Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DUKE and ACC - transfer or NBA

If you all don't mind can we have a thread just for DUKE and any ACC transfers or NBA leaving?

So just for us and just for the ACC. This would help me keep up wtih the ones I care most about. And hope to see UNC lose an extra !!!

***Also those that are known as absolutely gone:

Duke - Ryan Young

UNC - Bacot and Cormac Ryan

Clemson - Hall ? It appears Hall (!) and Schiefflin could return. Schiefflin for sure is a junior. Vastly improved. Hall may test the NBA but it looks like he has a year left? Unfortunately it appears Chase Hunter and Girard are gone? is that right?

State - ?
    Last edited by gofurman; 04-02-2024 at 05:47 PM.

thanks for letting me have this thread.

so ANYTHING ACC here. Any team. I am sure it will be a lot !!

Here is a good site I have linked to in the past that keeps track of eligibility...

https://verbalcommits.com/schools/duke

You can click on each school and see in the "Senior" column who no longer has elgibility:

BC: Post
    Clemson: Girard, Hunter, Clark, Hemenway, Layte
    Duke: Ryan Y.
    FSU: Green, Nickelberry, Gainey
    GT: Sturdivant, Murphy
    Louisville: None
    Miami: None
    Notre Dame: None
    NC State: Horne, Morsell, Burns
    UNC: Ryan, Bacot, Wojcik
    Pitt: Hinson
    Syracuse: None
    UVA: Groves, Minor
    VT: Catoor, Long
    Wake: None

Syracuse has landed Colorado transfer Eddie Lampkin. Wide bodied center played 3 years at TCU first. Effectively uses that big body inside and has been an important piece on some pretty good teams. Good get for Autry and the Orange.

For some reason UNC fans think PJ Hall is transferring to play for them next season

Is there a thread for Burns to the Globetrotters?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    For some reason UNC fans think PJ Hall is transferring to play for them next season
    This would be on brand - they seem to take advantage of players from other conference schools who have been developed and proven themselves somewhere else. Like Cam Johnson and Cormac Ryan.

I hope PJ has other ideas.

KEEPING ALL DUKE AND ACC HERE for one thread:

Duke. Christian Reeves hits the Portal

Pitt. Carrington declares for draft and sounds like he will stay in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    This would be on brand - they seem to take advantage of players from other conference schools who have been developed and proven themselves somewhere else. Like Cam Johnson and Cormac Ryan.

I hope PJ has other ideas.
    so PJ has another year of eligibility? is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    I believe he has a 5th (Covid) year of eligibility, should he choose to take it. However, he tested the NBA draft waters last year, after his junior year. So I assume he will declare for the draft this year as well, if he gets good feedback from the NBA.

I have no idea what his NBA prospects are, but he’s a great college player, so I really hope the Heels don’t get him.

Yes, Hall was a true senior like Roach this year. So he has his COVID year left.

But there is a good chance he goes to the NBA. Or even stays at Clemson, where he is the big man on campus and just made an Elite-8.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yes, Hall was a true senior like Roach this year. So he has his COVID year left.

But there is a good chance he goes to the NBA. Or even stays at Clemson, where he is the big man on campus and just made an Elite-8.
    I wish him well. Clemson (!) or NBA.. NOT UNC. Why would you leave Clemson for UNC? $$ I guess.

Is that why Cormac Ryan went to UNC yall think?

IF IF IF Clemson retains Halla.. and Schiefflin (who was really improved) all they really need is a strong guard transfer in addition to the maturation of the guards they have. Hemenway was hurt this year. A shooter. only played 5 games. Not sure if he could get a redshirt if he wanted one? But any good gaurd to replace some of Chase Hunter and Girard and they are a top tier ACC team again. Just the high low of Hall and Schiefflin is a great start.

depends if Hall goes I guess.

