Most Embarrasing Non-Sport Moment

The Patterson clip of him munching on his nostril nuggets got me to thinking: In the television era, what are some of the most embarrasing non-sports-play-related moments athletes have had on the field of play (that were televised)?

Steve Lyon's pulling his pants down at first base comes to mind.

Any others?

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    The Patterson clip of him munching on his nostril nuggets got me to thinking: In the television era, what are some of the most embarrasing non-sports-play-related moments athletes have had on the field of play (that were televised)?

Steve Lyon's pulling his pants down at first base comes to mind.

Any others?

-EarlJam
    Does Namath wanting to kiss Suzy Kolber count?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    OH YES! Great one!

Just watched it again. I didn't realize just how loaded he was. He's shizzfarkled!

What's worse? His saying he wants to kiss the girl or saying, "I couldn't care less about the team struggling?"

Also, love the announcer saying, "Oh BOY is he happy!"

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    OH YES! Great one!

Just watched it again. I didn't realize just how loaded he was. He's shizzfarkled!

What's worse? His saying he wants to kiss the girl or saying, "I couldn't care less about the team struggling?"

Also, love the announcer saying, "Oh BOY is he happy!"

-EJ
    Yep, that's some serious vicarious embarrassment. On the plus side, it sounds like he hit rock bottom and turned it around.

I saw that on the teevee (Namath/Kolber) as it happened. For several minutes all I could think was, "He really didn't just say that, did he?"

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I saw that on the teevee (Namath/Kolber) as it happened. For several minutes all I could think was, "He really didn't just say that, did he?"
    Same. But my first thought was 'There but for the grace of God goes Marge herself.'

Actually, my first thought was that I wouldn't drink for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yep, that's some serious vicarious embarrassment. On the plus side, it sounds like he hit rock bottom and turned it around.
    As I was reading this, I honestly thought you were going to write, "On the plus side, he DID end up with her that night though."

-EarlJam

P.S. Who knows. Could have happened. Well, more than likely if it was a drunk ex-sex symbol female athlete coming on to a male announcer. I mean, admit it. There's Anna Kournikova, drunk, leaning into you, smiling, looking into your eyes, saying, "I want to kiss you." You know? Then again Anna is still very young. Joe Namath looks a little shriveled there.