Copying from DVR to VCR help needed.

Ok, so I'm trying to copy the Wisconsin and Davidson games from my DVR to my VCR for a friend who had the misfortune of missing both games, but I have no idea how to do this. I know the cable box is using input #7 on my tv, and the VCR player is using input #4. Is there some way I can reconfigure this setup to record these games? Thanks for any help.

Think about it this way. How can your VCR intercept the signal before it goes to the TV? Have your DVR out go to the VCR in. This might require different cables than you run to your TV, but it may be the only way to do it.

That being said, there are certainly smarter people out there than me.

Quote Originally Posted by toughbuff1 View Post
    Ok, so I'm trying to copy the Wisconsin and Davidson games from my DVR to my VCR for a friend who had the misfortune of missing both games, but I have no idea how to do this. I know the cable box is using input #7 on my tv, and the VCR player is using input #4. Is there some way I can reconfigure this setup to record these games? Thanks for any help.
    No. If your DVR has working firewire output, this can be captured with a DVHS or a computer. You would be capturing the transport stream which can be played or edited with a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by toughbuff1 View Post
    Take the cables (I'm assuming RCAs - Red, White and Yellow ) that go from your DVR to your TV and plug them into the input on your VCR. Turn your tv to input #4 (which should show what's on the vcr). Tune your vcr to the input channel which is usually labeled AV1 or Line1 and is usally the channel below 2. Hit play on the DVR and record on the VCR and wait four hours. If your DVR is not using RCAs it's either using coaxial (thick round cable) or an HD output (HDMI or component). If it's using coaxial you can plug that into the vcr and tune to channel 3 and record. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. I'll try it when I get home.