Survivor: And then there were 5...

I told you all that there would not be any hidden plot by Amanda against Todd and Courtney. Amanda is too smart to alienate the jury like that. I am really liking her play for the most part.

I am glad that P-G and Erik's foolish decision to DO NOTHING with their info about James being voted out last week came back to kill Erik. I really hope it knocks out P-G next, and it almost certainly will. The lack of an intelligent strategy by P-G, Erik, and Jamie has been one of the most annoying parts of this game as it has allowed their tribe to be dominated from very early on. The lack of any real opposition has hurt this edition of the show.

Not much to say about this week's episode. Not sure it really set up anything that mattered. We have a 4-person core alliance that will almost certainly advance to the finals. P-G has been good at winning immunities and could win one more, I suppose, but they would quickly turn on Denise at that point. I don't think Todd, Amanda, and Courtney want any part of Denise in the finals.

So, we are almost certainly left with a three way vote between Todd, Amanda, and Courtney. I think the speeches and answers to the jury will play a big role. I have a hard time seeing Courtney as a real option, though she may get a vote or two (especially from Frosti). I think Amanda will have a small advantage going into the vote but it is close. Unless something dramatic happens to shake up opinions, I think we'll see something like a 3-2-2 vote-- which should be very dramatic. Who knows, we could get the first-ever tie. I am not sure what they would do then.

--Jason "eager for a new edition of the show!" Evans

I've only watched the show a handful of times, but how could they vote out James

Ah, James...

Here's this complete threat of a guy, with TWO idols in his pants, and he doesn't use one of them???!!!! I hated to see him go, but I consider his own BAD. What an idiot!

I haven't been thrilled with this season's Survivor -- not a lot of interesting people for whom to root. But again, thank God for TIVO -- I can catch up on the show when there's nothing else on & I've got a little time to veg.

Quote Originally Posted by prefan21 View Post
    I've only watched the show a handful of times, but how could they vote out James
    How could they not? He was likeable, strong, and deserving of the million-dollar prize. If he makes the final vote he is a shoe-in to win the whole thing. They had to try to vote him out.

Still, it was his fault. He had the idols and refused to use them. He refused to even threaten to use them. He played it very poorly. It is really his fault.

--Jason "I want another All-Star Survivor, but with no former winners because everyone votes the winners out cause they already have a million" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, we are almost certainly left with a three way vote between Todd, Amanda, and Courtney. I think the speeches and answers to the jury will play a big role. I have a hard time seeing Courtney as a real option, though she may get a vote or two (especially from Frosti). I think Amanda will have a small advantage going into the vote but it is close. Unless something dramatic happens to shake up opinions, I think we'll see something like a 3-2-2 vote-- which should be very dramatic. Who knows, we could get the first-ever tie. I am not sure what they would do then.
    Wait, what? The final vote is between 3 people, not 2??

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Wait, what? The final vote is between 3 people, not 2??
    Yup, at least that is what I expect. They have done a final 3 not a final 2 the past couple editions of the show, IIRC. I am not sure why they do this but it is what they have been doing lately.

--Jason "I like the final 2 better" Evans

Yup, at least that is what I expect. They have done a final 3 not a final 2 the past couple editions of the show, IIRC. I am not sure why they do this but it is what they have been doing lately.

I much prefer the final 2 as well, but this may be the first season where the third place person is "in the mix" so to speak. I think the last two times they did this, the third place person got shut out. I know Becky got shut out when Yul beat Ozzie and I think Earl won getting all the votes over (was it Cassandra and Dreamz?).

I didn't like Denise's decision this week because she knows she is #4 with her current alliance and by flipping the game she could get to #3 or better. I know the vote would have most likely been a tie in that situation. But it at least gives her a chance to make it to the top 3 and I think the top 3 get paid. I think she would have had a chance to win the whole thing against Erik and Pei-Geh. Maybe she is thinking about making a play with Amanda to flip this week with Pei-Geh and take out Todd and then Courtney. That might be a smarter move. But if she doesn't do that, I think she made a mistake this week.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

I know that in the season preview for the show that aired on the TV Guide channel, that Probst said that this season they were trying to get back to some of the original rules/themes of the show. This could include having only a final 2.

I'll say this, there are 5 people currently left and a two more shows (one more one hour episode and a two hour finale). Typically two people get kicked off in the two hour finale, which would lead me to believe there will be only two people in the vote this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    But it at least gives her a chance to make it to the top 3 and I think the top 3 get paid.
    Everyone gets paid. It is on a sliding scale from last to first. 2nd place gets $100k, I think so the scale really slides up to first and the mill

Everyone gets paid. It is on a sliding scale from last to first. 2nd place gets $100k, I think so the scale really slides up to first and the mill
    Really? I didn't know that. That's interesting. It's like a poker tournament and everyone is "in the money."

Well, I guess there is still value in going as far as possible. So I still don't like Denise's decision.

Maybe it is right that there will be a final two this year but wouldn't that make an 8 person jury? Still a possibility of a tie that way. I wonder how that would be resolved - a fire burning challenge in front of a live audience?
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013