Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Jaylen is going to be a Duke graduate so he deserves another major program as a landing spot.

This may be inappropriate, but Kentucky probably needs people.
    Jaylen, first and foremost, congratulations on earning your Duke degree!! Second since you are a two time member of the ACC-academic team it would appear that you excelled while earning that degree, so again congrats.

Best of luck as you continue your basketball path!!!

I will miss the all-out effort Blakes gave it every time out on the floor. I hope he finds an opportunity to start somewhere.

Jaylen has been one of my favorite recent players--his tenacity, effort, and pure heart have been unmatched--apparently in the classroom as well as on the court. I am so glad he is graduating from Duke and, while I will miss him, I hope his transfer year gives him everything he is hoping for.

I can only echo all the positive remarks regarding Jaylen. He's a true warrior.

I would have loved it had you chosen to return. Best of luck to you, Jaylen. Thanks for all the highlights. You are truly a throwback to the toughest of Blue Devils!

Go Duke!

My favorite player on the roster. When anyone called the team soft we know they werenít talking about him. Good luck whoever you go kid

Sorry to see Jaylen go as he always gave his all to the team, however I do think to try to find additional PT by transferring as Duke will be loaded again next season.

Thanks for all your effort, Jaylen! Anybody remember the game at Louisville with giants like Zion and RJ? We lose that game without Jaylen and his havoc.

Good luck to you, wherever you end up.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Anybody remember the game at Louisville with giants like Zion and RJ? We lose that game without Jaylen and his havoc.
    Craziest stat of that game: Jaylen Blakes didn't score a single point (box score). Mostly because it was two years before he committed to Duke. You're thinking of Jordan Goldwire.

Jordan Blakes was awesome, though, up there in my personal pantheon with Brian Koubek and Luke Dennard.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Thanks for all your effort, Jaylen! Anybody remember the game at Louisville with giants like Zion and RJ? We lose that game without Jaylen and his havoc.

Good luck to you, wherever you end up.
    Uh, that was Jordan Goldwire. He was great on D at the end of that game for sure.

Edit: looks like brevity clicked submit a few seconds before me.

Jaylen was probably one of the guys I rooted for the hardest over the last 3 years because he wanted IT. Whether it was a rebound or a basket, or a stop, he wanted IT. He certainly wasn't the best player or most consistent but he was someone to really get behind because every great team needs the effort guy. It's culture. I was hoping he'd be back, because next year we're very young and Jaylen's energy could have rubbed off. As I said to him on IG, I wish him the best.

Thanks Jaylen. Best to you.

Thank you, Jalen!

I'm really going to miss Jalen. His heart and his hustle made him very easy to root for. We will definitely miss him next year. You'll always be a Blue Devil, Jalen! Best wishes always!

I remembered reading how important education was to him when he first committed to Duke. And his classroom performance seems to bear that out with multiple ACC All-Academic selections and graduating in just 3 years. Before hearing that he was graduating this semester, I was certain he would be back because no way he was leaving without that Duke degree, but once it was known he was graduating, I began to think him transferring was a real possibility.

Hope he finds a great fit, academically and athletically. Whoever gets him is getting a great teammate and a defensive game changer, as well as someone with no fear... he'll dive on the floor, take a charge, and take it strong to the basket... he even has had a few double-digit scoring games, so the potential is there to impact that end as well. Go Jalen! We'll be pulling for you!
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Craziest stat of that game: Jaylen Blakes didn't score a single point (box score). Mostly because it was two years before he committed to Duke. You're thinking of Jordan Goldwire.

Jordan Blakes was awesome, though, up there in my personal pantheon with Brian Koubek and Luke Dennard.
    My bad. What was I thinking?

To be fair, though, Blakes was kinda sorta a continuation of Jordan Goldwire, in that they both came into a game and injected a defensive intensity right away.

Thanks to both guys who caught and corrected my error.

Congratulations Jaylen on getting your Duke degree. I hope you land on team where you will be able to show case your defensive game. I loved the hustle and team play you show cased at Duke University.

God bless and GoDuke!

Blakes always played with energy and toughness. And whenever he did play, he was basically a lock to get a steal. He seemed like a leader on the floor and always maintained a great attitude. There were those that lamented his lack of scoring, but I always felt that they didn't see the teammate he was and the positives he did bring. I will be rooting for him wherever he ends up. And I hope he scores a lot and make us think, "Why didn't he do that here?".

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Not a transfer update, but an update nonetheless.

Monroe Blakes posted some graduation photos on social media yesterday with a congratulatory message to his son, which included the sentence "One year of college eligibility remaining, next up Masterís Program and much more!"

jaylenblakesgraduation.jpg

Monroe Blakes posted some graduation photos on social media yesterday with a congratulatory message to his son, which included the sentence "One year of college eligibility remaining, next up Masterís Program and much more!"

That's tremendous. That family must be bursting with pride. Hell, I'm proud of him, and I don't even know him.

Thanks very much, brev. I assumed this was happening but good to see it confirmed and with such pride by the young man and his family. Only wish the best for Jaylen this coming year and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Thanks very much, brev. I assumed this was happening but good to see it confirmed and with such pride by the young man and his family. Only wish the best for Jaylen this coming year and beyond.
    Yes, great pic

Wonder what prompted the switch from black robes to navy this year. I like the look.
    Pratt '09, Grad '10