Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am pleased that he is returning to Duke for his sophomore season. It is a good decision for him personally and he is really needed for the team's success next season.

Great news! Looking forward to seeing him and proctor in the back court with some of these new faces.

Experienced guards are such a luxury

Very excited about a Proctor-Foster backcourt. Two big, versatile guys who can play either guard position. Foster was inconsistent as most freshman are, but showed flashes of being a guy who can score at all three levels. And the more I read about Flagg the more I think he'll be playing minutes at the 3, which makes us enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie
    Pretty sure [CTH] stands for Close To Home
    Yes ...[SNIP]... I mentally put them all in the Close to Home portal. When Tyrese and Caleb decided to return it was a positive rather than a sigh of relief.
    I was reading CTH as 'Countdown to Happiness'...not far off

This is fantastic & expected news. If we can get Jerm back for one last go round, man oh man. If not, I could see Proctor averaging 5-6 assists a game. Just a wild number in the college game.
    Twitter: @mrjeffschwartz0
    IG: @mrjeffschwartz0
    Threads: @mrjeffschwartz
    #DDMF

Foster - thatís an Australianís backcourt mate!

So awesome!!!!!! Get well soon and get ready to kick butt next year, Caleb!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    I totally agree with this. If RJ and Cadeau are the starting backcourt as expected for the Cheats next year, Tyrese and Caleb should post up and go to work.

With Jeremy, the opponent could always post their "short guard" on him. That will not be the case next year with these two and whoever starts at the 3.
    Has it been confirmed that RJ is coming back for the Cheats??
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to takeóI wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Tallest Duke team ever?

I'm really excited this backcourt. Their ceiling on both ends of the court is very high. Either or both could blow up next year into a lottery pick. I think they are that good. But I hope at least one sticks around for 2025-26...

Mr Power, you are the final piece. Come on down, please!
    And donít forget about Sean too.
    So 2,
    2 Reeceís pieces.

fantastic news!! looking forward to Monday's brotherhood pod.

and may I suggest that those who said Foster should have played with a stress fracture read Grant Hill's autobiography 'Game.'

awesome news !!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by hsheffield View Post

and may I suggest that those who said Foster should have played with a stress fracture read Grant Hill's autobiography 'Game.'
    Convinced it derailed a top 10 all time NBA career. Peak Grant Hill was ridiculous.

Great news! What a great backcourt next season with Tyrese and Caleb running the show! I think Coach Scheyer will undoubtably hit the portal to get another guard for backup minutes and injury insurance! Probably K2 or maybe Evans can do some guard minutes also. Excited for next season. Now letís get Sean and TJ confirmed and go kick butt next year!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    In all seriousness, Iíd love to see Tyrese and Caleb spend some time this off-season developing some post game. There will be games where one or both of them have 5 inches on their opponent, and in the right sets could get easy baskets from the guard post game.
    I know.it can stagnate your offense if you aren't careful, but I love big guards posting up. Love that throwback style bully ball offense.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Devil View Post
    Trying to figure out what CTH stands for. Iím guessing the CTH portal contains those players on the roster who are in a Heisenberg-like uncertain state.
    This is so great.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Convinced it derailed a top 10 all time NBA career. Peak Grant Hill was ridiculous.
    Yep. The Pistons organization sucked doing that to Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hsheffield View Post

Listening to the podcast, it sounds like Calebís return was never in question.

Hopefully his rehab will go well, and heís ready to go in the fall!

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post

Yeh, the podcast was great. My comments on that thread.

GoDuke!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine

Yeah, the exact quote was that Caleb said he was "1000% committed to Duke." Now one has to view that with a dose of skepticism, because of course that's what you'd say when you're recording a team-sponsored podcast... but it is something for us all to keep in mind the next time we freak out about rumors and speculation about our guys and the portal. The fact is we don't know anything with 100% certainty until it comes out of the mouth of one of our players, and even then young minds are entitled to change.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I mean, that makes sense. It wasn't that long ago that "announcements" were reserved for athletes who were leaving the program early. The default assumption was that you would be back.

Now, we sit on our hands waiting for PR statements announcing that Sophomores are returning. It's weird, man.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Yeah, the exact quote was that Caleb said he was "1000% committed to Duke." Now one has to view that with a dose of skepticism, because of course that's what you'd say when you're recording a team-sponsored podcast... but it is something for us all to keep in mind the next time we freak out about rumors and speculation about our guys and the portal. The fact is we don't know anything with 100% certainty until it comes out of the mouth of one of our players, and even then young minds are entitled to change.
    Or even 1000% certainty! And even when it comes out of a player's mouth, they can still change their mind - but it's more awkward.

-jk