Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by HoKogan View Post
    Nobody suggested Black Hole Sun? Where are all my fellow Gen Xers?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcal6vb View Post
    I almost did! Though I'm not a Gen Xer; just an older ("geriatric?") millennial.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    To show my true Gen X street cred, when you mentioned that song, I immediately thought of the Beavis and Butthead episode where they watch the video.
    Darn it, I blame myself, who is smack dab in the middle of Gen X.

I was going to post “Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun” by Pink Floyd, but wanted to listen to it first and it’s still going….

Same with “Here Comes Sunshine” by the Grateful Dead.

I’ll check back when they are over.

Late to the thread, but it needs this. "Reel Around the Sun" leads off Riverdance, The Show. This is a remastered version up to 720p, since the original was never issued on DVD. If you're truly impatient, you can skip ahead to the 3:00 mark, when the reel truly begins, but then you're missing the great Davy Spillane's impressive whistle solo to open the show:

More to the point, this is the view of both horizons at the moment of totality where I was. As you can see, we had overcast skies, but clear enough to make out the ring of the sun through the clouds as you can just see in the first picture.

4D4D3582-0A2E-4934-870F-679DB97D7CDE_1_201_a copy.jpg

4B9A9225-121F-4283-B148-C4F0431DFCCD_1_201_a copy.jpg

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    More to the point, this is the view of both horizons at the moment of totality where I was. As you can see, we had overcast skies, but clear enough to make out the ring of the sun through the clouds as you can just see in the first picture.

4D4D3582-0A2E-4934-870F-679DB97D7CDE_1_201_a copy.jpg

4B9A9225-121F-4283-B148-C4F0431DFCCD_1_201_a copy.jpg
    Very cool, love the bottom image.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

article in the local paper indicating that the very middle of the path of totality went directly thru the exercise yard at the Northwest Correctional Faciity in St Albans, VT. Inmates said they enjoyed the diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    article in the local paper indicating that the very middle of the path of totality went directly thru the exercise yard at the Northwest Correctional Faciity in St Albans, VT. Inmates said they enjoyed the diversion.
    Think how much money said facility could have earned renting cells, airbnb style!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    To show my true Gen X street cred, when you mentioned that song, I immediately thought of the Beavis and Butthead episode where they watch the video.
    There's a AI version where they sing it.
    Aswell as many other songs.

https://youtu.be/8dv3rUcSmXE?si=P6MAm-cHGUeKK9Od

I Hope that link works.

Very sad day when Chris Cornell passed.
    He made some great music .
    Wife just asked me how I can remember
    Lyrics from a song from the 90s ,but can't remember three things she needs at grocery store .the joys of matrimony.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Lyrics from a song from the 90s ,but can't remember three things she needs at grocery store .the joys of matrimony.
    Tell her to write the shopping list in the form of a good song.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    There's a AI version where they sing it.
    Aswell as many other songs.

https://youtu.be/8dv3rUcSmXE?si=P6MAm-cHGUeKK9Od

I Hope that link works.

Very sad day when Chris Cornell passed.
    He made some great music .
    I tell my wife I have the "rule of 3" - if she wants me to get more than 3 items at the grocery store, she has to write it down for me. Her usual response is: "did you REALLY go to Duke?"

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    I tell my wife I have the "rule of 3" - if she wants me to get more than 3 items at the grocery store, she has to write it down for me. Her usual response is: "did you REALLY go to Duke?"
    That is my personal rule as well. Nothing to do with going to Duke, and everything to do with the increasing misfunction of memory cells since being at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Tell her to write the shopping list in the form of a good song.
    That's how I made it through school with ADD .I had to find a catchy song and sing the subject in my head as lyrics to a song.

I went to sleep thinking of this and it's all this thread hijack's fault.

Soundgarden Hits No. 1 For The First Time On A Billboard Chart With A 30-Year-Old Song
    Hugh McIntyre
    Senior Contributor

Black Hole Sun of course...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmci...h=758462ca6088