Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easter games

Quote Originally Posted by obowl1955 View Post
    Think we lost to Louisville on Easter Sunday the year they won the National Championship.
    That’s also the last season where we lost our first game of the ACC tournament as a higher seed as well.

I am confused. Not a Christian so I may be missing something but I thought God was the enemy of the Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by FosterCoachK82 View Post
    I am confused. Not a Christian so I may be missing something but I thought God was the enemy of the Devil.
    God needs the Devil. The Beatles needed The Rolling Stones. Even Diane Sawyer needed Katie Couric.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    God needs the Devil. The Beatles needed The Rolling Stones. Even Diane Sawyer needed Katie Couric.
    “Dogs and cats living together- mass hysteria!”

Aha! Devil = Rolling Stones = Katy Couric

Quote Originally Posted by FosterCoachK82 View Post
    The Christian God has no enemies since everything is his creation. The Devil is just a fallen angel cast out because of defiance and arrogance. The Duke haters would see the resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighfan View Post
    The National Championship game is NOT played on Sunday, period; the semi-final game is played on Saturday and the Final is played on Monday.

Think obowl1955 was referring to our loss to Louisville in the Elite Eight on a Sunday in 2013 in post #7. AKA the Kevin Ware game. Not 1986 finals loss on a Monday (sorry for stirring up bad memories).

Back to the point of the thread, I anticipate grave consequences for NC State tomorrow. And that is not some empty promise.

We also have a lot of empirical evidence suggesting that God hates NC State. Or at least He did until a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by obowl1955 View Post
    Think we lost to Louisville on Easter Sunday the year they won the National Championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    The Kevin Ware game, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My PTSD doesn't allow for that memory.
    I was there and don't remember it being Easter, but yes probably because I've repressed the memory. That was the most antagonistic environment I have ever been in. Louisville fans were BRUTAL and relentless to the point where it felt unsafe -- but I think I just had bad luck on where I was seated.

Here is the origin of the Blue Devil for those who don't know.

https://goduke.com/sports/2006/2/21/story_of_blue_devil.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I was there and don't remember it being Easter, but yes probably because I've repressed the memory. That was the most antagonistic environment I have ever been in. Louisville fans were BRUTAL and relentless to the point where it felt unsafe -- but I think I just had bad luck on where I was seated.
    Maybe so. I attended the 2019 comeback at Louisville, and we didn't have any problems. Nothing like the relentlessly awful human beings like you usually get with North Carolina, Maryland, or LSU.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I was more amped for that game than any other non-Tar Heel, non-Final Four game I can remember. So much excitement.

The Kevin Ware injury was so horrific, I couldn't muster much emotion for the rest of the game - it felt paltry compared the that young man's injury and the obvious toll it took on everyone on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Maybe so. I attended the 2019 comeback at Louisville, and we didn't have any problems. Nothing like the relentlessly awful human beings like you usually get with North Carolina, Maryland, or LSU.

YMMV
    Or UConn. I have vivid memories of continual obscene abuse from them at a game at MSG

The Final Four was played on Easter weekend in 1978. Found a church in St. Louis on Easter to attend, and there were snow flurries, iirc. Lost to UK on Easter Monday.

Easter= My Lord and Savior resurrection.

God bless and Happy Easter.
    GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    The Final Four was played on Easter weekend in 1978. Found a church in St. Louis on Easter to attend, and there were snow flurries, iirc. Lost to UK on Easter Monday.
    It's crazy, now it doesn't even snow in March here, much less April. Or hardly at all in December-February.