Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thanks again mkirsh

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    CNC with the 1-2 exacta and no players missing the cut - impressive!
    I think I speak for all of us by thanking you again for setting this up and getting the calculations up. This is a most enjoyable experience for me, even when my golfers are terrible.
    r

Congrats CNC! So what's for dinner next year?

I said on the PGA thread a month ago "It's Scottie's world right now, everyone else is just playing in it.", but I didn't have the sense to pick him.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Congratulations CNC!
    Bob Green

Congratulations on the win, CrazyNotCrazy!

Thanks to mkirsh for putting this together again.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Congrats CNC! Picking Ludvig Aberg was solid and put you over the top.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Thanks everyone! Most importantly, thank you to mirsh for organizing - I really enjoy participating in this and greatly appreciate all of your efforts. I am not as passionate nor as knowledgeable about golf as most of the rest of you, so I enjoy learning from you all, and it makes it more exciting. My kids were a bit puzzled yesterday about why I was rooting so hard for Aberg to keep second place.

Looking forward to hosting past champs at next year's dinner. Still working on the menu. Likely some combo of grandma's matzah ball soup (since Passover is around the corner), pizza from my hometown spot in NJ, BBQ from Bullocks and something chocolate. Put everyone in a major food coma and it will help me to repeat!

Thanks again. Looking forward to the next tournament!

Congratulations CNC and a special thanks to mirsh for your work on this each major.

Congratulations Crazy Not Crazy,, A pretty awesome team.

Thank you mirsh for the work behind the scene

I've just been notified by mirsh, that because of my showing at the Masters , I'll be required to qualify for the US Open at the Myrtle Beach Classic May 9-12.

I echo everyone else in both the congrats to CNC (getting the top two finishers and having everyone make the cut is really impressive work!) and to mkirsh for all the work in keeping this ship afloat.

Really enjoy doing this every year, so thanks again mkirsh!

More echoes. Great work, CNC! And thanks to mkirsh for the real work!

Note to self: pick Scottie Scheffler, please. He costs a lot but usually delivers. And don't pick Rory at the Masters.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Thanks, mkirsh. These are fun, even for bottom-feeders

A big shout out to Scheffler's better half as well. Keeping that baby in utero long enough for him to win the Master's!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    A big shout out to Scheffler's better half as well. Keeping that baby in utero long enough for him to win the Master's!
    LOL. My family was debating at what point does he say forget it and stick around - if he got the call when he was on 15 on Sunday and very likely to win, would he bail on the final three holes, the green jacket and millions of dollars and head out of town? I also wasn't clear on where she is so how far he had to go.

I believe she isn't due for a few weeks so his odds were decent (my oldest was born two weeks early and I know many preemies so I know the drill) - I think the other golfer with a pregnant wife (I forget who) is due in the next few days.

Congrats to CNC and thanks to Mirsh.

I am disappointed by my team. If this was LIV, I would take away some oil money for their poor performance. How could Hovland, Clark, Rahm and Koepka combine for only $114k? I think even winning the remaining majors, team NMDuke likely cannot win the season title.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Congrats to CNC and thanks to Mirsh.

I am disappointed by my team. If this was LIV, I would take away some oil money for their poor performance. How could Hovland, Clark, Rahm and Koepka combine for only $114k? I think even winning the remaining majors, team NMDuke likely cannot win the season title.
    Don't be dissing Hovland. He has not gone to LIV. Nor has Clark.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Looking forward to hosting past champs at next year's dinner. Still working on the menu. Likely some combo of grandma's matzah ball soup (since Passover is around the corner), pizza from my hometown spot in NJ, BBQ from Bullocks and something chocolate. Put everyone in a major food coma and it will help me to repeat!
    I'm guessing/hoping from Arturo's (now Artie's).
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm guessing/hoping from Arturo's (now Artie's).
    Oh my, was Arturo's too ethnic?

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Oh my, was Arturo's too ethnic?
    No, it was a marketing move

Since 2007, Arturo’s has been serving {removed for CNC's privacy} + its surrounding towns delicious wood-fired pizza one could only find in New Jersey. Nearly 16 years later, this local staple is relocating ...to a “slightly bigger, interesting old body shop with lots of character” in town — but a geographic change isn’t the only one underway. Arturo’s will be rebranding to “Artie’s” and is merging with local bakery The Bread Stand to become an all-day eatery.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Don't be dissing Hovland. He has not gone to LIV. Nor has Clark.
    I said, IF this was LIV.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I said, IF this was LIV.
    Misunderstood. I thought you were lumping them all together as underperforming LIV golfers in Augusta.