Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    https://www.axios.com/2024/03/31/nca...-tickets-clark

Good to see so much interest in the women’s final 4. Of course some of the ticket pricing due to 73k capacity for men’s and less than 20k for women’s final 4.
    I mean sure but are they actually selling the 73k capacity? My understanding is they usually aren’t, even if the amount of supply is higher than for the women’s tourney.

I think Harper would be a great hire for a lot of programs. Katie retired so long ago (after ACC Tourney) that I forgot Miami was open. They obviously didn't move fast to make a hire, I think that would be a great match.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I think Harper would be a great hire for a lot of programs. Katie retired so long ago (after ACC Tourney) that I forgot Miami was open. They obviously didn't move fast to make a hire, I think that would be a great match.
    Doesn't Miami have someone kind of in waiting? I gotta wonder if VT is talking with Harper; I would. They might be worried about her "success" at Tennessee, though.
    Someone with Duke ties that I'd love to see as a HC somewhere is Joy Smith (Cheek). She's got TONS of assistant experience. Currently she's at Clemson, and with them having a new coach (Shawn Poppie) she might not keep that job.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Doesn't Miami have someone kind of in waiting? I gotta wonder if VT is talking with Harper; I would. They might be worried about her "success" at Tennessee, though.
    Someone with Duke ties that I'd love to see as a HC somewhere is Joy Smith (Cheek). She's got TONS of assistant experience. Currently she's at Clemson, and with them having a new coach (Shawn Poppie) she might not keep that job.
    VT ‘hired Marquette’s coach earlier today (Megan Duffy.)

joySmith’s LinkedIn account already indicated she was not being retained byClems0n.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    VT ‘hired Marquette’s coach earlier today (Megan Duffy.)

joySmith’s LinkedIn account already indicated she was not being retained byClems0n.
    Zoom Zoom.
    No program can be idle about coaching hires these days, especially not one in Virginia Tech's position where losing a prime time coach equals your portal flood gates opening.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Sarah Strong is playing on ESPNU right now in something called the Chipotle Nationals. Lots of teams playing but you'll have to pick two or three sides. Which one will bring home the chip?

I expect Sarah to announce next Tuesday or Wednesday. I think her mind is made up but she doesn't want to interfere with the Final Four and the semis are tomorrow (and men's final Monday). I read somewhere that she wanted to announce at her school, which will take a little planning (I'm sure espnU wants to cover it live), so we should hear the day and time very soon.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

I expect Sarah to announce next Tuesday or Wednesday. I think her mind is made up but she doesn't want to interfere with the Final Four and the semis are tomorrow (and men's final Monday). I read somewhere that she wanted to announce at her school, which will take a little planning (I'm sure espnU wants to cover it live), so we should hear the day and time very soon.
    What's your guess as to her choice?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    What's your guess as to her choice?
    Duke all the way, baby!!!

More seriously, I've done several posts on my reasoning, including a pretty long one a couple of weeks ago. Short answer: uNC is a bit of a mess, has underperformed the past few years, and when down to South Carolina just quit. Whereas we got down to UConn and battled back. Re UConn, Geno has at most 1 more year left. I'd honestly be shocked if he goes 2, he'll leave with Bueckers. Why would Sarah go not knowing who her coach would be a year from now?

We've had 2 straight top-5 recruiting classes, have out-performed expectations the last 2 years, and have a young charismatic coach. Sarah says academics are important. To me it's obvious.

Duke all the way, baby!!!

More seriously, I've done several posts on my reasoning, including a pretty long one a couple of weeks ago. Short answer: uNC is a bit of a mess, has underperformed the past few years, and when down to South Carolina just quit. Whereas we got down to UConn and battled back. Re UConn, Geno has at most 1 more year left. I'd honestly be shocked if he goes 2, he'll leave with Bueckers. Why would Sarah go not knowing who her coach would be a year from now?

We've had 2 straight top-5 recruiting classes, have out-performed expectations the last 2 years, and have a young charismatic coach. Sarah says academics are important. To me it's obvious.
    Let's hope she thinks like you. I'm afraid she will decode she can save the heels.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Let's hope she thinks like you. I'm afraid she will decode she can save the heels.
    I think she is smarter than that . But yes, I'm just a scientist reading the tea leaves...which is a bit of a contradiction, I'll admit.

Haley Van Lith is in the portal. Again. Ha!

Apparently Kenny Brooks is taking half the Virginia Tech team with him to Kentucky...well, at least anyone with potential. Another example of the consequences of the portal no-sit rule. It screams for reform.

Apparently Kenny Brooks is taking half the Virginia Tech team with him to Kentucky...well, at least anyone with potential. Another example of the consequences of the portal no-sit rule. It screams for reform.
    Yeah that just feels gross. Many industries try to use non-competes to prevent this type of thing but it seems they are hard to enforce. Welcome to the Wild West!

Georgia Amoore is one of them. How shocking!

It's a good thing for everyone that's not a grad transfer that their credits transfer so easily. One of those is Clara Strack, VT's freshman 6-5 center.

Miami gets their girl. Tricia Cullop from the University of Toledo. One of the best mid-majors, we've played them the past 2 years.

https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-final...003440025.html

Miami gets their girl. Tricia Cullop from the University of Toledo. One of the best mid-majors, we've played them the past 2 years.

Cullop was at Toledo for 16 seasons, winning 353 games — and going 86-17 in the last three years. The Rockets went to the NCAA Tournament twice in Cullop's tenure.
    That's impressive in both her record and her tenure. Her and Meier have to be very close in age, so they sure weren't shooting for youth. (Just looked, 52 to Meier's 56, so neither are "old")

She looks like a good get. Welcome to the ACC, look forward to beating you!

This was definitely the time to go. Toledo has a senior-laden roster topped with MAC Players of the Year Quinesha Lockett (2022-2023) and Sophia Wiard (2023-2024), both of whom have completed eligibility. The other starters (Sammi Mikonowicz, Khera Goss, Nan Garcia) have a fifth year available and could follow Coach Cullop to Miami if they so chose. According to The Next, freshman Bella Swedlund (DNP) and senior reserve Soleil Barnes are already in the portal.

Mitchell Northam on Twitter is reporting that multiple sources have confirmed that Kara is NOT leaving Duke. She did not interview with Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    This was definitely the time to go.
    But she'll miss the Mud Hens' season.