Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Mark Mitchell transfers to Missouri

And it is official, Mitchell has entered the transfer portal.

https://www.instagram.com/mark.mitchell25/

I consider his interview with Ryan Young to be epic. Questioning Wilt's 100 pt. game, etc., with his wide smile. He's just a good guy and if he stays in the portal, I will miss him and wish him all the luck in the world.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Here's a link for those without an Instagram: https://www.on3.com/college/duke-blu...ansfer-portal/

This makes me sad, but was probably inevitable... how quickly we forget the "drama" earlier this season when his Dad made some interesting statements on Twitter. I really hope that, as a fanbase, we support Mark wherever he ends up (as long as he isn't playing Duke!) and remember him for the tremendous positive impacts he made during his two years in a Duke uniform, rather than hyper-focusing on the limitations in his game that often drove the conversation.

There's an alternate timeline where Mark never tweaks his knee before the Tennessee game last year. I'm not sure what happens in that timeline, but something tells me it was more good things for both Mark and Duke.

Mark, thank you for your two years in Durham, and go kick butt at your next stop!
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I feel confident he's gonna light it up for someone else. Pain.
    Pratt '09, Grad '10

I am not at all surprised. We need shooting at the 3 next year and we've got two great candidates in Evans and Power if only 1-2 of our guards return.

I wish Mark all the best. He played his heart out for Duke. I think if he can develop a reliable outside shot, we will see him in the NBA one day.

Ok, this makes me feel really good about both Stewart and Power returning. That's the silver lining in this news.

Very disappointing. These are the type of guys we need to stay to have a title opportunity.

Sad but this was probably best for all involved. Any guesses on what kind of program he ends up at? Thank you for your contributions, Mark.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    Sad but this was probably best for all involved. Any guesses on what kind of program he ends up at? Thank you for your contributions, Mark.
    I have to imagine he'll be amongst the most coveted wings in the portal. He performed at a high level for two years at Duke, arguably in a system that wasn't the best fit for his talents. He should flourish at the high major level in the right fit, and I'm gonna be rooting for him to do so.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    Very disappointing. These are the type of guys we need to stay to have a title opportunity.

Eh - I don't know how well he would fit on the team next year. And if he stayed other guys were def going into the portal.

I still think MM has the potential to be Draymond Green without the drama. I am sad we won’t get to see that at Duke but hope it does happen for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Eh - I don't know how well he would fit on the team next year. And if he stayed other guys were def going into the portal.
    warning, hot take: Mark not fitting would suggest issue with roster construction
    Pratt '09, Grad '10

Pretty much expected. His role next year would've been the same or even less involved. To make it to the NBA he has to show some sort of offensive game which he hasn't at Duke. Hope he does well wherever he ends up. He always gave his all for Duke even when he knew he was going to get no plays run for him offensively. Never complained as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by ecs15 View Post
    warning, hot take: Mark not fitting would suggest issue with roster construction
    Mark gave us two good years as a starter. But he is not a great fit for next year with Flagg coming in. That might be a problem if we didn't have guys like Stewart, Power and Evans ready to step up.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm going to miss his energy. He always somewhere on the court, and could be a menace for other teams on defense. (And in the paint offensively.)

Best wishes to him.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Best wishes, Mark! Thanks for your two years at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    I am not at all surprised. We need shooting at the 3 next year and we've got two great candidates in Evans and Power if only 1-2 of our guards return.

I wish Mark all the best. He played his heart out for Duke. I think if he can develop a reliable outside shot, we will see him in the NBA one day.

Ok, this makes me feel really good about both Stewart and Power returning. That's the silver lining in this news.
    Stewart for sure.

thanks to mark for all he's given to duke.....best of luck to you, young man...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

His other considerations out of high school were Kansas Missouri Arkansas and Ucla.

https://247sports.com/player/mark-mi...school-266991/

I could see Kansas being a fit here. Godspeed, Mark, and thanks for two good years.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up at Houston. They tend to go for guys who are tough physical defenders with flawed offensive games.

Best of luck, Mark. Thanks for giving us two solid years. You made a real difference in a good number of games. Hope you find real success wherever you land.