Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It has been announced that a new episode of the Brotherhood Podcast will debut on Monday 4/15 at 6am featuring a conversation with both Tyrese Proctor and Caleb Foster.

Gosh, I wonder if they will have anything interesting to say as they sit there together.

Two guys on the same pod... I mean, one would need two boxes of popcorn to fully enjoy something like that.

From the show notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNBoPIgIF8g

Our first 2024 offseason episode is here, featuring next year's backcourt: Caleb Foster and Tyrese Proctor. The veteran guards recap this past season and NCAA Tournament with host Ryan Young and look ahead to the future and how they are looking to improve during the upcoming campaign.
    Confirmed, Caleb Foster returns to Duke!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Made a new thread so that this news doesn’t get missed… not only is Caleb coming back to join Tyrese, but we’ll get to hear from both of them on The Brotherhood pod Monday morning!

Man, two 6’5”, NBA ceiling point guards, one who shot 35% from 3 on volume and the other who shot better than 40%, in the same backcourt. That is going to be fun
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Been ages since I posted anything to Twitter... trying to swear off that place... but I could not resist this one for the awesome gif that was available:

https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...72217240416537
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Made a new thread so that this news doesn’t get missed… not only is Caleb coming back to join Tyrese, but we’ll get to hear from both of them on The Brotherhood pod Monday morning!

Man, two 6’5”, NBA ceiling point guards, one who shot 35% from 3 on volume and the other who shot better than 40%, in the same backcourt. That is going to be fun
    That is great news. I asked this question in the staying thread-,the notes to the podcast refer to them as “ next year’s backcourt.”
    Does this mean Jeremy isn’t coming back?

We are going to be so big.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Messimorgan17 View Post
    That is great news. I asked this question in the staying thread-,the notes to the podcast refer to them as “ next year’s backcourt.”
    Does this mean Jeremy isn’t coming back?
    I feel like that would be a reasonable conclusion to come to, especially since we’re very unlikely to run a 3 guard lineup again next year and the post seems to indicate Caleb and Tyrese will be starting together. I would guess we’ll get something final about that next week.

Thanks for sharing this great news, Jason. Foster is a big guard with lots of upside.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    We are going to be so big.
    In all seriousness, I’d love to see Tyrese and Caleb spend some time this off-season developing some post game. There will be games where one or both of them have 5 inches on their opponent, and in the right sets could get easy baskets from the guard post game.

Been ages since I posted anything to Twitter... trying to swear off that place... but I could not resist this one for the awesome gif that was available:

https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...72217240416537
    It looks like you broke it first, at least based on my “Caleb Foster” search turning up nothing else besides typical twitter spam.

Honestly I think people underestimated how much Duke missed Caleb at the end of the season, I think if we had him healthy things might have played out a lot differently. Glad to see him back next year, with both him and Proctor back I feel confident next years team will be FF contender.

Duke is a HUGE team

With Caleb announcing his return, I am assuming that Roach is probably moving on. I know these guys are all unselfish, but it just doesn't seem like a great career move for Caleb to return unless he would get a real opportunity to play with the ball in his hands. Being the 3rd ball handler behind Proctor and Roach would not be ideal for his development. Obviously, we're a much better team if all 3 of them stay, so that's what I'm still going to hope happens, but realistically, this probably means the end of Jeremy's Duke career.

Under that assumption, we will not have a single scholarship player on the roster shorter than 6'5". We had 3 such players last season, and they would all be gone in this scenario. Kon Kneuppel is the shortest incoming freshman, at 6'5" and the rest of them are 6'6" or taller. The size of this roster is crazy!

Another guard from the CTH portal. The roster is up to 8 players with 4 players left in the CTH portal.

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Another guard from the CTH portal. The roster is up to 8 players with 4 players left in the CTH portal.
    Trying to figure out what CTH stands for. I’m guessing the CTH portal contains those players on the roster who are in a Heisenberg-like uncertain state.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Devil View Post
    Trying to figure out what CTH stands for. I’m guessing the CTH portal contains those players on the roster who are in a Heisenberg-like uncertain state.

Pretty sure it stands for Close To Home.

As in they were on our roster at the end of the season. Re-recruiting your own players and all.

Great to hear. Tense times tonight in Israel. Cassius Stanley is playing pro basketball there. Drone attack from Iran.

I advocate for a big pg/sg a Cam Spencer needle in a haystack. Also hope one upper class PF/C . Look forward to watching Khaman Malauch. Flagg and Ngongba Evans tonight.

From the show notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNBoPIgIF8g

Such great news! I'm curious, was this the good news you referred to yesterday about a returnee announcing his return soon?

In all seriousness, I’d love to see Tyrese and Caleb spend some time this off-season developing some post game. There will be games where one or both of them have 5 inches on their opponent, and in the right sets could get easy baskets from the guard post game.
    I totally agree with this. If RJ and Cadeau are the starting backcourt as expected for the Cheats next year, Tyrese and Caleb should post up and go to work.

With Jeremy, the opponent could always post their "short guard" on him. That will not be the case next year with these two and whoever starts at the 3.

Tallest Duke team ever?

I'm really excited this backcourt. Their ceiling on both ends of the court is very high. Either or both could blow up next year into a lottery pick. I think they are that good. But I hope at least one sticks around for 2025-26...

Mr Power, you are the final piece. Come on down, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Pretty sure it stands for Close To Home.

As in they were on our roster at the end of the season. Re-recruiting your own players and all.
    Yes I coined the phrase in another thread in order to reduce my stress level. Instead of thinking about how many current players would leave, I mentally put them all in the Close to Home portal. When Tyrese and Caleb decided to return it was a positive rather than a sigh of relief.