Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who killed JFK?

Who had an alibi.

He was playing first base at the time.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Now, if you had found a way to tie in the Roswell aliens to your comment, it would have nailed all of the big three conspiracy theories. Nevertheless, well done!

Posner goes into near-excruciating detail on the physics of the paths of all three bullets, based on several different pieces of evidence, and concludes that all three came from Oswald's rifle. I don't have the ability to critically assess his conclusions, I just find them compelling.
    For awhile there was a meme going around on FB asking people to start a fight in 6 words. I succeeded with "William Shakespeare wrote the Shakespeare plays." I added his first name to get to 6 words.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Now, if you had found a way to tie in the Roswell aliens to your comment, it would have nailed all of the big three conspiracy theories. Nevertheless, well done!

Posner goes into near-excruciating detail on the physics of the paths of all three bullets, based on several different pieces of evidence, and concludes that all three came from Oswald's rifle. I don't have the ability to critically assess his conclusions, I just find them compelling.
    While Bill James's theory on the JFK assassination was interesting to read, it didn't have enough actual evidence to support it being taken seriously. The same book talks about the Lizzie Borden case and for that, Mr. James does present compelling evidence that Lizzie Borden was innocent. I know enough about historically accurate costuming to know what reasonably well off spinsters would have been wearing in the 1890s. The time between Andrew Borden being seen alive and Lizzie calling for help from the doorway was less than 15 minutes. When she called for help - there was no blood on her clothes, in her hair, on her shoes, nowhere. For heavens' sake, there was blood on the ceiling in the room where Andrew Borden was murdered. She did not have time to kill him, changes clothes, wash and dry her hair, and find another pair of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oswald acting alone. I haven't always felt this way but I have purged my life of conspiracy theories in any form. To me all of this stuff boils down to how many people would have to know and be involved? How many people would have to be quiet? Conspiracies that require too many moving parts got flushed from my life.

So you donít participate in minutes threads?

If it wasnít the mob, then their code says it should have been. ďSomeday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me.Ē

I believe Joe used his mob connections to help his son get elected. If the mob assisted (especially, in Chicago), then there would have been expectations. RFK/JFK did the exact opposite and attacked the mob with their extremely powerful positions. If the mob wanted to maintain their power and code, then JFK needed to be whacked.

Oswald was the perfect pawn (capable shooter who loved Castro). Ruby took Oswald out before he talked. The only piece I canít understand is why the mob had Ruby whack Oswald. If the mob did, then it was brilliant execution. The mob stayed extremely powerful for 20+ years after RFK/JFKís surprise attack.

There's a museum on the 6th floor where Oswald shot Kennedy. There's a giant X on the road where Kennedy was hit. I believe the distance is 266 feet, which for a Marine with a shooting score of 212 (just high enough to be rated a sharpshooter) is a pretty straightforward shot given 3 tries.

I'm not into conspiracies generally but am pretty shocked the Secret Service hadn't fully vetted the route. Given what we've heard about their level of competence these past few years, I think a conspiracy is less likely than ineptitude, but wouldn't be shocked if the former were true.

Not that it will answer the question posed by this thread, but has anyone watched an old Burt Lancaster film, "Executive Action"? I forget the other writers, but Mark Lane was one of them. Mark Lane was a NY attorney, JFK conspiracy theorist and wrote the book, "Rush to Judgement". I saw him speak at Duke MANY years ago. Anyway, check out the movie and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So you donít participate in minutes threads?
    Wanker no. Oh sweet Jesus no.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilwildcats View Post
    There's a museum on the 6th floor where Oswald shot Kennedy. There's a giant X on the road where Kennedy was hit. I believe the distance is 266 feet, which for a Marine with a shooting score of 212 (just high enough to be rated a sharpshooter) is a pretty straightforward shot given 3 tries.

I'm not into conspiracies generally but am pretty shocked the Secret Service hadn't fully vetted the route. Given what we've heard about their level of competence these past few years, I think a conspiracy is less likely than ineptitude, but wouldn't be shocked if the former were true.
    EVERYTHING changed at the Secret Service after the Kennedy Assassination.

