Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    24/7 is showing Mark with 100% confidence to K-State. Sorry I canít link on my iPad
    Close to home. They have a Nike Hoops Summit player coming in. Could be a very good team. Good luck young man!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    24/7 is showing Mark with 100% confidence to K-State. Sorry I canít link on my iPad
    Not 100% confidence, the 100% means 100% of the predictions are for K-State. Seeing as there is only one prediction -- made by an Arizona insider -- then whatever he picked would get the 100% label. I have no idea where Mark ends up, but this is just one guy making a guess.

That said, KSt is a perfectly reasonable landing spot and a team that has a really nice coach in Jerome Tang. Mark would slot in nicely next to forward Arthur Kaluma.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

On3: Duke transfer forward Mark Mitchell, former 5-star, commits to Missouri

Duke transfer forward Mark Mitchell is officially off the board and has committed to the Mizzou Tigers and head coach Dennis Gates, he told On3...

Missouri was one of Mitchellís finalists coming out of high school, along with UCLA, before ultimately choosing Duke.
    markmitchellmizzou.jpg

He definitely wonít have any trouble getting minutes there. They might let him coach the team if he asks politely.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    He definitely wonít have any trouble getting minutes there. They might let him coach the team if he asks politely.
    And Mitchell can wear #25

Interesting choice. Missouri was 0-18 in conference play last year, with a veteran team. Guess playing time won't be an issue. Team shot 32% from three, so maybe Mark can help there, at least a little.

Hope he works on his shot in the offseason.

Best of luck to him. Loved watching him on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Interesting choice. Missouri was 0-18 in conference play last year, with a veteran team. Guess playing time won't be an issue. Team shot 32% from three, so maybe Mark can help there, at least a little.

Hope he works on his shot in the offseason.

Best of luck to him. Loved watching him on defense.

Just a really odd transfer. They are horrible. To go from an Elite 8 team to that is wild.

Quote Originally Posted by jamos14 View Post
    Just a really odd transfer. They are horrible. To go from an Elite 8 team to that is wild.
    Musta showed him the money. Lots of it.

I think it shows that Mark cared absolutely 0 about the quality of basketball surrounding him and is 100% about more profile for himself.

Or dude just wanted to be close to home and KState/Kansas didn't have a spot for him.
    Pratt '09, Grad '10

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by ecs15 View Post
    Or dude just wanted to be close to home and KState/Kansas didn't have a spot for him.
    That's the way it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    That's the way it seems to me.
    K State didn't offer him?

Basketball Isnít football. A few Mark Mitchellís, and Missouri is competitive.

I donít know why some of us feel a need to apply all sorts of moral weight to these decisionsóespecially when we truly donít know what goes into the thought process. I can guess, for example, that Mark made this decision early in the season, and that the public conflict with his father was somehow related, but nobodyís telling me nothing directly.

Anyway, hereís a thoughtful piece about what heís going to bring to Missouri, along with a breakdown of his troubled outside shot and a few comments about the downside to entering the ďDuke one-and-done factory.Ē

https://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-b...uke-commitment

I get it. Close to home. Immediate playing time and high high HIGH usage rate. The team will be built around him.

But that’s what it is isn’t it? Some parents just prefer to see their child put up numbers even if it means they don’t win basketball games or are in contention for trophies.

Is mark going to be a first round pick if he puts up 18 and 8 on a Missouri team that’s never on tv and probably won’t make the tourney? To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    I donít know why some of us feel a need to apply all sorts of moral weight to these decisionsóespecially when we truly donít know what goes into the thought process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post

But thatís what it is isnít it? Some parents just prefer to see their child put up numbers even if it means they donít win basketball games or are in contention for trophies.
    The juxtaposition of these comments was amusing to me.

very odd transfer to me

I get the being close to home but he was (probably too highly) rated as the 13th best transfer in the whole portal. I am sure he had his pick of suitors. Even if they unpacked a ton of money i think there is a real chance that they are a legitimately bad team. Mark has 2 years left and i'm sure he wants to make some money somewhere after school playing basketball. I'm not sure playing 2 years for a bad team optimizes his chances. That said, Mark i really enjoyed watching you and really wish you well. Go prove me wrong young man.

A guy who shot 27% from three last year might actually be an offensive upgrade for a team that went winless against conference opponents for the first time since 1908.

Thatís how bad Missouri was. 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I think it shows that Mark cared absolutely 0 about the quality of basketball surrounding him and is 100% about more profile for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Some parents just prefer to see their child put up numbers even if it means they donít win basketball games or are in contention for trophies.

Is mark going to be a first round pick if he puts up 18 and 8 on a Missouri team thatís never on tv and probably wonít make the tourney? To each their own.
    Ironic that some critics accuse Mark of being a money-grubbing mercenary. Then others call him an idiot because he won't be drafted as high and therefore will make less money. And gosh, let's crucify the kid because he doesn't want to have to scrap for every minute of playing time on a team with Flagg at the 4, and Evans, Harris and Kneuppel at the 3, and chasing Brown (successfully) and Gillis (and it's chicken and egg--we don't know if they pursued the transfers then Mark left or vice versa). Selfish brat.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Basketball Isnít football. A few Mark Mitchellís, and Missouri is competitive.

I donít know why some of us feel a need to apply all sorts of moral weight to these decisionsóespecially when we truly donít know what goes into the thought process. I can guess, for example, that Mark made this decision early in the season, and that the public conflict with his father was somehow related, but nobodyís telling me nothing directly.

Anyway, hereís a thoughtful piece about what heís going to bring to Missouri, along with a breakdown of his troubled outside shot and a few comments about the downside to entering the ďDuke one-and-done factory.Ē

https://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-b...uke-commitment
    Thanks first for your post and the link. That piece is an extremely thoughtful analysis of Mark, with some great video showing his defensive strengths. We will miss that!

None of us know what led Mark to make the choice he did. He's a 20 year old kid trying to navigate the world, his parents, his life. He's totally entitled to seek more money, more playing time, less pressure, to live closer to home. The gracious thing is to be grateful for what he gave us for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by clinresga View Post
    Ironic that some critics accuse Mark of being a money-grubbing mercenary. Then others call him an idiot because he won't be drafted as high and therefore will make less money. And gosh, let's crucify the kid because he doesn't want to have to scrap for every minute of playing time on a team with Flagg at the 4, and Evans, Harris and Kneuppel at the 3, and chasing Brown (successfully) and Gillis (and it's chicken and egg--we don't know if they pursued the transfers then Mark left or vice versa). Selfish brat.

Thanks first for your post and the link. That piece is an extremely thoughtful analysis of Mark, with some great video showing his defensive strengths. We will miss that!

None of us know what led Mark to make the choice he did. He's a 20 year old kid trying to navigate the world, his parents, his life. He's totally entitled to seek more money, more playing time, less pressure, to live closer to home. The gracious thing is to be grateful for what he gave us for two years.
    Mostly agree, but can we stop calling 20-year-old men kids?

It seems to me that it is more equitable to say that he is a fully grown 20-year-old man, and that, as such, he is allowed to make whatever decisions he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Mostly agree, but can we stop calling 20-year-old men kids?

It seems to me that it is more equitable to say that he is a fully grown 20-year-old man, and that, as such, he is allowed to make whatever decisions he wants.
    Geez, I consider anyone under 50 a kid.