Keeping ACC here

State is getting Huntley Hatfield, 6-10 PF from the cardinals. He's a big body that has, according to stats, been developing a bit of a 3pt shot. Top rebounder for Louisville. Second leading scorer. Good get

Miami picked up the kid from ECU. Dont know this one

Syracuse got a big body in the Colorado center Eddie Lampkin

————

Separately. Skyy Clark would be a great get for Duke from Louisville. I think

Top Louisville scorer. 6’3”” rising junior. 13 pts a game. Hung 36 on State !

Skyy Clark is headed to UCLA.

As said elsewhere. Louisville got the JMU kid. Top player
    From JMU. really good

What’s his name

As said elsewhere. Louisville got the JMU kid. Top player
    From JMU. really good

What’s his name
    Terrence Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Terrence Edwards
    I believe that's "Fat."

good and bad - eligibility for more of Clemson than I thought...

Girard is the only one def gone.

The Tigers also await decisions by
    PJ Hall,
    Chase Hunter,
    Jack Clark and
    Alex Hemenway
    to see if they will return for another season or leave. If any departs or other players enter the portal, it will open the door for Clemson to add transfers.

That's a lot of talent. If they can keep Hall or Hunter with Schiefflin they will be decent to good. the best players they had were PJ Hall, Girard shooting, Schiefflin doing blue collar rebounding and 10 pts a game, and later in year Chase hunter became a strong PG. Hemenway was a good shooter and was hurt this year so he could petition to return. Clark became a decent defender

the article quotes Hall as saying I like it here but don't want to "overstay" hmm. I don't think Brownell would call it overstaying lol

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...a6ae93e4&ei=30

Trimble averaged 17.1 minutes per game this season, nearly double his total as a true freshman. Trimble also increased his scoring to 5.2 points per game and made 13 of his 31 three-point attempts (41.9 percent).

Trimble in portal for UNC.

Man, I keep trying to make this the thread about ACC lol

COPIED FROM BREVITY: thanks.

Tuesday, April 9, there are 1,534 players listed by Verbal Commits, and every ACC+3 team has at least one player in the transfer portal.

Boston College (4): Prince Aligbe, Claudell Harris Jr, Mason Madsen, Jaeden Zackery

California (7): Devin Askew, Monty Bowser, Rodney Brown Jr, Jalen Celestine, Grant Newell, ND Okafor, Wrenn Robinson

Clemson (2): Joshua Beadle, Jack Clark

Duke (2): Mark Mitchell Jr, Christian Reeves

Florida State (6): Cameron Corhen, De'Ante Green, Tom House, Waka Mbatch, Baba Miller, Amir Spears

Georgia Tech (4): Amaree Abram, Tyzhaun Claude, Dallan Coleman, Ebenezer Dowuona

Louisville (12): Skyy Clark, Koron Davis, Dennis Evans, Kaleb Glenn, Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, Mike James, Ty-Laur Johnson, Danilo Jovanovich, Emmanuel Okorafor, JJ Traynor, Tre White, Curtis Williams

Miami (6): AJ Casey, Nick Cassano, Bensley Joseph, Michael Nwoko, Jakai Robinson, Christian Watson

NC State (1): LJ Thomas

North Carolina (1): James Okonkwo, Seth Trimble

Notre Dame (3): Carey Booth, Alex Wade, Matt Zona

Pittsburgh (2): Federiko Federiko, William Jeffress

SMU (3): Xavier Foster, Jefferson Koulibaly, Mo Njie

Stanford (5): Brandon Angel, Kanaan Carlyle, Max Murrell, Maxime Reynaud, Andrej Stojaković

Syracuse (4): Maliq Brown, Peter Carey, Quadir Copeland, Justin Taylor

Virginia (1): Leon Bond III

Virginia Tech (7): John Camden, MJ Collins, Lynn Kidd, Tyler Nickel, Sean Pedulla, Mylyjael Poteat, Rodney Rice

Wake Forest (6): Aaron Clark, Jao Ituka, Zach Keller, Matthew Marsh, Kevin Miller, Damari Monsanto