Oswald acting alone. I haven't always felt this way but I have purged my life of conspiracy theories in any form. To me all of this stuff boils down to how many people would have to know and be involved? How many people would have to be quiet? Conspiracies that require too many moving parts got flushed from my life.
    Odd Couple no more! At least on this issue. Like you, Iím over all the conspiracy theories. If life has taught me anything, itís that people canít keep secrets. Heck, how many times does a killer get caught because they blab to one person, who then goes to the police? Itís just not in human nature to carry out conspiracies of more than one person and it not leak out.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Odd Couple no more! At least on this issue. Like you, Iím over all the conspiracy theories. If life has taught me anything, itís that people canít keep secrets. Heck, how many times does a killer get caught because they blab to one person, who then goes to the police? Itís just not in human nature to carry out conspiracies of more than one person and it not leak out.
    Rethinking my position...

tell that to Jimmy Hoffa

Today? No doubt, people talk. However, the mob in the 60ís was great at keeping people quiet!

Rethinking my position...
    Ha-ha-ha! Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    ...and find another pair of shoes.
    Especially decide on shoes. <ducks>
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Especially decide on shoes. <ducks>
    The idiots who conducted the original investigation were all men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    If it wasnít the mob, then their code says it should have been. ďSomeday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me.Ē

I believe Joe used his mob connections to help his son get elected. If the mob assisted (especially, in Chicago), then there would have been expectations. RFK/JFK did the exact opposite and attacked the mob with their extremely powerful positions. If the mob wanted to maintain their power and code, then JFK needed to be whacked.

Oswald was the perfect pawn (capable shooter who loved Castro). Ruby took Oswald out before he talked. The only piece I canít understand is why the mob had Ruby whack Oswald. If the mob did, then it was brilliant execution. The mob stayed extremely powerful for 20+ years after RFK/JFKís surprise attack.
    Even if I accept your premise (which I find dubious, but not my point here), why would the Kennedy brothers (who would surely know to whom they owed favors) bite the very dangerous hand that (under your belief) fed them - they weren't stupid or uninformed.

The Oswald speculation ("... before he talked") makes little sense. They could not count on him not squealing for the ~46h he lived after being arrested. Nor be assured of being in a position to silence him.

IMO Posner's work is a persuasive wet blanket on our collective psychology that resists accepting the idea that a pissant could take out the great man.

Three for three.

In this age of camera phones, WikiLeaks, internet forums, etc - conspiracies are harder than ever to maintain.

I can imagine in the months after the JFK assassination that there might have been more at play. But with no one coming forward in basically a lifetime since? Not a chance.

With everyone having a camera in their pocket 24/7, most conspiracies don't pass the smell test. If JFK in Dallas happened today, there would be literally thousands of videos from every conceivable angle.

Of course, there are also huge swaths of the population who don't seem to require facts or proof for their conspiracies. I don't understand those people.

Just give me logic, science, and Occam's Razor and I'll give you a pretty reasonable counter to most conspiracy theories.

Only really, I don't care enough to do the critical thinking for other people who will just immediately dispute the logic and known facts. It would be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Three for three.

In this age of camera phones, WikiLeaks, internet forums, etc - conspiracies are harder than ever to maintain.

I can imagine in the months after the JFK assassination that there might have been more at play. But with no one coming forward in basically a lifetime since? Not a chance.

With everyone having a camera in their pocket 24/7, most conspiracies don't pass the smell test. If JFK in Dallas happened today, there would be literally thousands of videos from every conceivable angle.

Of course, there are also huge swaths of the population who don't seem to require facts or proof for their conspiracies. I don't understand those people.

Just give me logic, science, and Occam's Razor and I'll give you a pretty reasonable counter to most conspiracy theories.

Only really, I don't care enough to do the critical thinking for other people who will just immediately dispute the logic and known facts. It would be a waste of time.
    Homo Sapiens have been around for ~ 200,000 years. Seems awfully convenient that it's only in the past 15 years that phones/cameras have been everywhere. I'm not saying it's 100% a conspiracy that their invention was held off until after JFK was killed, but come on, do the math...

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevilwildcats View Post
    Homo Sapiens have been around for ~ 200,000 years. Seems awfully convenient that it's only in the past 15 years that phones/cameras have been everywhere. I'm not saying it's 100% a conspiracy that their invention was held off until after JFK was killed, but come on, do the math...
    Gosh dang it, I am very frustrated I can't spork this perfect comment.

Coincidence???