Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I remember the days when you would watch ACC basketball and a hockey game would break out. Duke would have members of the football team sitting on the bench behind the basketball team for protection.
    ~rthomas

Reminds me of Blutto

Jason Evan's little story put a smile behind my eyes. Great description of his having reached a popeye moment ("I done takes all I can take, I can't takes no more"), then charged off in what I still can't help but seeing as that scene in Animal House. You know the one, Blutto gives that rousing speech about how "when the going gets tough, the going gets tough" and then, after giving the clarion call, "who's with me men," charges off as an army of one.

Grey "'yes, I do have more respect for you now Ugadi" and shall recognize Jason Evans for having once loosed the animal in him to 'bestride the free world like a collossus' but had the wit not to get too carried away with it" Beard

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    I still can't help but seeing as that scene in Animal House. You know the one, Blutto gives that rousing speech about how "when the going gets tough, the going gets tough" and then, after giving the clarion call, "who's with me men," charges off as an army of one.
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

NC State 1988

I was at that game too.

I don't remember Jason jumping out on the floor. But, I do remember that it was a very intense game, that State pulled it out in the last minute, and that at least 2 of the three of Shackelford, Lester or Chucky Brown were pretty close to going into the stands after several of the Crazies -- I recall at least 1 of those guys started to climb over the press table before being pulled back.

NC State 1988

Also, as all this was going on, one of the State players (I think Chucky Brown) was yelling at the Crazies:

"Y'all a bunch of f*****s!"