NCAA adds insult to injury, announces change to eligibility rules

NCAA Extends Athlete Eligibility, Paving Way for Bacot's Return to UNC

**Chapel Hill, NC (April 1, 2024):** The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) announced today a landmark decision to extend eligibility for all athletes, allowing them to compete for an additional year beyond their current four-year eligibility period. This decision has significant implications for college sports, particularly for standout basketball player Armando Bacot of the North Carolina Tar Heels.

Bacot, a junior forward who led the Tar Heels to the National Championship game this past season, is now eligible to return to UNC for at least one more year. This news comes as a welcome surprise for Tar Heels fans, who witnessed Bacot's outstanding performance throughout the season. He averaged a double-double with 16.3 points and 13.1 rebounds per game, establishing himself as a dominant force in college basketball.

"We are thrilled that Armando has the opportunity to continue his career at UNC," said Head Coach Hubert Davis in a statement. "He is an exceptional player and leader both on and off the court, and his presence will be invaluable to our team."

Bacot himself expressed his excitement about the NCAA's decision and his eagerness to rejoin his teammates. "I'm incredibly grateful for the chance to play another year at UNC," he said. "This program means so much to me, and I can't wait to strive for another championship with my brothers."

The NCAA's decision to extend eligibility opens the door for other players across various sports to continue their collegiate careers. While the specific details and potential limitations of the extended eligibility program are still being finalized, it represents a significant shift in the landscape of college athletics. The NCAA is also considering further extending eligibility in the future, potentially allowing athletes to compete for up to six years.

This move could have major long-term implications for athletes, universities, and the overall competitive landscape of college sports. It will be interesting to see how individual programs and athletes navigate this new era of extended eligibility, and what impact it will have on the future of college athletics.
    Press conference of the announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Press conference of the announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Thank goodness you added today's date at the bottom.

That video, OMG, what is that?! Is that the singer's real voice? He looks 14, lol.

What's next? NC State men's and women's team both make the final four? Nice try... Even if every news outlet reported it this morning... I can see the date! Not falling for it.

9f

Nice one, PackMan97! Great game by your boys last night once again. Will be rooting for them the rest of the way!

Classic!

Wait, is it March 32nd already? or or maybe

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    What's next? NC State men's and women's team both make the final four? Nice try... Even if every news outlet reported it this morning... I can see the date! Not falling for it.

9f
    So how are you planning to celebrate after State wins national championships in both menís and womenís basketball this season? 🏆

Do tell! 🎉

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Someone had to make this joke. I wanted to but you are much more talented. Thanks.