Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs15 View Post
    I've been reading Tennessee message boards all morning and I think they would be disappointed if they ended up hiring Kara. I think there's a real desire to go outside the alum base and take a swing on Ivey (ND) or Gottlieb (USC).

Danny White, the Tennessee AD, has a great track record of coach hiring: while at Buffalo, he hired Nate Oats and Lance Leipold, and obviously the Vols are very happy with their current football coach.
    I too have gone down the deep, dark rabbit hole that is Tennessee message boards. I agree that they would be disappointed if they hired Kara and I have learned the following: in addition to someone randomly complimenting Joni Taylor's skincare regimen, there is a secret "back up the Brinks truck candidate" somewhere that they intend to make the highest paid coach in WBB - many are speculating it is either Hammon or Staley. Someone posted a picture of a person walking in downtown Knoxville and claimed it was Mulkey - upon further inspection, it was agreed that it was just a blonde woman at lunch.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I've been reading Tennessee message boards all morning and I think they would be disappointed if they ended up hiring Kara. I think there's a real desire to go outside the alum base and take a swing on Ivey (ND) or Gottlieb (USC).

Danny White, the Tennessee AD, has a great track record of coach hiring: while at Buffalo, he hired Nate Oats and Lance Leipold, and obviously the Vols are very happy with their current football coach.
    I've seen Ivey brought up, too. Can you imagine? Two top ACC programs losing their coach to the SEC in a span of a couple weeks?

I agree with the fans that they need to look away from Rocky Top. Been there, done that twice now, and as far as they're concerned they were both misses. Of course that track record of seeing "success" as failure will be something any new hire is looking at. If I were one of those "top shelf" hires that White was hoping for, I'd be looking very hard at where I'm currently at and realizing how good I've likely got it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsecondsaway View Post
    I too have gone down the deep, dark rabbit hole that is Tennessee message boards.
    I tried, but they are all paywalled (and oddly organized). Makes one appreciate what we've got here.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

We have a great coach in the pipeline for either the men's or the women's team, if she has any interest

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1775267503352205459

The tweet reads:
    Stockton Kings coach Lindsey Harding is the G League’s Coach of the Year. In her first season, the Kings (24-10) had the league’s best record. Stockton is the Western Conference’s top playoff seed
    Pratt '09, Grad '10

Speaking of coaches with ties to Duke, Lindsey Harding just won the award for g league coach of the year. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1775267503352205459

This feels a bit like Steve Spurrier being called back to Florida.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

We have a great coach in the pipeline for either the men's or the women's team, if she has any interest

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1775267503352205459

The tweet reads:
    Stockton Kings coach Lindsey Harding is the G League’s Coach of the Year. In her first season, the Kings (24-10) had the league’s best record. Stockton is the Western Conference’s top playoff seed
    I think she has her sights on the NBA at this point.

Here you go. Interview with Sarah today (with some guy named Cooper Flagg ). She says she'll announce in "a few days, a few weeks" so she may make us wait a bit. Freudian slip at 5:30? "Somewhere close to home...", but then she covers herself. By all accounts a good kid, hope she's happy wherever she goes.

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Both of them looked absolutely thrilled to have to talk to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Both of them looked absolutely thrilled to have to talk to that guy.
    This one is a little more fun, and more informational, from NBAToday. It's only the first 3 minutes of the clip. Sarah says she'll make her decision in a week or so, North Carolina BBQ is better than Maine Lobster Rolls, and NC beaches are better than Maine beaches. So she's coming to Duke. Because Sarah, if you're listening (reading), I left NC 35 years ago and I still miss the BBQ. I've been all over the country, no other food matches it.

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

I don't see any box score on-line for the Women's McD game, but Sarah Strong had three 3's in the 1st Quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    This one is a little more fun, and more informational, from NBAToday. It's only the first 3 minutes of the clip. Sarah says she'll make her decision in a week or so, North Carolina BBQ is better than Maine Lobster Rolls, and NC beaches are better than Maine beaches. So she's coming to Duke. Because Sarah, if you're listening (reading), I left NC 35 years ago and I still miss the BBQ. I've been all over the country, no other food matches it.

Much better, ha! It sounds like she's waiting for the season to be over for everyone, which makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I don't see any box score on-line for the Women's McD game, but Sarah Strong had three 3's in the 1st Quarter.
    Box score is in PDF download on this page.
    https://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com...resources.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ladeeeda View Post
    Box score is in PDF download on this page.
    https://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com...resources.html
    Looks like Sarah had a pretty good game. Can't really say the same thing about Ari Roberson, unfortunately.

Hardly anyone likes the format of the women's tourney these past two years, and not many were in love with it prior. With the continued popularity of the sport, thanks to true stars like Clark, Reese, Bueckers, Watkins, and others making it much more prominent, there has been a rising call for change.
    There was a scheduled review after the 2025 season, but that might be moving up. Hopefully it is.

"Given the trajectory of success we've experienced over the last couple years, I see no reason to wait to start that review," Holzman told ESPN on Tuesday afternoon. "The governance structure has to approve [a review], but that is our ask coming out of this championship. I believe that will take place."

A change in format for the first rounds could potentially help avoid logistical problems such as the ones that occurred at the games hosted by Gonzaga in the first two rounds of this year's tournament. A lack of available hotel space forced multiple teams competing in Spokane, Washington, to stay more than 30 miles from the Gonzaga campus in Couer D'Alene, Idaho. While in Idaho, members of the Utah basketball team were harassed by men flying Confederate flags in their truck and yelling racist slurs.
    https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...changes-summer

Wow. Y'know I'm on the record here saying I think Kara intends to build through recruiting. But we're still not there yet and there is a lot of interesting talent entering the portal. DWBB is on the radar more than it has been in a long time, so some might be interested in playing for Kara. She knows what she wants and it will be interesting to see if she pursues anyone. I'm sure it comes down to fit more than statistics.

Another hometown article about the UT search and Kara isn't even mentioned. Granted, it's just a reporter, but he's there in Knoxville and probably knows more than any of us. If UT starts striking out, I don't picture Kara as wanting to be someone's, even her alma mater's, 4th or 5th choice.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...l/73168383007/

I'm really not too worried about this anymore. UT probably thinks they can do better than Kara, that she's still unproven. I think they are wrong, but am glad they think so.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Another hometown article about the UT search and Kara isn't even mentioned. Granted, it's just a reporter, but he's there in Knoxville and probably knows more than any of us. If UT starts striking out, I don't picture Kara as wanting to be someone's, even her alma mater's, 4th or 5th choice.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...l/73168383007/

I'm really not too worried about this anymore. UT probably thinks they can do better than Kara, that she's still unproven. I think they are wrong, but am glad they think so.
    I'm with you on the bolded. This is not the first article I've seen Gettlieb tossed out in. If I were her, I'd tell them thanks but no thanks, I'm enjoying my thing in California coaching my #1 player. (And playing in a better league than the SEC, at least for the near future.)

Per my above post, nothing spurs on change like a lot of cash.

The average price paid for a ticket on the resale market this week was twice as high for the women's NCAA Final Four compared with that for the men's semifinals, according to a technology company that analyzes prices across multiple platforms.

The average price of a ticket sold to the women's semifinals was $2,323; the average sale price for the men's was $1,001.21, Logitix reported Wednesday.
    https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ble-price-mens

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Per my above post, nothing spurs on change like a lot of cash.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...ble-price-mens
    https://www.axios.com/2024/03/31/nca...-tickets-clark

Good to see so much interest in the women’s final 4. Of course some of the ticket pricing due to 73k capacity for men’s and less than 20k for women’s final 4.