Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

As far as hiking... "15-22 miles" is "longish?" Wow, you're much more of a stud that myself.

Check out the Art Loeb Trail. The Mountains to Sea Trail. Shining Rock. If you wanted to go a little further in the car, there's a great trail in the Cataloochee part of the Smokies - the Boogerman Trail - about an 8 mile loop. Might want to double check whether the bridges are rebuilt or if you'll be doing creek crossings. The cool thing there is you may see elk.

If you are interested in meeting up for a beer, drop me a PM. If I'm in town, I will definitely make a point of grabbing a pint with a DBR fellow.
    Thank you Mtn.Devil - and everyone else - all for the wonderful suggestions. Cannot wait for this trip. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates.

Okay, okay. 15-22 is long. But we want to squeeze in a lot (miles and beer!) to make the journey memorable and worthwhile.

I normally would be interested in a meet up, but imagine it will be difficult on this trip as I am one of five. But it won't be my last trip to Asheville. : )

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlowSlider View Post
    Thank you Mtn.Devil - and everyone else - all for the wonderful suggestions. Cannot wait for this trip. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates.

Okay, okay. 15-22 is long. But we want to squeeze in a lot (miles and beer!) to make the journey memorable and worthwhile.

I normally would be interested in a meet up, but imagine it will be difficult on this trip as I am one of five. But it won't be my last trip to Asheville. : )
    Where are you visiting from?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    My son works at White Labs Brewing Co. in Asheville. I highly recommend this establishment for their food and for their beverages. Also, they're located about 5 minutes away from Montford. https://whitelabsbrewingco.com/
    Oh cool! That was my "home brewery". I lived just up the hill from there and stopped.in about every 2 weeks through January when I moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where are you visiting from?
    Boston. Flying in on a Thursday and leaving early (6:30 am flight) on a Monday morning. Not looking forward to such an early wake up after Cinco de Mayo...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh cool! That was my "home brewery". I lived just up the hill from there and stopped.in about every 2 weeks through January when I moved.
    Well, there's your mistake.