Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    Another development on the venue front -- the Florida Court held earlier this week that venue in Florida is appropriate and that the Florida case should proceed.

Since the NC court recently held the opposite, that will surely set up an interesting dynamic going forward. In responding to what would happen if the dueling lawsuits went forward simultaneously in both Florida and NC, the ACC attorney in the Florida case predicted, "Then we do have chaos."
    This is what federal court is made for.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    https://x.com/insidethebig12/status/...529249605?s=46

Iím not familiar with this dude and have no idea if he is an actual insider or a credible source. The scenario he lays out is pretty interesting though. Would result in Clemson and FSU leaving the ACC as part of a brokered deal with ESPN, in exchange for ESPN picking up the option on the ACCís media deal in 2027.

I donít know if this will happen or it wonít, but this is the sort of scenario I and some others on this board have envisioned. It may not be this specific thing, but something along these lines. Still remain of the opinion that none of the ACC/ FSU/ Clemson suits will go to trial.
    In this dude's scenario, where do FSU and Clemson end up? And BTW, if FSU and CL are appearing to having success, which I doubt, wouldn't UNC also file suit?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is what federal court is made for.
    No complete diversity of citizenship, and no federal question. Might also be too late to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    In this dude's scenario, where do FSU and Clemson end up? And BTW, if FSU and CL are appearing to having success, which I doubt, wouldn't UNC also file suit?
    His scenario is they end up in the SEC. And yea, itís fair commentary that this could be viewed as a precedent for other schools to follow.

In this dude's scenario, where do FSU and Clemson end up?
    Nobody's ever able to answer that part. There's zero evidence that they can actually move up to the B1G or the SEC. So all that leaves is the XVIII, where it's not all that clear that they can draw that much more money or have better playoff access than they have now.

All that to constantly have to send your Olympics sports to Tucson.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadingEdge View Post
    No complete diversity of citizenship, and no federal question. Might also be too late to remove.
    I will have to go dig back on the tarpit but one analysis, published as an opinion in an local rag, was that the heart of all the suits is TM and copyright and they expected to see suits moved. Not my area of expertise so I don't opine as the the accuracy. Just that someone with a brain larger than a walnut thought it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Nobody's ever able to answer that part. There's zero evidence that they can actually move up to the B1G or the SEC. So all that leaves is the XVIII, where it's not all that clear that they can draw that much more money or have better playoff access than they have now.

All that to constantly have to send your Olympics sports to Tucson.
    Without an offer or even the real prospect of an offer from the Big Ten or SEC, the only scenario that makes sense to me is for FSU and Clemson to try to force some settlement with the ACC where, like Notre Dame, they would be independent in football and keep all of the rest of their sports in the conference. Alternatively, they could see if the Big East would be open to such a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    One thing I think he, and so many are missing, is that this is not FSU versus the ACC. This is FSU, versus maybe half the ACC. Half the ACC (give or take) wants to lose this fight. That makes a lot of the seemingly hard legal issues kind of melt away. (and by half the ACC, I exaggerate, and speak to cumulative fan bases more than numbers of schools...)
    Well, I suspect FSU, Clemson, and maybe Carolina are the only ACC schools that feel confident of their fate should the conference dissolve. Maybe Virginia too... maybe. The rest of the league (which is now 18-strong) wants no part of these lawsuits succeeding. You could be right about cumulative fan bases (which is why these big three are at least somewhat attractive to the Big Ten and SEC) but that is kinda a meaningless metric here. UNC doesn't get extra votes in ACC matters because it sells more football tickets than Duke does. Sorta like saying a 260 pound man gets an extra vote compared to a 120 pound woman in an election. It does not work that way.

Also, the entire ACC office -- who are the folks who hired the lawyers -- is adamantly against a deal here as it would likely bring about the destruction of the conference and cost all of them their jobs.

As for your settlement comment -- until FSU (or Clemson) shows there is any kind of reasonable chance of breaking that GOR, the settlement figure is so massive that they cannot afford to pay it.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    In the technical sense, you are surely correct. But you gonna try and tell me they all carry the same weight when it comes to who the commissioner, other schools, networks, etc, listen to? If BC, WF and Pitt were trying to bust loose, you think the impact would be the same?

Don't think so.
    Well, so far the impact has been zero, so I say yes.