Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K'ville is open

Can you guys honestly think of a better place to study than a wide open, peaceful K-ville in 70+ degree weather? The answer by the way is no.

That being said I have stopped by and told devillighter and the other soon to be tenters out there that they're ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by devillighter View Post
    Our group started tenting Friday and are Tent 2. We were shocked that another tent came out the day before...

The rules are simply two people from 8 to 5 each day until real tenting starts in January...

I am looking forward to my final game as a student in Cameron being a victory over Carolina!

Please stop by and say hello!
    Hello!

WRAL showed you again on the 11 pm news. They did pose this question: Will you be out there over the entire Christmas break?

As to your final game as a student, from your lips to God's ears!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Everything was so much better when I was 20, let me tell ya.

"Rock achieved perfection in 1974. It's scientific fact." --- Homer Simpson

PS -- 80 degree temperatures at Christmas? Utterly disgusting. Nasty sticky ugh.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

4. Yeah, I'm out there with devillighter as part of Tent 2. The weather has been amazing, and I've had no problem studying. I've got an exam tonight, so we'll see then if this has been detrimental or not. Somehow I doubt it. Fair enough point on pushing back the envelope each year. It's partly to do with the fact that the "black tenting" rules changed last year to be much easier, and people are just now starting to embrace that, but I can see it getting more and more ridiculous. On the other hand, I think it's awesome how excited people are this year. We've got some great things in store for the coming months, and Krzyzewskiville is just going to be an awesome experience this year.

Back to studying math on the best patch of (yellow, dry) grass on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Hello!

WRAL showed you again on the 11 pm news. They did pose this question: Will you be out there over the entire Christmas break?

As to your final game as a student, from your lips to God's ears!
    My understanding, talking with the current crop of tenters, is that someone does have to be there, as long as they were being straight with me.

I walk by K-ville on my way to and from the gym and am always slightly jealous. If I were a Duke student I'd be out there too. So if you don't mind, I'm going to live vicariously through you.

For your sakes, I hope it doesn't get too cold out there.

Enjoy!

TillyGalore - Please introduce yourself! I'm not out there right now, but I have been stopping by to hang out from time to time in between studying. A lot of the students out there check DBR. Let me extend that to other posters in the area also. For a while now, whenever I talk with my friend about DBR he always says how much he wants to meet Ozzie (he graduated though, but I'd still like to meet you).

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Guess I'm flying high on this beer (Bud Light, Please!)
    Well now, which one is it? Are you having beer, or are you having Bud Light?

Quote Originally Posted by LetItBD08 View Post
    Let me extend that to other posters in the area also. For a while now, whenever I talk with my friend about DBR he always says how much he wants to meet Ozzie (he graduated though, but I'd still like to meet you).
    Gee, I'm honored. I feel like such a celebrity!

Next time I'm on campus I'll stop by. It may not be until the Albany game, and y'all will probably be in Cameron by the time I get to campus, but I'll stop by.

Before last year's carolina game, when Jay Bilas was there with the ESPN Game Day crew, I tried to teach Crazies a cheer that you may have heard from time to time. It's always appropriate, and always in good taste!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by LetItBD08 View Post
    TillyGalore - Please introduce yourself!
    Will do! Will you be out there Christmas week? I'm going "home" next week and with the craziness of this week won't be at the gym.

Usually I'm all for fan enthusiasm, but this is getting a little ridiculous. I wonder if the tenters would be out this early if:

1. We brought back Black Tenting, which required 10 students at night and eight students during the day

2. The line monitors no longer recognized Pre-Blue tenting, in which case the self-policing tenters would likely come up with a much more stringent criterion than 2 tenters from 8am-5pm

You kids have it easy these days.

Anyway, thanks for making me the laughing stock of my workplace, Crazies

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

Those were the days - Willie Hodge, Tate Armstrong, the Crow-man, Spanarkel, Denard, Bender, and the G-man and Gene Banks!!!
    That would be Crow-bar.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrady View Post
    were there kegs on the quad back then too?
    You better believe there were kegs on the quad back then. Now when I visit campus, and go by the quad, it is like a ghost town on weekends. Back in the 70s, we partied and hung out by our dorms and frat sections. Those were great days. A real sense of community as students.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    PS -- 80 degree temperatures at Christmas? Utterly disgusting. Nasty sticky ugh.
    Let's see, yesterday's high was 42, overnight low was 22 and today is a balmy 44. I wonder if they're reconsidering.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You better believe there were kegs on the quad back then. Now when I visit campus, and go by the quad, it is like a ghost town on weekends. Back in the 70s, we partied and hung out by our dorms and frat sections. Those were great days. A real sense of community as students.
    while Kegs on the quad were done away with a while ago, the downfall of the west campus social scene occured between my sophomore and junior years (01/02 - 02/03) when they realigned west campus.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    while Kegs on the quad were done away with a while ago, the downfall of the west campus social scene occured between my sophomore and junior years (01/02 - 02/03) when they realigned west campus.
    Amen. I remember my freshman year (00-01) just having to get off the bus and look down the quad and know where the parties were. Sophomore year in Mirecourt, the weekends we had were amazing, especially when we threw parties

The quad-based system has forever changed the Duke social scene.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Amen. I remember my freshman year (00-01) just having to get off the bus and look down the quad and know where the parties were. Sophomore year in Mirecourt, the weekends we had were amazing, especially when we threw parties

The quad-based system has forever changed the Duke social scene.
    This is really funny to me (not laughing at you particularly, Blazin), because my group made the same exact same complaint, comparing 1995 (rocking) and 1998 (dead and lame). And Bill Werber served the beer.

"Rock achieved perfection in 1974, it's scientific fact." ---Homer Simpson

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    Realigned the campus? Is it no longer shaped like a cross? I hadn't noticed!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    Let's see, yesterday's high was 42, overnight low was 22 and today is a balmy 44. I wonder if they're reconsidering.
    Ah yes, those brutal Siberian winters in the... American South. The poor wittle kiddies, I hope they survive.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

They only have to be there from 8-5. Trust me, they're not reconsidering.

In case you guys are interested, we put together a tenting timeline this year to deal with the inevitable confusion/questions about tenting from both students and Duke fans.

http://student.groups.duke.edu/images/1/1c/Timeline.doc