Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I mean, that makes sense. It wasn't that long ago that "announcements" were reserved for athletes who were leaving the program early. The default assumption was that you would be back.

Now, we sit on our hands waiting for PR statements announcing that Sophomores are returning. It's weird, man.
    I agree. Leaving used to be the exception, not the norm.

Mark me down as in favor of requiring ALL transfers to sit out 1 year. Thousands of players in the transfer portal is ridiculous

Roster deadline

Does anyone know what date the '24-'25 roster will be official? I want to know when I can exhale.

Quote Originally Posted by geeveebee View Post
    Does anyone know what date the '24-'25 roster will be official? I want to know when I can exhale.
    "Official"? Probably not until the first day of Fall semester.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    "Official"? Probably not until the first day of Fall semester.
    Probably not until the tip off of the 1st game 👿

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post

Mark me down as in favor of requiring ALL transfers to sit out 1 year. Thousands of players in the transfer portal is ridiculous
    I agree.
    Short of that I think , if you go into the portal……….you should not have the option to return.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post

Im in favor of this too with an exception for when a coach leaves. But I do understand that this would probably diminish the players' earning potential. This is exactly why you have things like collective bargaining agreements, salary caps, and player strikes the professional leagues. There is a lot of money to be divided up between the league (NCAA), the team (the universities) and the players. The current system of complete chaos is unsustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by geeveebee View Post
    Or on a related note, how many more "announcements" should we expect for players who are planning to stay? I'm assuming there will be a Roach announcement either way. But it would seem a bit odd for, say, Stewart or Power to make an announcement if they are staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Probably not until the tip off of the 1st game 👿
    And subject to revision at the end of the Fall semester.

Yessir. Mr Foster, welcome back.

Now for the last piece of the backcourt puzzle to return..

Definitely Maybe like an Oasis song. I have not a clue but if Roach wants a pro career it might be time to go. NBA is unlikely, but overseas has many possibilities. Possibly Maybe is a Bjork song.
    Duke needs at least 1 more guard. There may be another Cam Spencer in the transfer portal. Duke academic Deans need to adjust to the reality of NCAA athletics. Stanford seems to be doing that so the Deans need to be less rigid. Give and take.

Just feel a 6’3 + SG / PG will be available in the portal or Europe.
    Last edited by heyman25; 04-15-2024 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Correction

excellent! I look forward to seeing Foster build on a good Fr. year. If he keeps growing and expanding his skill set, our backcourt will be very good next year!