Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Interestingly, it looks like Sheffield has an older brother who played at Stanford (including redshirting a year) so did a fifth year (2018-2019) at Elon. So Schrage knows the family. And the family clearly values academics. The bio says their dad played at Morgan State.

https://elonphoenix.com/sports/mens-...ffield-ii/6146
    This is sounding more and more like a plus version of a Kale Catchings/Max Johns type, which is exactly the best case scenario we could realistically hope for. Sheffield having two years of eligibility, and in turn potentially providing some continuity next year, is icing on the cake.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    This is sounding more and more like a plus version of a Kale Catchings/Max Johns type, which is exactly the best case scenario we could realistically hope for. Sheffield having two years of eligibility, and in turn potentially providing some continuity next year, is icing on the cake.
    The last part is really important. It's somewhat easy to get older, but getting older with program continuity is a big plus. Tyrese and Caleb may go pro after next season. Having Maliq (a big) and Cameron (a guard) to show the new guys how it's done would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    The last part is really important. It's somewhat easy to get older, but getting older with program continuity is a big plus. Tyrese and Caleb may go pro after next season. Having Maliq (a big) and Cameron (a guard) to show the new guys how it's done would be helpful.
    Yeah, love this transfer if it happens. Coach seems to be very focused on strong character with these transfers...

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Yeah, love this transfer if it happens. Coach seems to be very focused on strong character with these transfers...
    Does adding a Cameron who may be here next year affect the recruitment of another Cameron to play here next year ( not being serious). Would it be good to have potentially two Cameronís on the roster at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    Sorry I can't link to something conclusive, but a little digging makes me think that Cameron Sheffield and Sion James played on the same Atlanta area AAU team before college.
    Hoop Seen lists Sion James and Cameron Sheffield as part of the travel team Game Elite in 2020. The same site has state rankings of Georgia players in the Class of 2020: James is #12 and Sheffield is #13.

They also played on opposite teams for the Georgia 6A state championship. Here's the highlight video. James is in white uniform #1, while Sheffield is in black uniform #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Messimorgan17 View Post
    Does adding a Cameron who may be here next year affect the recruitment of another Cameron to play here next year ( not being serious). Would it be good to have potentially two Cameronís on the roster at the same time.
    All your Camerons are belong to us.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Now that the dust has settled, how do we feel about where we stand? Have we gotten better with the four we added, or do we remain worse given the seven we lost (knowing of course there was no way to keep all of them)?

Thereís no replacing Jeremy, but Iím feeling pretty good about things. We got older and tougher, and seem well-balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    Now that the dust has settled, how do we feel about where we stand? Have we gotten better with the four we added, or do we remain worse given the seven we lost (knowing of course there was no way to keep all of them)?

Thereís no replacing Jeremy, but Iím feeling pretty good about things. We got older and tougher, and seem well-balanced.
    I loved Mark but I think we upgraded that position. Other than potentially TJ's shooting, we upgraded in every transfer both in quality, height, experience and physicality except for Roach - scoring wise.. I wasn't quite high on Stewart as some of the others, he has elite athleticism but very foul prone (which he can learn) but doesn't have a reliable shot which would take longer to make it better.

I think Coach did great.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You cannot survive. Make your time. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    You cannot survive. Make your time. 🤣
    What you say!!

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post

Yeah, not sure the offense is better because of the four portal additions compared to those who left, but IMO significant improvement in team defense and overall physicality.

We may not hear of this team being "knocked back" by physically strong opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, not sure the offense is better because of the four portal additions compared to those who left, but IMO significant improvement in team defense and overall physicality.

We may not hear of this team being "knocked back" by physically strong opponents.
    Yep. It looks like we've got some knockers of our own this time around.

I find that very attractive.

Gratuituous link

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    When Cameron was in Egypt land....let my Cameron go.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Yep. It looks like we've got some knockers of our own this time around.

I find that very attractive.

Gratuituous link
    Always did approve of knockers up.