Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889
Results 1,761 to 1,774 of 1774
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    If you're the sort of person who would walk up to Mark Mitchell on campus and call him out for leaving Duke, I guess that's fine.
    I wouldn’t walk up to him but if he walked up to me and asked me for my opinion, I would certainly tell him the truth that I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    My whole point was simply to take exception to the idea you proposed that a Duke player who transfers out — and then is later contemplating attempting to come back — would be dissuaded based on comments made by DBR posters..
    And if they are dissuaded by the ruthlessness of DBR, they’ll be in for a rude awakening the first time they open up their new school’s fan message board after a subpar game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Okay, that’s fine. But not sure how that relates to me. Or did you just direct your comments at me for no particular reason? Because it’s not like I’m DBR’s primary former-Duke-player-disparager. I’ve barely commented at all about transfers. 🤷

My whole point was simply to take exception to the idea you proposed that a Duke player who transfers out — and then is later contemplating attempting to come back — would be dissuaded based on comments made by DBR posters. I just can’t imagine such a thing would matter even one iota.
    My comment was only directed at you in that you said my comment seemed bizarre so I was explaining it. Other than that, it wasn't meant to poke you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My comment was only directed at you in that you said my comment seemed bizarre so I was explaining it. Other than that, it wasn't meant to poke you.
    Ahh, okay, thank you for explaining, Mtn.Devil. 😊

BTW, speaking of the word “bizarre”, we are definitely in Bizarro World in regard to college basketball. I don’t think any of us here on DBR could have ever imagined we’d see anything like this in our lifetimes.

Proctor

With the current state of college basketball, could Proctor be the last hope for anyone to have their number retired? Imagine a scenario in which Proctor sees an incredible improvement. He wins AA honors, maybe NPOY or N Defensive POY award and the team wins a national championship. He's a 3 year starter. Assuming he graduates early, he could be last jersey in the rafters.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    With the current state of college basketball, could Proctor be the last hope for anyone to have their number retired? Imagine a scenario in which Proctor sees an incredible improvement. He wins AA honors, maybe NPOY or N Defensive POY award and the team wins a national championship. He's a 3 year starter. Assuming he graduates early, he could be last jersey in the rafters.
    Unless I missed the memo one of the requirements (perhaps unwritten) was to earn a Duke degree.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Unless I missed the memo one of the requirements (perhaps unwritten) was to earn a Duke degree.
    You might have missed it. In my fantasy scenario, Tyrese graduates early.

Next basketball jersey retired? Two-time A-A Bob Verga?

It's actually probably Jon Scheyer, if he wins a title as a coach.

Tyrese, who has never even made 3rd team All-ACC, would have to have a season for the ages to get to jersey retirement consideration. He would almost certainly have to be NPOY and lead Duke to a natty for us to even think about it. He has less than 700 career points so far.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

With a great season, would Proctor be in the conversation for greatest foreign-born Duke player?

Who is the current leader in such a category? Alaa Abdelnaby?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    With a great season, would Proctor be in the conversation for greatest foreign-born Duke player?

Who is the current leader in such a category? Alaa Abdelnaby?
    Kyrie

Luol Deng, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Kyrie
    #45 Dan Meagher