Page 1355 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 3558551255130513451353135413551356135713651405145518552355 ... LastLast
Results 27,081 to 27,100 of 67373
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm trying to convince myself that a 20-something unmasked male who just has to move around me and is right next to me for under 2 seconds really isn't that big of a threat. I did take my 2 sons that are home with me because I thought they would help me move things along faster. When it came to the self check-out, yes, they did. But I probably should have made them stay in the car then texted them when I got in line. They were complaining that me waiting 6 feet behind other customers taking 5 minutes to pick out what kind of water to buy was pointless when nobody else was doing it. Won't be going mid-day again during the shutdowns. Won't be going to this store again. Will probably go back to more frequent trips but much shorter time in the store. Now I've got to wait out the next week. I have managed to convince myself that I won't be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have serious symptoms if I get it. It's an irrational zero sum game going on in my head. Three of my four children have had to be admitted for overnight stays in the hospital during their childhoods (1, 3, 4), three of my four children have significant/serious health conditions (1, 2, 4). Three of my four children had issues during birth that would have made at home births very risky and it is unlikely that number 3 would have survived a home birth - luckily I believed in giving birth in a hospital. (Because of the big scare number 3 gave us, number 4 was a scheduled C-section. Glad I only had to have one of those and glad it was the last one.) The hubby has a significant health problem (but not one that makes him at higher risk for Covid complications, thank goodness) - I figure my family has played the health problems version of Russian Roulette one too many times and I'll suffer the consequences if I get sick. I tell people being the parent of a kid with a brain tumor makes you a bit crazy. My particular brand of crazy makes me run the Boston Marathon and figure I'll die if I get Covid 19.
    See articles linked above.

I've taken to watching Bob Ross episodes if I get too hot watching the news. Let's just say I'm dreaming in Cadmium Yellow, Prussian Blue, Van Dyke Brown, and Titanium White most nights.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I've taken to watching Bob Ross episodes if I get too hot watching the news. Let's just say I'm dreaming in Cadmium Yellow, Prussian Blue, Van Dyke Brown, and Titanium White most nights.
    “ooh, let’s add a happy little bunderberg over here.”

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And this one some relief that I was not alone in my thought processes:

https://www.pottsmerc.com/lifestyle/...ign=user-share
    Sad but true tales from a "boomer" - I don't know how to turn off my ad block (my kids installed it for me), so I can't read the second article!

Sad but true tales from a "boomer" - I don't know how to turn off my ad block (my kids installed it for me), so I can't read the second article!
    It talks about how each decision we make seems to take on new meaning which creates duress. And that many of us are feeling it. You are not alone in your crazy.

I've run out of interesting stuff to watch on TV. I guess I was more dependent on sports than I realized.

I’ve posted multiple Bob Ross pictures in this thread but I can’t watch more than an episode...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It talks about how each decision we make seems to take on new meaning which creates duress. And that many of us are feeling it. You are not alone in your crazy.
    Good to know. Thank you!

I’ve posted multiple Bob Ross pictures in this thread but I can’t watch more than an episode...
    Bob Ross, the anti-lays?

Bob Ross, the anti-lays?
    OK, I'm confused.
    Hmmm, it insists I still type something.

Hmmm, it insists I still type something.
    Maybe, it's Bob Ross: Highlander. There can be only one.

Bob Ross: Lays. Nobody can watch just one, except YmoBeThere, who can only watch one.

Or maybe he's all of us and it's Bob Ross: E Pluribus Unum. Out of many one. But that would make him some sort of human transformer.

Ahhh, I know so many taglines and falsely associate that just one with Pringles for some reason.

Ahhh, I know so many taglines and falsely associate that just one with Pringles for some reason.
    Ahhhh, Pringles: God's gift to ersatz potato chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Ahhhh, Pringles: God's gift to ersatz potato chips.
    I always viewed them as the OSB of potato products. You have to do something with the leftover scraps...

I always viewed them as the OSB of potato products. You have to do something with the leftover scraps...
    And you can't make duckbills with regular potato chips.

Either leftovers or Pringles maybe make good hog food?

Phthalo blue ftw.
    Why is "phthalo" still not acceptable in Scrabble?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Phthalo blue ftw.
    There are a whole host of car colors that word work well but many are conglomerations of standard words.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Phthalo blue ftw.
    Because it's an abbreviation or a prefix. Use "phthalocyanine" for the win.

It might take a little stragety to get it on the board. Easy to start with "halo" and "nine" or perhaps even "cyanine"...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Because it's an abbreviation or a prefix. Use "phthalocyanine" for the win.

It might take a little stragety to get it on the board. Easy to start with "halo" and "nine" or perhaps even "cyanine"...

-jk
    Should've known some DBR nerd would have a concise and accurate answer to my question.
    I love this place.