Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who killed JFK?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilwildcats View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that video has escaped government censors, I learned a lot. I'd be careful sharing it, Julian Assange found out what happens when you expose what "they" don't want you to see. Hopefully you use a VPN, have several aliases, and don't actually live in the South. Best would be if you're a UNC grad, you can claim ignorance or just downright stupidity.
    I donít know if Iíve been insulted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I donít know if Iíve been insulted or not.
    Iím pretty sure Wheat has.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Iím pretty sure Wheat has.
    LOL!!! Excellent stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Iím surprised/disappointed that Jello Biafra hasnít come up on this thread yet.
    California uber alles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Alas - whoever knows where the artwork stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is buried has done a damn good job of keeping that secret, assuming Bobby Donati told someone else before he got whacked.
    Good point, Bostondevil. I cringe a little every St. Patrick's Day on account of this, and I've never even seen the canvases of The Concert or the Rembrandt of the storm on the Sea of Galilee. Art theft seems to be different from most sorts of crime, because actually stealing the stuff is a lot easier than getting realizing any money from it, since no legitimate dealer would touch it. That means that it has to dig deeper into the underworld, where one's life expectancy isn't all that long.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Art theft seems to be different from most sorts of crime, because actually stealing the stuff is a lot easier than getting realizing any money from it, since no legitimate dealer would touch it.
    Which is why most stolen pieces have a new home before their departure.

I suspect most museums have better security than most people realize. I think most museum art is very hard to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Good point, Bostondevil. I cringe a little every St. Patrick's Day on account of this, and I've never even seen the canvases of The Concert or the Rembrandt of the storm on the Sea of Galilee. Art theft seems to be different from most sorts of crime, because actually stealing the stuff is a lot easier than getting realizing any money from it, since no legitimate dealer would touch it. That means that it has to dig deeper into the underworld, where one's life expectancy isn't all that long.
    It's also used as collateral and/or payment for the most nefarious criminal transactions like arms sales, drugs, murder for hire, etc. A huge amount of this is done in freeports across the world where the cargo is never inspected and never taxed unless it leaves the freeport. Some of these freeports have full blow art galleries where the super rich store their art in lavish vaults behind steel doors that only the owners will ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    ...these freeports have full blow art galleries...
    I'm assuming it heightens the art appreciation experience.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm assuming it heightens the art appreciation experience.
    Well they have that too. It's a fantastic racket if you have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    It's also used as collateral and/or payment for the most nefarious criminal transactions like arms sales, drugs, murder for hire, etc. A huge amount of this is done in freeports across the world where the cargo is never inspected and never taxed unless it leaves the freeport. Some of these freeports have full blow art galleries where the super rich store their art in lavish vaults behind steel doors that only the owners will ever see.

I've seen luxury cars ,drugs in what are supposedly empty containers with false walls. I look the otherway. There are seedy individuals involved in that stuff.i value my life to much for that.

In the late 80s I started as a go for/stevedore .I literally was told/asked by 4 large individuals to exit my company van to return in 15 minutes and drive out of the gate to main office since i dont get checked .leave it and return in a half hour.
    I felt my life was in danger .I was flat out scared .I did as asked.
    I did not even turn around to try to see what it was.
    If they would have asked again I would have quit right after I did what they asked.
    If the mob wants to move something on the docks it will be moved.

I'm absolutely sure two of the fatal accidents we have had were not accidents.it makes absolutely no sense how they ended up in that position.
    With 30 tons on you you probably won't be saying very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Which is why most stolen pieces have a new home before their departure.

I suspect most museums have better security than most people realize. I think most museum art is very hard to steal.
    Yeah, some guys evidently pay for thefts with no intention of doing anything with the art other than keeping it to look at and to impress one's friends.

For those interested in this stuff, may I heartily recommend the Gabriel Allon book series by Dan Silva. Well written stuff for that genre, Gabe just happens to be both a world class art restorer AND the former head of the Mossad, so he's got the versatility thing going.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yeah, some guys evidently pay for thefts with no intention of doing anything with the art other than keeping it to look at and to impress one's friends.

For those interested in this stuff, may I heartily recommend the Gabriel Allon book series by Dan Silva. Well written stuff for that genre, Gabe just happens to be both a world class art restorer AND the former head of the Mossad, so he's got the versatility thing going.
    Thanks for the book series recommendation!

IMO, you can learn a tremendous amount about a person from their attitude towards art collecting. Collectors assume many different levels of accountability and responsibility. Some collectors treat their collection like children and cherish every moment with them. Others leave masterpieces in unopened crates in freeports.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Do you also believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing astroturf and the designated hitter?
    For the rest of thus thread I shall be referred to as ClemmonsDavis

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilwildcats View Post
    Best would be if you're a UNC grad, you can claim ignorance or just downright stupidity.
    Rude. Hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    For the rest of thus thread I shall be referred to as ClemmonsDavis
    One day, The Soup Nazi will join DBR and set all four of you straight. Please warn the other ones.

https://subgameperfect.substack.com/...mily-history-3

The above piece is about three other men who died on 11/22/63 - Aldous Huxley, C.S. Lewis, and my grandfather Jimmy Meek. One of them was declared dead at Parkland Hospital during the same hour as JFK.