FSU-20+ Football Players Suspended

If they have to forfeit games, does Coach Roof/Duke get a few more wins? Might our ACC losing streak be over?!

In any event, I look forward to our corporeally making the conference losing streak a thing of the past, early in the '08 season!!!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can we get a link to a story please

link

Quote Originally Posted by Duke09 View Post
    can we get a link to a story please
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7579570

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post
    If they have to forfeit games, does Coach Roof/Duke get a few more wins? Might our ACC losing streak be over?!

In any event, I look forward to our corporeally making the conference losing streak a thing of the past, early in the '08 season!!!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    More importantly, it appears that the suspensions may extend through the first three games of next season, which as I understand it (from posts on the FSU board) would include the first two games against Division II opponents and...the FSU at Duke game. If Coach Cutcliffe can get the 2008 Blue Devils ready to play at the level he seems to think they're capable of reaching, it might just be a golden opportunity to end a couple of losing streaks.

I often wondered how Bobby kept those kids in school.

Even if it was free shoes university.

It would be nice to end a losing streak but when it is due to forfeit, it still didn't happen on the field. Perhaps Duke will get that chance next year.

I find it interesting to juxtapose FSU's actions in a cheating scandal to those of Univ of TN a few years ago. If anything this elevates my opinion of FSU. But in general it seems absurd that universities are allowed to investigate themselves and report their findings. Imagine if the US Justice Department worked that way. Wait, nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    More importantly, it appears that the suspensions may extend through the first three games of next season, which as I understand it (from posts on the FSU board) would include the first two games against Division II opponents and...the FSU at Duke game. If Coach Cutcliffe can get the 2008 Blue Devils ready to play at the level he seems to think they're capable of reaching, it might just be a golden opportunity to end a couple of losing streaks.

I think CC would prefer playing them when they are at full strength!

An academic cheating scandal could leave Florida State without as many as 25 players for its Music City Bowl game against Kentucky on New Year's Eve, coach Bobby Bowden said Tuesday.
    Now Wilson and his gf have something else in common - each benefits from FSU's ethical gaff.

Wonder if FSU is now regretting that 1-year extension for Bowden.

Don't play FSU

Stray,

Next year we don't play FSU. Well, not until we have to make that long trip cross-town to Raymond James for the Duke-FSU ACC title game...
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

I'm shocked, shocked that this could happen at pristine FSU

Character counts, academics do, too. Wait until Gary Williams loses 2+ scholarship for Maryland's dismal -- and probably deteriorating -- graduation rate next year. For those who argue (and I can understand their rationale, but I do not concur) that "technical losses" resulting from rules violations and suspensions are not "true losses", does this mean the Terps in '10 or '11, probably playing without a full scholarship roster, can claim that they really finished ahead of their actual ACC standing? I think not.

And the chorus to that song is "college is not a minor league system," repeat ad nauseum.

Smile FSU's Top Playmakers On Offense Not Suspended

Today's local link to the Tallahassee Democrat for more details:
    http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs...SU03/712190380

2 things this tells me;

1 - I really think Bobby needs to think about retiring
    2 - yet another reason I'm glad Joe didn't consider someone with a history of NCAA violations.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Stray,

Next year we don't play FSU. Well, not until we have to make that long trip cross-town to Raymond James for the Duke-FSU ACC title game...
    Thanks, Mike...I was, as they say, "misinformed." That'll teach me to rely on information from the FSU message board...