Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 89
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I have it on good authority that instead of reporting this theft to traditional law enforcement, Ohtaniís people decided to engage OJ Simpson to get to the bottom of it.
    Your username checks out

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by FosterCoachK82 View Post
    Spencer Strider has ulnar ligament damage. Not good news for the Braves rotation.
    His potential replacement in the rotation got lit up spectacularly by the Mets yesterday. 5 IP, 8 H, 7 R. Mets won, 16-4, to take the series. Braves gave up 29 runs in the three games.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    His potential replacement in the rotation got lit up spectacularly by the Mets yesterday. 5 IP, 8 H, 7 R. Mets won, 16-4, to take the series. Braves gave up 29 runs in the three games.
    A rare bright spot in what will be a long, long season for us. LGM!

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    A rare bright spot in what will be a long, long season for us. LGM!
    It may be a little premature to go all Eeyore. After starting 0-5, the Mets have won six of eight. Severino dominated the Royals tonight, and McNeil had his first three-hit game of the season. Outfield defense is noticeably improved. Baty is starting to look comfortable at third and at the plate. Lindor is a concern, but he will revert eventually.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    It may be a little premature to go all Eeyore. After starting 0-5, the Mets have won six of eight. Severino dominated the Royals tonight, and McNeil had his first three-hit game of the season. Outfield defense is noticeably improved. Baty is starting to look comfortable at third and at the plate. Lindor is a concern, but he will revert eventually.
    Iím a Mets fan from 1962. Just the way we are. Hope you are right

    Iím more optimistic for the future with the restocked farm system.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    It may be a little premature to go all Eeyore. After starting 0-5, the Mets have won six of eight. Severino dominated the Royals tonight, and McNeil had his first three-hit game of the season. Outfield defense is noticeably improved. Baty is starting to look comfortable at third and at the plate. Lindor is a concern, but he will revert eventually.
    Just have to LOL at Mets fans in the early season. I admire your hopefulness.

  7. #67
    Strider out for the season after UCL surgery.

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...epaired-season

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Strider out for the season after UCL surgery.

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...epaired-season
    And the Braves rotation now needs reconstructive surgery.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    At least the Braves have a second ace they can slide into the number 1 slot. Max Fried started today and gave up 8 runs in 4 1/3 innings, 6 in the first inning. That's the stuff.

    Braves came back to win 9-8.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Strider out for the season after UCL surgery.

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...epaired-season
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    And the Braves rotation now needs reconstructive surgery.
    But at least Fried showed up yesterday.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    His potential replacement in the rotation got lit up spectacularly by the Mets yesterday. 5 IP, 8 H, 7 R. Mets won, 16-4, to take the series. Braves gave up 29 runs in the three games.
    Allan Winans is not, in any universe visited by Kirk or Spock, Strider's potential replacement. He's an organizational depth piece who was called up because the day they needed a starter was his turn in the AAA rotation and the Braves didn't want to disrupt things while Strider was being evaluated. The over/under on additional starts he'll make for Atlanta (unless things really go sideways) is probably 0.5.
    Last edited by kmspeaks; 04-14-2024 at 02:23 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Iím a Mets fan from 1962. Just the way we are. Hope you are right

    Iím more optimistic for the future with the restocked farm system.
    Yo la tengo.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wilmington
    Friars take 2 of 3 in LA .. BEAT LA

  13. #73
    Mets sweep Pirates before heading to LA and SF. Bullpen, which was an area of concern, has been lights-out during the 10-of-13 run, helping the team to the NLís best staff ERA.

    In a quirk of scheduling, by Sunday the Mets will have played 21 straight games against teams over .500. One win in LA and theyíll be 11-10 over that stretch.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Mets sweep Pirates before heading to LA and SF. Bullpen, which was an area of concern, has been lights-out during the 10-of-13 run, helping the team to the NLís best staff ERA.

    In a quirk of scheduling, by Sunday the Mets will have played 21 straight games against teams over .500. One win in LA and theyíll be 11-10 over that stretch.
    LGM! Too early to get excited yet, but this is way better than I expected - especially after the awful start. (As you reminded me about a week ago...)

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Looks like 3 runs is the max the Cardinals can score this season. They've scored 3 runs or less in 13 of their 19 games. Goldschmidt looks lost at the plate. Pitching has improved but the offense is in a funk.

    Two former Duke players are listed as candidates that might join their parent teams this season:

    Joey Loperfido with Houston. He's currently in AAA and leads the minors with: 10 homers, 12 x-base hits, 51 total bases, 21 runs scored. He stole 27 bases last season.
    Graham Pauley is with the Padre organization AAA team and was the other Duke player that was listed as a candidate that might join the parent team in 2024.

  16. #76
    Bryce Jarvis is off to an OK start with the DBacks as a middle reliever: 6 appearances, 3 very good, 2 so-so, 1 bad.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Graham Pauley is with the Padre organization AAA team and was the other Duke player that was listed as a candidate that might join the parent team in 2024.
    Pauley got a long look by the Major League team prior to being optioned to AAA. Heís hit 4 home runs and has played both 3B and LF.

    The issue for him is that other guys beat him out for those spots and have generally played well so far. Manny Machado is progressing to return to the field late this month/early next, which could cause some shuffling.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Pauley got a long look by the Major League team prior to being optioned to AAA. Heís hit 4 home runs and has played both 3B and LF.

    The issue for him is that other guys beat him out for those spots and have generally played well so far. Manny Machado is progressing to return to the field late this month/early next, which could cause some shuffling.
    Pauley back up to the big leagues, getting the start at 3rd at home in SD against the Blue Jays. Letís hope his slugging continues!

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    The non-Yankee fan in me finds this hilarious - the rational sports fan in me thinks this ump should get suspended: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...e-vs-athletics

    Telling the manager "I don't care who said it, you're gone!" when ejecting him for something the manager did not say is wild.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

    You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

    You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest NC
    Dodgers sweep my Braves in LA over the weekend. Atlanta is in a funk right now going 1-5 on their Seattle, LA road trip. Olsen, Riley and Acuna are struggling and the offense just isn't scoring enough runs right now. The Phillies have overtaken them in the standings and now have the best record in baseball. Ugh
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Similar Threads

  1. NBA 2023-2024 General Discussion Thread
    By SouthernDukie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1168
    Last Post: Today, 08:06 PM
  2. 2024 PGA Tour Season
    By CameronDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 05-11-2024, 07:02 PM
  3. 2023-2024 DWBB Season
    By dudog84 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1849
    Last Post: 04-08-2024, 06:22 PM
  4. 2023-2024 MLB Off-season / Hot Stove
    By CameronDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 03-01-2024, 03:45 PM
  5. 2023-2024 NHL Season
    By CameronDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-30-2023, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •