Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I hope folks post pictures for those of us out of the zone!
    Solid clouds here, can't see a thing sun/moon wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    LIES AND PROPAGANDA! They just don't want us to see that the Earth is flat!!!! The eclipse will reveal all!!! You've been lied to your whole life.

(And yes, there are people who believe this).
    Kyrie, what are you doing online?! I would have thought you’d use your day off to nap, practice, lift weights, watch the solar eclipse or something…..ANYTHING other than wasting time on DBR.

Don’t get sucked into this trap like the rest of us fools!

We only have a partial eclipse.positives I don't have to go outside to see it.
    Negatives I just noticed the builder put windows that open that no one can reach to open.why did I not see that years ago.

IMG_6570.jpg

All I could see a few minutes before totality. It did get dark when it his totality.

Just watched on our roof in Manhattan. I think we got to about 90%. There were some clouds but not too bad. It got very noticeably colder and the automatic lights went on in some places. It was fun seeing everyone gathering on all of the neighboring roofs.

I did the thing with the colander. Saw a bunch of tiny little crescent moons. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I did the thing with the colander. Saw a bunch of tiny little crescent moons. Pretty cool.
    Haha me too. Alas, I have no Learjet. And I’m not really that vain.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That was lots of fun today! My wife's a child therapist, and she had invited a couple of her families to the office to watch with us since we've got a pretty room lawn at our office. We all enjoyed watching through the scope as well as our glasses, especially the kids. Nobody went blind!

Eclipse2024Scope.jpg

Eclipse2024Scope1.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My nieghbors did that.so we gave them some glasses since they had none. So we borrowed their colander for few .

Wow, that was amazing. Almost two minutes of totality and totally clear skies - thank you completely bogus weather forecast.

Also if you don't hear from me after 3:15 EST it's because the Rapture has taken me.

I really don't think people understand how common a solar eclipse really is. It's just that most of Earth is covered by water.
    So the water puts out the sun and we don't see it glowing?

I like sciency stuff.

A friend in Columbus texted me:

"We got a really good look at it. At totality, we all took off our glasses for about 2 minutes. Really incredible."

He works at a hospital. eek

Edit: Looked it up, supposedly ok during totality.
    Last edited by dudog84; 04-08-2024 at 06:14 PM.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Didn't get to see totality this time, but was in SC for it 7 years ago. It's an awesome thing to experience, and so much beyond a partial.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    So the water puts out the sun and we don't see it glowing?
    For some reason this makes me think of “It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.”

I don’t know why. 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    For some reason this makes me think of “It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.”

I don’t know why. 🤷
    My son and I were getting breakfast this morning. Goodbye horses
    Came on.he stated it was a good song.
    I mentioned the silence of the lambs. he had no idea what the movie was about.
    I had to show him on you tube the part.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The Further Adventures of T-Bone and the Drewsk. Episode 237: Taking the parents to see a total eclipse of the sun.

We settled on Groveton/Northumberland, New Hampshire for today's viewing. We were in the baseball field across the street from Groveton High School with a DJ and about 150 people. We got a minute and a half of totality on an otherwise bright and sunny day. What an experience!! 5 stars, highly recommended.

LIES AND PROPAGANDA! They just don't want us to see that the Earth is flat!!!! The eclipse will reveal all!!! You've been lied to your whole life.

(And yes, there are people who believe this).
    Some say since the earth is 71% water and it's not carbonated it is indeed flat.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Wait, what kind of bacon were you eating?!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wait, what kind of bacon were you eating?!
    Yeah,I saw that after the deadline.
    I would how ever give horse a try.
    My grandparents made us eat pork brains and eggs every morning. It couldn't be any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Came on.he stated it was a good song.
    I mentioned the silence of the lambs. he had no idea what the movie was about.
    I had to show him on you tube the part.
    Oh no, not necessarily the song you want to hear while having breakfast. 😬

It’s actually a good song. But the association with “Silence” is too strong.

One of my all-time favorite movies, though. 🍿