs. Tumor has been stable for 3 years now. It was a milestone.
    Awesome! That is some much deserved good news and cause for celebration.

Oh man - it is pouring right now! Coming down in sheets!

Jelle's Marble League competition on youtube. Addictive.

Oh man - it is pouring right now! Coming down in sheets!
    We got a nice little bit of rain, but I miss the days when I lived further north and we’d get a nice steady rain for an hour or two.

They've held 11 (out of 16) events so far.

You can start with the Opening Ceremonies and Event 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPFVLLxhEI4

Great news! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It’s . . . okay. During these trying times, I am working on developing a greater acceptance of the vast panoply of different tastes and choices my fellow human makes; to not concern myself with the petty differences between people; to search for common ground of understanding and not division; and OH HELL SMOOTH PEANUT BUTTER IS THE SPAWN OF SATAN CAST OUT TO BRING RUINATION AND PESTILENCE UPON THE LANDS OF THE EARTH and boy I still need to work on the whole “acceptance of difference” thing.
    Just to lower your blood pressure, I occasionally crunch up my own salted peanuts and add it to my smooth peanut butter. As a kid I would add Karo syrup and eat it out of a bowl. I have even been known to crunch up some salted cashews to add.

DO YOU FEEL A LITTLE BETTER NOW?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Just to lower your blood pressure, I occasionally crunch up my own salted peanuts and add it to my smooth peanut butter. As a kid I would add Karo syrup and eat it out of a bowl. I have even been known to crunch up some salted cashews to add.

DO YOU FEEL A LITTLE BETTER NOW?!?
    Salted peanuts raise my blood pressure. Because of sodium, not anger.

That sounds pretty tasty!

So, I got a check out of the blue from the Treasury Department..